Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE WEIRDLY WEIRD WEIRD DAY  (Read 1631 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: THE WEIRDLY WEIRD WEIRD DAY
« Reply #90 on: July 19, 2024, 09:00:59 AM »

George, I was being facetious yesterday about the plot of the movie. Rohmer made a whole bunch of movies in the 1970s and '80s with roughly the same setup. The ones I have seen are all wonderful.

Ah.  Thanks for the clarification. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #91 on: July 19, 2024, 09:01:08 AM »

PAGE FOUR DANCE!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

George

« Reply #93 on: July 19, 2024, 09:09:10 AM »

This dropped today:

Cool!  The physical CD, however, won't be released until August 30th. ::)

:P

George

« Reply #94 on: July 19, 2024, 09:09:35 AM »

Instead, my doctor congratulated me on moving in the right direction.

That's always nice to hear...especially when it was unexpected!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #95 on: July 19, 2024, 09:10:02 AM »

DR George has your niece always had hyperacusis or did it develope later?

George

« Reply #96 on: July 19, 2024, 09:10:30 AM »

I have the day off from work, but my colleagues who are scheduled to work can't; the entire state systems are down.

Oh, my goodness! :o

Jane

« Reply #97 on: July 19, 2024, 09:10:53 AM »

Well I fell asleep unexpectedly last night and then woke up unexpectedly at 4 am and despite best efforts have been unable to go back to sleep

I too have been awake since 4:00 which is an improvement over yesterday when I woke up at 2:00.

Jane

« Reply #98 on: July 19, 2024, 09:12:42 AM »

A most unusual thing happened yesterday evening!

I went into my bedroom and noticed, out my window, some flashing lights out on the street.  Peering out that window I saw what looked like a huge pile of dead foliage on the edge of my yard.

I went out and saw that our energy company trucks were out there as was a neighbor.  I asked my neighbor what was going on, and it seems one of the trees on the edge of my yard had given up the ghost during a thunderstorm and had fallen across a power line.  Happily, the line had not gone down, and the power company folks were in the process of ensuring said tree would be removed.  It was raining, so i came back in the house fully expecting a knock on my door, but that never happened.  I see this morning that the tree was taken down and now occupies the edge of my yard.

I have zero idea of what will come next.  I would think they will bill me for their efforts in removing my tree from their power line, And I will have to hire someone to haul off the remnants of the tree.

As Roseanne Roseannadanna would say, "It's always somethin'"!

Oh my.

George

« Reply #99 on: July 19, 2024, 09:13:03 AM »

Audience was mostly asleep last night.

They woke up toward the end.

:(

Vibes for better audiences for the last two performances!

~~~DITTO!!~~~

Jane

« Reply #100 on: July 19, 2024, 09:13:12 AM »

Last night one of the actresses in the show brought some sweet corn from her garden.  I got six unshucked ears.

Since I can't eat it with my partial plate....I will offer them to my brother.

I'm sorry you can't eat them.

Jane

« Reply #101 on: July 19, 2024, 09:13:35 AM »

Instead, my doctor congratulated me on moving in the right direction.

Congratulations.  Keep up the good work.

Jane

« Reply #102 on: July 19, 2024, 09:14:08 AM »

I feel like the proverbial truck ran over me... but in a good way.

Getting home after seeing the show and hanging around with friends afterward, I was up till ALL HOURS. So I got to sleep at approximately all hours o'clock and woke up three (count 'em) hours later, feeling deader than a doornail. What IS a doornail, anyway? I don't think we have any here on our doors. I shall have to check that out. Anyhoo, I laid awake feeling like total crap for an hour, and thankfully fell back to sleep. It just happened that Nathan had the morning off so I wasn't awakened by a starving feline, or even a starving felon, and when I finally awoke it was 9:30 in the a.m. which is practically unheard of these days. I'm already on my second coffee (there'll be more to come), and here I am.

Lovely.

George

« Reply #103 on: July 19, 2024, 09:14:22 AM »

A most unusual thing happened yesterday evening!

I went into my bedroom and noticed, out my window, some flashing lights out on the street.  Peering out that window I saw what looked like a huge pile of dead foliage on the edge of my yard.

I went out and saw that our energy company trucks were out there as was a neighbor.  I asked my neighbor what was going on, and it seems one of the trees on the edge of my yard had given up the ghost during a thunderstorm and had fallen across a power line.  Happily, the line had not gone down, and the power company folks were in the process of ensuring said tree would be removed.  It was raining, so i came back in the house fully expecting a knock on my door, but that never happened.  I see this morning that the tree was taken down and now occupies the edge of my yard.

I have zero idea of what will come next.  I would think they will bill me for their efforts in removing my tree from their power line, And I will have to hire someone to haul off the remnants of the tree.

As Roseanne Roseannadanna would say, "It's always somethin'"!

Vibes that all goes well (and ends up being reasonably priced) for getting it removed!

~~~DITTO!!~~~

Jane

« Reply #104 on: July 19, 2024, 09:14:47 AM »

I have the day off from work, but my colleagues who are scheduled to work can't; the entire state systems are down.

That is not good.  I hope they quickly fix the problem.

George

« Reply #105 on: July 19, 2024, 09:15:45 AM »

The show was great. And for a number of reasons. This was the first of the two shows this season following the marathon auditioning I played for a few months back, and I have to say they did an incredible job of casting. But all the elements were in place. The direction, choreography, costumes, sets, and the small but extremely well balanced orchestra (8 or 9 players) were as good as - or possibly better than - anything I've seen at this theeder in the 30 years I've been attending and occasionally participating.

It's a high water mark that coincides with the amazing renovations they've just gotten done with:  new stage and wings (this is outdoors), new concession stand and tech booth and restrooms (it had been port-a-potties for years), and other improvements to the property that would take a long time to explain. The long delay for it was due to the wait for city funding (it's on an old estate which has been city property for years), but once the funding starting coming through, they seem to be doing everything right with it. There's more to come in the future - namely, a roof over the stage, a permanent orchestra "pavilion" to replace the tents they've been using, and I don't know what else.

That's amazing, ChasSmith!

Jane

« Reply #106 on: July 19, 2024, 09:17:03 AM »

If I were catching a flight to Florida to embark on a cruise, and the airport was closed, I'd be pretty upset.

I'm grateful this didn't happen the day we flew home from Amsterdam.  Instead we arrived early.

Jane

« Reply #107 on: July 19, 2024, 09:17:31 AM »

Sorry.

Jane

« Reply #108 on: July 19, 2024, 09:17:54 AM »

:(

Vibes for better audiences for the last two performances!

Ditto!

George

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: July 19, 2024, 09:18:15 AM »

DR Elmore - coincidentally, someone in the Musical Theatre Orchestration group on FB just posted about Robert Russell Bennet's Instrumentally Speaking, which he's reading at the NYPL since it can't be checked out. He included photos of a bunch of individual pages, and it looks utterly fascinating. I would zip right through something like that myself, even though I have no earthly reason for doing so other than to further my own appreciation for the craft. And for learning more about the instruments themselves.

I love this book! It and the Collinson are perfect for a reprint service, and I don't know why nothing's been done about it.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #111 on: July 19, 2024, 09:18:47 AM »

Jane

« Reply #112 on: July 19, 2024, 09:19:08 AM »

DR Ron I wonder if the power company will suggest you remove or trim other trees along the power line.

Jrand74

• Rosemary's Baby
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #113 on: July 19, 2024, 09:19:53 AM »

Interesting photos from DR RON PULLIAM.
....it has an undertaste.....

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: July 19, 2024, 09:19:56 AM »

DR John G, thanks for your thoughts.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

Jrand74

• Rosemary's Baby
« Reply #116 on: July 19, 2024, 09:20:18 AM »

Congrats to DR singdaw on his doctor's words.....and I liked your coded message.

George

« Reply #117 on: July 19, 2024, 09:20:41 AM »

Jrand74

• Rosemary's Baby
« Reply #118 on: July 19, 2024, 09:21:09 AM »

I thought about doing that to the corn.....but between shucking and cutting and cooking......it's too much work for today.

George

« Reply #119 on: July 19, 2024, 09:21:14 AM »

Those are some amazing pictures, Ron!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up