Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HORRIFYING REALIZATION  (Read 3078 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re: THE HORRIFYING REALIZATION
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2024, 06:50:03 AM »

A gracious good Tuesday morning, everyone.

It looks to be a mostly sunny day in the CSRA.

I have a morning of leisure to be followed by a 1 p.m. Stemwave appointment.  I have the one today and one next week, and the pre-paid treatments will be completed.

I am most encouraged by the results.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2024, 06:51:00 AM »

This morning I finished a gay teen novel called Cafe Con Lychee. It was cute, messages flying high as banners. But it had one problem that reminded me of Pauline Kael’s review of Best Little Whorehouse in Texas. She complained about the production number when the Aggies arrive at Miss Mona’s. The token black football player immediately takes up with the token black working girl.

In the novel, the high school’s openly gay student becomes friends with his closeted gay enemy. Yes, they fall in love. Yes, it’s a romance novel. But geez, are there no other choices?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2024, 06:52:05 AM »

Woops. DR John G. and I might be on to something...

Ha!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2024, 06:53:05 AM »

On the 22nd of this month, I shall be having a reunion with all my paternal first cousins.  There are ten of us.  We lost one cousin back in 1957.  He was struck by a car in front of his house as he crossed the road from getting the newspaper out of the postal box for his dad.

We always remember Jimmy when we get together.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2024, 06:54:30 AM »

But the cheese stands alone.

Is that the cheese that won the limburger contest?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2024, 06:57:50 AM »

I have just learned that the dollar is down 0.78% against the Japanese Yen.

Singdaw...what did you do????

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2024, 07:04:45 AM »

Let vibes for Dear Elmore.

Jrand74

• Rosemary's Baby
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2024, 07:05:00 AM »

Great stories from DR ELMORE.
....it has an undertaste.....

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2024, 07:06:19 AM »

It’s amazing what kindhearted people can do. And the one on the turnpike had to have been an angel.

Jrand74

• Rosemary's Baby
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2024, 07:06:34 AM »

I saw the US version of GODZILLA on the Channel 8 late night movie one Friday in 1961 or 1962.

I did see the original version about 10 years ago or so....on DVD.....

There are several interesting Godzilla movies from the 70's and 80's that I like to watch and I have a few on DVD.
....it has an undertaste.....

ChasSmith

« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2024, 07:14:05 AM »

I haven't seen any GODZILLA movies in so long that I'm going to take out the ones I have here and set up a new to-watch pile -- which I've needed to do anyway.

I've also wanted to see the new movie, but not till I've renewed my acquaintance with the old.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2024, 07:15:15 AM »

Once, still pretty new to NYC, I was riding the A train from Brooklyn to Penn Station for my morning commute. And a guy across the train from me caught my eye. I thought, ok, that guy is really staring at me. Then the seat next to me opened up and he came and sat. I was like, getting a bit uncomfortable, but my stop came up. I get up to leave, and he sticks a piece of paper in my hand. I get off the train, he does not follow. The doors close, and I read the note he’d written, which says, and it was true, “Your sweater’s on inside out.”

Laura

« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2024, 07:21:48 AM »

Good morning.

John G.

« Reply #43 on: June 04, 2024, 07:27:04 AM »

The only Godzilla movie I have seen in the theater was the one in the 1990s with Matthew Broderick.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #44 on: June 04, 2024, 07:27:28 AM »

Once, still pretty new to NYC, I was riding the A train from Brooklyn to Penn Station for my morning commute. And a guy across the train from me caught my eye. I thought, ok, that guy is really staring at me. Then the seat next to me opened up and he came and sat. I was like, getting a bit uncomfortable, but my stop came up. I get up to leave, and he sticks a piece of paper in my hand. I get off the train, he does not follow. The doors close, and I read the note he’d written, which says, and it was true, “Your sweater’s on inside out.”

Fashion angel?
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2024, 07:31:39 AM »

I have a very early (no older than 3 years of age) memory of watching King Kong vs Godzilla on our old black and white set in our upstairs playroom in Merrillville, Indiana.

Then a couple years later Godzilla in Destroy All Monsters was like the greatest thing I’d ever seen.

I remember watching Godzilla movies on TV on Saturdays with my sister.  I have no memory, however, of specifically which Godzilla movies we watched. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2024, 07:32:37 AM »

Wordle 1,081 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2024, 07:33:26 AM »

Is there such a thing as dirty beauty?

It probably depends on your definition of "dirty." ;)

George

« Reply #48 on: June 04, 2024, 07:36:04 AM »

Angelic visitations.

I'm glad you got help when you needed it, DR elmore3003.

Ditto!!

ChasSmith

« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2024, 07:36:19 AM »

Something you never see:
Fashion Angels lining up to volunteer for DR ChasSmith duty.

George

« Reply #50 on: June 04, 2024, 07:39:09 AM »

That's funny, Rodzinski! ;D

Freddie

• The poster formerly known as FJL
« Reply #51 on: June 04, 2024, 08:17:15 AM »

A gracious good Tuesday morning, everyone.

It looks to be a mostly sunny day in the CSRA.

I have a morning of leisure to be followed by a 1 p.m. Stemwave appointment.  I have the one today and one next week, and the pre-paid treatments will be completed.

I am most encouraged by the results.

It's been wonderful to hear about your progress with the Stemwave treatments.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.  Something like that only happens two or three times in a person's life!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: June 04, 2024, 08:20:47 AM »

That was my first laugh for today!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Freddie

• The poster formerly known as FJL
« Reply #53 on: June 04, 2024, 08:21:22 AM »

That's a great New York story.
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.  Something like that only happens two or three times in a person's life!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2024, 08:29:05 AM »

To get back to my angelic visitations: I have never again seen that huge - she was really fat! - kind black lady since that day in August 2013. As to that kind gentleman yesterday, I never got a good look at him; my vision was strictly on getting that damned walker across Amsterdam Avenue before impatient drivers at the light charged me. I don't know if he was human or a fragment of my imagination.

Part of me that still believes Thatch is an angel looking out for me. Before the cancer operation in 2020, I still walked with a cane, and he began sleeping with me. When I would get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, he would walk ahead of me to and from it. It was like following a silver fish in the dark apartment.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: June 04, 2024, 08:34:11 AM »

I saw the American release of Godzilla with Raymond Burr when it was first released. Was that 1957? I'm sure it was a double feature but I have no memory of what the other film was.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #56 on: June 04, 2024, 09:15:19 AM »

Sad news about Janis Paige, but wow on 101. 

Jane

« Reply #57 on: June 04, 2024, 09:17:28 AM »

The heatwave heading our way doesn't seem bad as originally predicted.

Jane

« Reply #58 on: June 04, 2024, 09:22:18 AM »

On the 22nd of this month, I shall be having a reunion with all my paternal first cousins.  There are ten of us.  We lost one cousin back in 1957.  He was struck by a car in front of his house as he crossed the road from getting the newspaper out of the postal box for his dad.

We always remember Jimmy when we get together.

:(

Jane

« Reply #59 on: June 04, 2024, 09:26:11 AM »

Great story, but funny that he didn't just tell you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up