Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: BOCA BURGER  (Read 30795 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:BOCA BURGER
« Reply #150 on: June 20, 2005, 01:15:26 PM »

And I think it's a Faber edition.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #151 on: June 20, 2005, 01:15:44 PM »

I'll tell you a major exception to that rule about musicals being made available; I was astonished when a local teater group here got the right for a local production of Disney's BEAUTY AND THE BEAST. I had NO idea it was available for local production. This is a semi-professional group who's doing this version with Mark Dalio, who's played Gaston all over Europe, starring as the Beast.

However, a strictly amateur community theater is doing the show this fall as its season opener, so I guess it is now available even though it's still on Broadway in its original production and I thought was still touring nationally though that tour may have wound up now.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #152 on: June 20, 2005, 01:17:53 PM »

Yes, there was.  The complete score, and I think there's also a cut song as well.

Whew!  For a second there, I thought I had had one too many of Alice B. Toklas' brownies.

:P
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #153 on: June 20, 2005, 01:19:26 PM »

DR Jose - I cooked a lot yesterday (Father's Day, you know) and proudly wore my Mamma Mia apron.  My mom loved it.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

« Reply #154 on: June 20, 2005, 01:19:44 PM »

Found out from my friend today during lunch that he doesn't leave for London until NEXT Tuesday. He's going to miss the national tour of HAIRSPRAY which is making its first visit to Charlotte, so he's giving me his tickets.

Matt H.

« Reply #155 on: June 20, 2005, 01:21:11 PM »

Was that LOST IN THE STARS done at Encores?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #156 on: June 20, 2005, 01:21:32 PM »

I'll tell you a major exception to that rule about musicals being made available; I was astonished when a local teater group here got the right for a local production of Disney's BEAUTY AND THE BEAST. I had NO idea it was available for local production. This is a semi-professional group who's doing this version with Mark Dalio, who's played Gaston all over Europe, starring as the Beast.

However, a strictly amateur community theater is doing the show this fall as its season opener, so I guess it is now available even though it's still on Broadway in its original production and I thought was still touring nationally though that tour may have wound up now.

Ah, yes.... I'm sure former DR Jason could fill you in on the whole Beauty & The Beast "structure".

Once the rights were released, they ended up being rolled out quite fast.  In fact, a local church group in Richmond ended up with the rights last December!  Yes, the Broadway production is still running, but the tour did close up shop two summers ago.  *I subbed in during the closing months.

And there are least three community theatre productions currently in production or planning right now in the DC area.

$$$ Ka-Ching! $$$
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #157 on: June 20, 2005, 01:22:18 PM »

DR Jose - I cooked a lot yesterday (Father's Day, you know) and proudly wore my Mamma Mia apron.  My mom loved it.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: June 20, 2005, 01:22:26 PM »

Actually, I believe it's in both.  I know the paperback/acting edition has the 'columns', and the hardcover edition does too.

Well, I went to the Samuel French site and they have the "acting edition" based on the broadway production.  amazon.com has an Anchor trade paper edition of the play and it also exists in a Frayn collection published by Methuen.  Is that any help?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #159 on: June 20, 2005, 01:23:48 PM »

Was that LOST IN THE STARS done at Encores?

I don't believe Encores! has done LOST IN THE STARS; my only memory of a Kurt Weill show is LADY IN THE DARK.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #160 on: June 20, 2005, 01:23:52 PM »

He's going to miss the national tour of HAIRSPRAY which is making its first visit to Charlotte, so he's giving me his tickets.

Wonder if it's the same tour that we'll see here in Dayton, OH, in February, 2006?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #161 on: June 20, 2005, 01:26:42 PM »

But there have been other shows that have been released in a somewhat "fast" fashion.  It all depends just what kind of agreement - control - the original authors work out with the licensing house and/or their agents.

And with the all the Disney's properties/shows that MTI has picked up - and have been adapting for their Jr. Line... I suspect we'll be seeing a lot of Beauty's all over the place... There's even an Aida Jr. in the works!?!?!?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2005, 01:28:41 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #162 on: June 20, 2005, 01:32:31 PM »

Well, I went to the Samuel French site and they have the "acting edition" based on the broadway production.  amazon.com has an Anchor trade paper edition of the play and it also exists in a Frayn collection published by Methuen.  Is that any help?

Well, not really...

But if you want to help me dig through my storage unit in Richmond, I can dig out my copies.

I know I have the Sam French acting edition, and my hardcover was from the Fireside Book Club - now the sadly defunct Stage & Screen Book Club.  There was also another edition of the play released at the time of the recent Broadway revival.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #163 on: June 20, 2005, 01:34:50 PM »

Wonder if it's the same tour that we'll see here in Dayton, OH, in February, 2006?

Yep, only one Hairspray company on tour right now.  Of course, by the time it reaches Dayton, there may be some personnel changes.
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #164 on: June 20, 2005, 01:40:04 PM »

You may THINK this is JMK posting, but in reality it is BK posting from JMK's computer.  Rather than log him off and me on I just decided to use his moniker.

We did a bit of sightseeing.  Went to Powell's bookstore - very confusing jernt, but lots of books.  I bought two first edition plays - Man of La Mancha (which is quite rare), and the first Brit edition of Alan Ayckbourn's Norman Conquests.  Reasonable prices, too.  

We stopped and I got some Actifed, although I'm perfectly fine right now, so maybe the Claritin will keep on going for its full twenty-four hours.  However, buying the Actifed you would have thought I was a drug addickt.  Had to show ID, they write down all your info - WEIRD
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #165 on: June 20, 2005, 01:41:02 PM »

And after it's stop in Charlotte, Hairspray then heads up here to the Kennedy Center for a few weeks.

The drummer and one of the keyboard players were in the Aida pit.  I ran into them when they were in L.A. last summer, and I'm hoping to catch them while they're in town in a few weeks.  But since I'll be in NYC...  We shall see...
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

« Reply #166 on: June 20, 2005, 01:45:45 PM »

I'm trying not to eat until dinner.  I definitely have lost three or four pounds over the last week - I can feel it.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #167 on: June 20, 2005, 01:45:49 PM »

We stopped and I got some Actifed, although I'm perfectly fine right now, so maybe the Claritin will keep on going for its full twenty-four hours.  However, buying the Actifed you would have thought I was a drug addickt.  Had to show ID, they write down all your info - WEIRD

Well, after reading about the current "craze" for crystal meth - and it's very accessibility and "make"-ability...

Yes, you may have been inconvenienced, but if by signing some forms keep someone else from manufacturing and using crystal meth, well, I think the good has been done.

-Unfortunately, I have an acquaintance going through an "ordeal" right now.  And, as I - and other people in his circle - are learning - and reminded of - he's the only one that can truly help himself.
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

« Reply #168 on: June 20, 2005, 01:47:19 PM »

That post was from BK, in case you were confused.  It's too weird posting with JMK's account.  I keep trying to figure out where my beard and wife is.  NOT RIGHT>

Matt H.

« Reply #169 on: June 20, 2005, 01:50:35 PM »

Like NOISES OFF, I think THE NORMAN CONQUESTS is one of the cleverest plays ever written. Of course in the case of TNC, it's three plays that are happening concurrently. So brilliant, and SO funny.

Is the TV version of the three plays available on video. They're the only versions I've ever seen, but I was mesmerized by the entire concept and found it brilliantly done.

JMK

« Reply #170 on: June 20, 2005, 01:58:46 PM »

BK again.

MBarnum - if she's such a fan she ought to break her plans and come.  

I do hope Ann is telling everyone she's just a bit under the weather.

JMK

« Reply #171 on: June 20, 2005, 01:59:44 PM »

BK here.  You're all looking at my this, aren't you?  

JMK would never say that, at least not with his wife in the avatar.

And now - Dino at the piano.  

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #172 on: June 20, 2005, 02:03:38 PM »

Ann is indeed feeling "under the weather"  I'm feeling a bit of a twinge of guilt, having called in sick when I really could have worked...but ah well, too late now.  And I've had a killer headache all day, so it wasn't a total lie. Right?? :)

Two hours from now, Jed, TCB, and I should be on our way down to the Land of Port.  Before we go, I must finish preparing my car for the trip, hit the supermarket, and finish the dishes.  

See all the NW people soon!

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #173 on: June 20, 2005, 02:07:54 PM »

I'm trying not to eat until dinner.  I definitely have lost three or four pounds over the last week - I can feel it.

Its the boca burger... keep eating boca burgers ands the pounds will melt away!!!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #174 on: June 20, 2005, 02:09:49 PM »

There's even an Aida Jr. in the works!?!?!?

:o either I have the story line wrong or there is going to have to be same rewrites

vixmom

« Reply #175 on: June 20, 2005, 02:11:02 PM »

Ann is indeed feeling "under the weather"  I'm feeling a bit of a twinge of guilt, having called in sick when I really could have worked...but ah well, too late now.  And I've had a killer headache all day, so it wasn't a total lie. Right?? :)

Two hours from now, Jed, TCB, and I should be on our way down to the Land of Port.  Before we go, I must finish preparing my car for the trip, hit the supermarket, and finish the dishes.  

See all the NW people soon!

have a wonderful trip, but be careful around bk, word on the street is he's a meth addict   ;D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #176 on: June 20, 2005, 02:15:05 PM »

Got about an hour of PICKUP ON SOUTH STREET watched - through Thelma Ritter's demise. She CERTAINLY deserved the Oscar that year (won by Gloria Grahame in THE BAD AND THE BEAUTIFUL). I think she's so affecting in this part. Yes, it WAS the year Jean Hagen was nominated for SINGIN' IN THE RAIN, and that's a wonderful (over-the-top) performance, too, but give me Thelma any day.

I think Thelma deserved MANY Oscars....and I believe she still holds the record for most Supporting Actress nominations without a win.

In 1952, she was nominated for "With A Song In My Heart" and that's one of my favorite performances by her.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #177 on: June 20, 2005, 02:16:07 PM »

Well anyone could see  that your mom is a lucky woman... after all she does have  you as a son.... :D

BTW, can she buy my lottery tickets for me from here on in?

;D

Well, that was post 138 for today.

DR vixmom's Member Number - according the "sidebar" is 247.

Today's topic number is 607 according to the Home Page.

Guess what numbers I'll be playing tonight.

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #178 on: June 20, 2005, 02:17:02 PM »

And that was my 6783rd post!

And this is my 6784th one!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #179 on: June 20, 2005, 02:17:39 PM »

have a wonderful trip, but be careful around bk, word on the street is he's a meth addict   ;D

But can he loan me a dollar to but a lottery ticket?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up