Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE PUSH  (Read 2419 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: THE PUSH
« Reply #60 on: October 08, 2021, 11:58:00 AM »

Yes, Fosca is intended to be homely.

I know!  It's like when Jonathan Groff was cast to play Seymour in the recent revival of Little Shop.  He's gorgeous and Seymour isn't supposed to be.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #61 on: October 08, 2021, 11:58:28 AM »

Oh, look!  It's Page Three! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #62 on: October 08, 2021, 11:59:25 AM »

George

« Reply #63 on: October 08, 2021, 11:59:49 AM »

George, thank you for sharing the poster. I’m glad I saw it, even if I don’t like it.

My...pleasure?? ::)

George

« Reply #64 on: October 08, 2021, 12:01:20 PM »

Anyway - I am seriously considering giving up the 2004 PT Cruiser and moving on to another car.....we shall see next week.

Good luck!  I still haven't seriously started my new car search, yet.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #65 on: October 08, 2021, 12:01:35 PM »

Somebody asked before how old some of the graves are there. Most of those I see are from the 1800s, but I'm told by someone who should know that there are some 1700s, and even a few from the late 1600s if you know where to look. I apparently don't know where to look, but the real problem is erosion of the carvings on the stones. Some of them are in horrible condition and barely readable.

That was me.  It is a shame about the carvings. 

Truly shocking are when the flat grave markers are completely covered by grass.  We found that on some of my family graves when we did our tour in England a couple of years ago.  These were in church cemeteries. 

George

« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2021, 12:02:54 PM »

Well.....I watched the first two episodes of GHOSTS last night - and it did make me laugh.

It's sort of a reverse TOPPER - the wife can see the GHOSTS, the husband can't.....

So that's TWO new shows that I like:  THE BIG LEAP and GHOSTS.

I loved the Topper movies.

When I found out about them, I bought the VHS tapes of the TV episodes that Sondheim co-wrote.  I think I still have them somewhere.

Jane

« Reply #67 on: October 08, 2021, 12:04:06 PM »

I have found six books with the title "Cloud Cuckoo Land"

Jane

« Reply #68 on: October 08, 2021, 12:04:15 PM »

I am currently reading the recently published "Cloud Cuckoo Land" by Anthony Doerr.  Has anyone read it?

George

« Reply #69 on: October 08, 2021, 12:04:54 PM »

I ate a couple of leftover donuts (microwaved for 7 or 8 seconds) earlier this morning, and now I'm feeling the need for a wee bit more indulgence in the form of, say, a Sausage & Egg McMuffin. I don't think I've had one of those in a year and a half.

I'm hoping when the McRib comes back, it's not a letdown.  There was a version of the McRib that was really great, but it was temporary. 

My sister used to love these.  She doesn't eat land animals anymore, but she does still miss them.

George

« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2021, 12:07:37 PM »

I am currently reading the recently published "Cloud Cuckoo Land" by Anthony Doerr.  Has anyone read it?

I downloaded it, and I also got the Advanced Reader's Copy.  I don't know when I'll get to it, though.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: October 08, 2021, 12:19:42 PM »

I'm up, I'm up - a  bit over eight hours of sleep.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2021, 12:20:08 PM »

Have not heard a peep from the helper's mom - not good.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2021, 12:30:07 PM »

A bunch of us are meeting at the country cemetery again this evening. It's been a somewhat hectic day and I'm looking forward to relaxing over a drink there.

Holding a seance?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2021, 12:35:34 PM »

Well, Biden turned down Trump's "executive privilege" attempt to hide his papers from the Jan. 6 committee, and Trump has ordered the four cronies who were subpoenaed to ignore them. The asshole sure acts like an innocent man, doesn't he?

I think he deserves the same punishment as the Brits behind the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2021, 01:26:51 PM »

Well.....I watched the first two episodes of GHOSTS last night - and it did make me laugh.

It's sort of a reverse TOPPER - the wife can see the GHOSTS, the husband can't.....

So that's TWO new shows that I like:  THE BIG LEAP and GHOSTS.

I loved the Topper movies.

When I found out about them, I bought the VHS tapes of the TV episodes that Sondheim co-wrote.  I think I still have them somewhere.

I have one episode of his on DVD.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2021, 01:27:45 PM »

I downloaded it, and I also got the Advanced Reader's Copy.  I don't know when I'll get to it, though.

I have it on reserve.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #77 on: October 08, 2021, 01:28:22 PM »

Antony Sher’s Year of the King came in today.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2021, 01:30:26 PM »

I ate a couple of leftover donuts (microwaved for 7 or 8 seconds) earlier this morning, and now I'm feeling the need for a wee bit more indulgence in the form of, say, a Sausage & Egg McMuffin. I don't think I've had one of those in a year and a half.

I'm hoping when the McRib comes back, it's not a letdown.  There was a version of the McRib that was really great, but it was temporary. 

My sister used to love these.  She doesn't eat land animals anymore, but she does still miss them.

You assume a lot, my friend. Who really know what McRib is made of? Could be jackfruit.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2021, 01:30:48 PM »

Could be soylent green
― Voltaire

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2021, 02:05:51 PM »

One of the most mesmerizing live concerts I have ever attended was Russian pianist Daniil Trifonov playing the entirety of J.S. Bach's The Art of the Fugue from memory, just before the whole pandemic started. Well, now it's been released on CD, on Deutsche Grammophon, so everyone can enjoy it.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #81 on: October 08, 2021, 02:15:29 PM »

I know it's not historically accurate to play Bach on a modern piano, but I love it. A lot more than a harpsichord.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #82 on: October 08, 2021, 02:39:07 PM »

Boo!

John G.

« Reply #83 on: October 08, 2021, 03:07:32 PM »

Boo who?
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #84 on: October 08, 2021, 03:14:52 PM »

Friday evening greetings!  Today I finally had the motivation to switch out the summer patriotic decor in our living/dining room for some fall/Halloween items.  In the process, I removed the layer of dust that was deposited during all the jackhammering.  Then I had to sit down to cough and catch my breath.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #85 on: October 08, 2021, 03:15:43 PM »

Richard is out picking up pizza for dinner and I’m having a glass of wine.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

« Reply #86 on: October 08, 2021, 03:19:52 PM »

Good for you, Ginny.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #87 on: October 08, 2021, 03:20:31 PM »

Two years ago today

― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #88 on: October 08, 2021, 03:21:05 PM »

And this:

― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #89 on: October 08, 2021, 03:21:37 PM »

And this

― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up