Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: MEETING A NEW MUSICAL DIRECTOR  (Read 3421 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
MEETING A NEW MUSICAL DIRECTOR
« on: September 06, 2021, 12:06:36 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes met a new musical director, and now it is time for you to post until the musical director cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: MEETING A NEW MUSICAL DIRECTOR
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2021, 12:08:21 AM »

And the word of the day is: INDEFATIGABLE!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2021, 12:09:35 AM »

Three different cheeses?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2021, 12:12:47 AM »

Three different cheeses?

Sure!  Why not? ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2021, 12:21:03 AM »

To continue, after enjoying the delicious burgers, we went to McMenamin's in Centralia.  He had a hard cider and I had a diet cola (not Coke or Pepsi brand) with lime.  We got to walk around the historical hotel (which has tours during the week, I guess) and then we left to come back to Olympia.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2021, 12:22:28 AM »

So Angela is It’s a Wonderful Life?
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2021, 12:22:52 AM »

Thank you Tom and George for the kind words

George

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2021, 12:23:18 AM »

Thank you Tom and George for the kind words

You're very welcome, Vixmom!

George

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2021, 12:23:39 AM »

So Angela is It’s a Wonderful Life?

That's exactly what I was thinking.

vixmom

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2021, 12:23:57 AM »

Every time I hear myself say “law” I cringe

George

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2021, 12:26:59 AM »

When David and I got back to Tumwater, he suggested that we go walking in one of the state parks in the area.  That sounded like a fun idea, so we got into his tiny Miata (he's got a pass for state parks) and we went to one.  I don't remember the name of it, but I took some pictures.  Here are a few:

George

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2021, 12:28:33 AM »

That was the lake that the trail goes around.  Here's some kind of flying bug that neither of us had seen before:

George

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2021, 12:30:43 AM »

Yes, it has double wings!  Here's one of the maps of the trail.  I think the longer trail that goes around everything is 1.1 miles.  We did the whole trail:

George

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2021, 12:32:30 AM »

We actually started at the parking lot (of course), but this was the first map that I noticed.  Here's a tree with moss:

George

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2021, 12:34:37 AM »

Here's my friend David behind a dead tree that looks like it got hit with lightning at some point:

George

« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2021, 12:35:47 AM »

Here's what it looks like from the back side where David was standing:

George

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2021, 12:37:34 AM »

And the last picture I'll post is a tree branch that gracefully curved down into the water when the rest of the tree grew straight up:

George

« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2021, 12:40:30 AM »

We had a great time and it was fun to ketchup.  David's birthday is next month, so I gave him his birthday present, which he says he'll wait until then to open it.  Then we hugged goodbye, then he left to go back to Seattle, and I went to my sister's to get my car back. :)

George

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2021, 12:43:59 AM »

Today, the family is getting together at my mom's for lunch and card playing, and then a little later tonight, hopefully my friend Margo and I are going to see the movie, Free Guy, starring Ryan Reynolds.  We had plans to see it last week, but her dog watcher had to cancel at the last minute, and her dog can't be left alone.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2021, 12:50:52 AM »

AngelA isn't much like It's a Wonderful Life - it is its very own thing and very weird but fun.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2021, 02:51:46 AM »

I've been Meadowlarking on YouTube and it is outrageously shocking how many people use my arrangement of the song. No one had EVER done it like we did it - it was my idea and Todd Ellison and I worked it out. Up until our recording the entire song had been done at one quick tempo - in the show and every singer. Period. I'd already recorded it that way, as written, with Liz Callaway so I wanted to do something completely different that would make it stand out. At that point, Judy Kuhn was going to sing it. The idea was to start it slow and go into tempo at the end of the second verse. It was unique and it worked great. Judy dropped out for uninteresting reasons and Susan Egan came in and did it. The opening vamp leading us into the song was MINE. And I remember our darling Jose trying to tell me that's the way it was in the show. Well, no, it wasn't. He sent me the pages of the score and there it was, just as I'd arranged it, sans the opening vamp. But that was NOT the original score, it was some revival done AFTER our album. Obviously, Stephen Schwartz liked it enough to use it for whatever production that was and I guess that's now the way it's done in the show. Would you not think perhaps a little credit should be given? Once? Acknowledgement? Once? And 90% of the versions that are sung on YouTube use our entire arrangement including the opening vamp, which means that someone did a takedown or got hold of our chart. I find it flattering and infuriating at the same time. Nothing to be done about it, but boy is it wrong for someone to just use someone else's arrangement and not give credit. The album credits on The Stephen Schwartz Album are not hard to read.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2021, 04:05:50 AM »

Good morning, all!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2021, 04:07:31 AM »

I did not want to leave my bed this morning. Annabelle and Thatch both came to check on me. Around 6:00 I decided I wouold face the day.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2021, 04:11:58 AM »

Last night I dreamed I was chased around the apartment building by a knife-weilding Frankenstein monster. I eluded him and escaped to the sidewalk. I wore pajamas and I was barefoot as I ran toward Broadway.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 04:15:22 AM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2021, 04:17:40 AM »

When I reached Broadway, I was no longer in Manhattan; I was in Middletown, Ohio, at the corner of Sutphin Street and Central Avenue. I came upon some children playing - two boys and a girl - and the four of us were pursued by the monster around various lawns. I remember that at one point the monster stabbed himself in the belly with the knife and there was a tall tree with a treehouse where we debated climving to safety.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2021, 04:18:58 AM »

Something happened thatr I clearly forget, but the monster ended up becoming friends with the children, and my dream turned into The Monster Squad.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2021, 04:21:22 AM »

DR vixmom, your hair is so long I did not recognize you at first. I think we all hate to hear our own voices - at least I do - but you have a lovely voice with a gentle regional accent.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2021, 04:21:48 AM »

TOD
The Bishop's Wife

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2021, 05:01:43 AM »

Good morning, friends.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2021, 05:01:56 AM »

Happy Labor Day.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up