Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: PROJECT 2 AND THE NEW BOOK IDEA  (Read 3013 times)

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
Re: PROJECT 2 AND THE NEW BOOK IDEA
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2020, 02:22:15 PM »

There's nothing quite like your first meal after you've had to go through that ordeal.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2020, 02:22:38 PM »

I always schedule it for the first appointment of the day, then go out for breakfast afterward.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2020, 02:23:06 PM »

Welcome to three!

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2020, 02:24:44 PM »

I understand that the new season of The Crown is now available. I've also heard good things about The Queen's Gambit (about chess).

KevinH

« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2020, 02:36:39 PM »

Good evening!

KevinH

« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2020, 02:36:54 PM »

Great news from DR Ginny!

KevinH

« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2020, 02:37:11 PM »

Great news from DR JohnG!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2020, 03:00:11 PM »

I always schedule it for the first appointment of the day, then go out for breakfast afterward.

That is what we used to do, at least for Keith.  I still need the first appointment, however, I go home and nap.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2020, 03:14:52 PM »

BK, have you seen any of the other remakes of The 39 Steps?

I saw a locally produced four-person stage version and it was really good and well done.  It was funny, too...but mostly because of the staging with only four people.  The script was written to have only four actors, so it was deliberate.  It had a very successful run.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2020, 03:15:02 PM »

Monday morning greetings!  We received news late last evening that both our son and daughter-in-law tested NEGATIVE!

Thanks for the vibes and color me relieved.

Whew!!  Very good news, Ginny!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2020, 03:15:24 PM »

All is well. No problems detected. Doctor thinks I can wait 10 years before the next colonoscopy.

Thanks for all the vibes.

Whew!!  Very good news, too, John!

George

« Reply #71 on: November 16, 2020, 03:15:33 PM »

There's nothing quite like your first meal after you've had to go through that ordeal.

My friend Margo (who drove me) and I went to Dairy Queen. ;D

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #72 on: November 16, 2020, 03:19:10 PM »

I will have to wait a little for that. i can't start taking my metformin again for another 2 days. So, I have to be careful.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #73 on: November 16, 2020, 03:20:21 PM »

I understand that the new season of The Crown is now available. I've also heard good things about The Queen's Gambit (about chess).

A friend of mine loved it. It stars the woman who was in the new Emma. The one with the period in the title.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #74 on: November 16, 2020, 03:24:47 PM »

I will have to wait a little for that. i can't start taking my metformin again for another 2 days. So, I have to be careful.

They never told me that I had to wait to start mine, again...at least, I don't remember them saying anything about that. :-\

Laura

« Reply #75 on: November 16, 2020, 03:56:01 PM »

For me it's a drive-through trip at Jack-in-the-Box for an Ultimate Cheeseburger.
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

John G.

« Reply #76 on: November 16, 2020, 04:03:42 PM »

They never told me that I had to wait to start mine, again...at least, I don't remember them saying anything about that. :-\

To offer too much information, metformin can cause diarrhea, which can make things worse than or interfere with the prep.
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #77 on: November 16, 2020, 04:08:56 PM »

To offer too much information, metformin can cause diarrhea, which can make things worse than or interfere with the prep.

Ahh.  Thanks for the info.

Jane

« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2020, 04:18:19 PM »

Yes, be careful.

Jane

« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2020, 04:19:19 PM »

That could be a serious problem.

Jane

« Reply #80 on: November 16, 2020, 04:23:56 PM »

A couple of chats ago we found out Freyja had two teeth.  I wasn't happy with them for not texting me immediately.  Everyone looked at me like I was nuts ;D

Yesterday I tried but failed to see her teeth.  I then asked for a photo.

Jane

« Reply #81 on: November 16, 2020, 04:24:08 PM »

Bryan texted me in the afternoon "We're torturing the baby trying to look in her mouth.  Do you really need a photo of her teeth?"  :))   Of course I said no.

Jane

« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2020, 04:24:28 PM »

Kate just sent me a very cute photo, of a happy baby with two bottom teeth showing.  I am now a happy Grammy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2020, 04:25:22 PM »

Picked up stuff, then came home and made bow tie pasta (six ounces) with pink sauce, meat, and onions.  Very good - it may have only been five ounces, actually.  I've been listening to Bernstein/Mahler whilst doing other stuff.  Only one track left to do, which will get done in the morning.  Worked on project two a bit.  I'll do a few more things, then I'll watch something.

John G.

« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2020, 04:53:28 PM »

Kate just sent me a very cute photo, of a happy baby with two bottom teeth showing.  I am now a happy Grammy.

Aw.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2020, 04:56:16 PM »

Watching Herzog's version of Nosferatu the Vampyre, aka the plague version. This movie isn't scary, but it sure is creepy. And brilliant. I haven't seen this in close to 40 years. But there are some images that have stuck with me all this time, images as disturbing and as mournful as those in the original.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2020, 06:03:18 PM »

Watching an early talkie version of Vanity Fair with Myrna Loy as Becky Sharp. It's not half bad, but it isn't half good either.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2020, 06:07:44 PM »

I heard from my cousin on the Isle of Man today.  They don't have any covid there.  Granted it is easier to shut down an island, still if anyone broke the covid rules they went to jail.  Guess what, no one is breaking them. 

The government is also giving a stipend if people need to quarantine, after returning home, in a location different from other household members.  That way not everyone had to quarantine. 

I want to go to the Isle of Man.

Jane

« Reply #88 on: November 16, 2020, 06:08:12 PM »

Watching an early talkie version of Vanity Fair with Myrna Loy as Becky Sharp. It's not half bad, but it isn't half good either.

;D 

John G.

« Reply #89 on: November 16, 2020, 06:11:23 PM »

Let's move on ...
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up