Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: TWO NEW TITLES  (Read 3101 times)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
Re: TWO NEW TITLES
« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2020, 04:03:57 PM »

I am really thrilled that we can still enjoy the old ONE FROM COLUMN A columns. Thanks for finding and posting that link, bk!

I didn't know you "knew" BK back then.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2020, 04:25:24 PM »

Today my personal grocery shopper, Jason, did another TJ's run for me. It just so happens that my favorite little vegan restaurant is right across the street, so I asked him to pick up a take-out order for me, too. Very convenient. Unfortunately, the item I wanted most at TJ's -- and one of the reasons for the run -- was out of stock. But they did have apple pie. Every year about this time I think about pie and I was looking forward to an apple pie. The ones I've bought at Ralph's are terrible, but TJ's are usually good. I have that to look forward to later today.

I could really get used to having someone do my shopping. I do like to shop in-store now and then, but that doesn't need to be weekly. I definitely like this arrangement.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2020, 04:26:34 PM »

Health vibes to all!

TTFN.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2020, 04:30:17 PM »

Jane, you had your own milestone.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2020, 04:31:10 PM »

I didn't know you "knew" BK back then.

Well...  I didn't know it was him.        :D
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #95 on: November 12, 2020, 04:32:29 PM »

102,000...    my goodness!
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2020, 04:42:35 PM »

Today my personal grocery shopper, Jason, did another TJ's run for me. It just so happens that my favorite little vegan restaurant is right across the street, so I asked him to pick up a take-out order for me, too. Very convenient. Unfortunately, the item I wanted most at TJ's -- and one of the reasons for the run -- was out of stock. But they did have apple pie. Every year about this time I think about pie and I was looking forward to an apple pie. The ones I've bought at Ralph's are terrible, but TJ's are usually good. I have that to look forward to later today.

I could really get used to having someone do my shopping. I do like to shop in-store now and then, but that doesn't need to be weekly. I definitely like this arrangement.

I am very glad you found Jason.  He is the kind of personal shopper I would want if I needed one.  While still a bit stressful shopping these days it helps our parking is easy and almost everyone is wearing a mask.  Keith & I split up for the much of the time collecting different items. 

Jane

« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2020, 04:43:14 PM »

I had no clue.

Jane

« Reply #98 on: November 12, 2020, 04:43:33 PM »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: November 12, 2020, 05:16:06 PM »

Got some packages, came home, and ordered from California Pizza Kitchen - just didn't want to cook.  It took a full hour for it to arrive, and when it's like that one knows the deal - the food will be ice cold, which the roasted garlic chicken pizza thing was.  Not only that, but the driver didn't text or ring the bell when she dropped the food at the front door so it sat out there getting even colder for an additional five minutes.  I had to microwave the slices, which makes the food not as good - I ate it and I'm full and have now eaten my 1,080 calories, but I called and got a credit for the meal.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: November 12, 2020, 05:18:36 PM »

Also tried to deposit a check in the ATM at the local bank branch - it had me confirm the amount, then refused to do the deposit, returning the check (last time it ate the check) and giving me a "we couldn't complete the deposit or help with this account" - which of course makes any sane person worry that somehow it's been compromised.  I called the bank and confirmed the account was fine and I got very strong about them about the ATMs at that location and said they had to get someone out there to fix them.  I then deposited the check with a teller and told her the same thing.  I've never had trouble like that in Studio City.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: November 12, 2020, 05:19:31 PM »

Otherwise, I chose one of the three songs I needed to choose and am pondering the other two, but realized I still have one more to choose for another singer who's doing only one song, so I need to think about THAT, too.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: November 12, 2020, 05:19:58 PM »

Listening to the last album in the Entremont box, then I have no idea what's next listening-wise.

John G.

« Reply #103 on: November 12, 2020, 05:21:43 PM »

I got Doctor Sleep from the library the other day and before watching it, I decided to watch The Shining, which I haven't seen since it first came out. So, tonight, I'm starting the journey.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: November 12, 2020, 05:30:24 PM »

When I was a newly turned fourteen-year-old, I saw West Side Story - December of 1961.  Of course, I became obsessed with it seeing it once a week thereafter for about fifteen weeks in a row.  I bought the soundtrack, but also bought anything that said West Side Story - jazz versions, the B'way cast album, and whatever cover albums I could find.  At some point, I came upon a wonderful-looking Warner Bros. album that had been released in 1958.  The top-billed piece was a ballet score to a ballet from the co-director of the West Side Story film, Jerome Robbins.  Called N.Y. Export - Op. Jazz from Ballets USA by Robert Prince.  I had no idea what that was, but I bought it for the companion piece, the symphonic dances from West Side Story, a wonderful performance of that.  I played that album to death.  I've thought about it over the years, but have never heard the main piece again because it's never been on CD.  Then I saw the actual ballet and loved it, then found a not so legal download of the album and got that.  It was mono, which seemed wrong to me, so I searched everywhere online and the hundreds of copies of the album I found were all mono - my memory told me I absolutely had a stereo version because I bought no mono albums at that point, but still the overwhelming proof of mono was staring me in the face over and over again.  I began to think I was just having one of the few misremembering times.  I searched one last time and what I thought was another mono LP was, in fact, a commercially released reel-to-reel tape, which was - in stereo, of course, plain as day.  So, I wasn't crazy after all, but in 1958 Warner Bros. was just starting to do stereo - Auntie Mame being one of those albums and John Paul Jones another.  So, I'm imagining they didn't press that many stereo copies of an album that was never going to be a big seller.  But I got the reel-to-reel and it's on its merry way to me now so I'll have it transferred to WAV files right away.  But I also contacted my licensing guy at Rhino to talk about maybe issuing it on CD if they'd give me a good deal or at least couple it with something else, as it's only forty-two minutes.  I haven't heard back from him, but I can't imagine their keeping any kind of regular hours there and who knows if they're doing any business at all. But it would be a kick to release it on CD.

KevinH

« Reply #105 on: November 12, 2020, 05:54:29 PM »

Good evening!

KevinH

« Reply #106 on: November 12, 2020, 05:56:20 PM »

Glad you're feeling better, DR TCB!

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #107 on: November 12, 2020, 05:57:34 PM »

I hope you can, bk!  That would be swell.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #108 on: November 12, 2020, 05:58:07 PM »

At least I think that's what the kids are saying, these days.

Jane

« Reply #109 on: November 12, 2020, 05:58:14 PM »

Bruce congratulations on your find & vibes you get a good deal.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #110 on: November 12, 2020, 05:58:39 PM »

#nailed it

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #111 on: November 12, 2020, 06:06:45 PM »

THIS JUST IN...

Apparently on Colbert last night, Olivia Coleman (whom you may know from Broadchurch) taught the talk show host how to say "yes" like Queen Elizabeth, whom she will be portraying in the new season of The Crown. This is how her dialect coach taught her: say the word spelled E-A-R-S, not hitting the "R" too much.

Try it!      :)

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #112 on: November 12, 2020, 06:15:58 PM »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #113 on: November 12, 2020, 06:38:44 PM »

Good catch, John! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #114 on: November 12, 2020, 06:38:56 PM »

When I was a newly turned fourteen-year-old, I saw West Side Story - December of 1961.  Of course, I became obsessed with it seeing it once a week thereafter for about fifteen weeks in a row.  I bought the soundtrack, but also bought anything that said West Side Story - jazz versions, the B'way cast album, and whatever cover albums I could find.  At some point, I came upon a wonderful-looking Warner Bros. album that had been released in 1958.  The top-billed piece was a ballet score to a ballet from the co-director of the West Side Story film, Jerome Robbins.  Called N.Y. Export - Op. Jazz from Ballets USA by Robert Prince.  I had no idea what that was, but I bought it for the companion piece, the symphonic dances from West Side Story, a wonderful performance of that.  I played that album to death.  I've thought about it over the years, but have never heard the main piece again because it's never been on CD.  Then I saw the actual ballet and loved it, then found a not so legal download of the album and got that.  It was mono, which seemed wrong to me, so I searched everywhere online and the hundreds of copies of the album I found were all mono - my memory told me I absolutely had a stereo version because I bought no mono albums at that point, but still the overwhelming proof of mono was staring me in the face over and over again.  I began to think I was just having one of the few misremembering times.  I searched one last time and what I thought was another mono LP was, in fact, a commercially released reel-to-reel tape, which was - in stereo, of course, plain as day.  So, I wasn't crazy after all, but in 1958 Warner Bros. was just starting to do stereo - Auntie Mame being one of those albums and John Paul Jones another.  So, I'm imagining they didn't press that many stereo copies of an album that was never going to be a big seller.  But I got the reel-to-reel and it's on its merry way to me now so I'll have it transferred to WAV files right away.  But I also contacted my licensing guy at Rhino to talk about maybe issuing it on CD if they'd give me a good deal or at least couple it with something else, as it's only forty-two minutes.  I haven't heard back from him, but I can't imagine their keeping any kind of regular hours there and who knows if they're doing any business at all. But it would be a kick to release it on CD.

Wow!  That would be cool!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #115 on: November 12, 2020, 06:43:30 PM »

George

« Reply #116 on: November 12, 2020, 06:44:24 PM »

John G.

« Reply #117 on: November 12, 2020, 06:47:32 PM »

Wow!  That would be cool!

Yes, it would.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #118 on: November 12, 2020, 06:48:37 PM »

Singdaw, that's my kind of cake decorating. Perhaps it's why I like making pies so much.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #119 on: November 12, 2020, 06:49:42 PM »

Onward ...
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up