Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BARBER CHAIR  (Read 6140 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: THE BARBER CHAIR
« Reply #120 on: November 07, 2020, 05:03:43 PM »

Page 5
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #121 on: November 07, 2020, 05:07:15 PM »

Today, my sister and I are going to our mom's for the afternoon.  My sister also wants me to come over afterward (or maybe tomorrow) to help with the new tarp that we put over the chicken coop last week...it's a bit loose, so we have to some how tighten it down.  Hopefully, that won't be too much trouble.

I'm home.  We had lunch at my mom's and didn't play Phase 10.  I bought a frame for my dad's flag (actually, two...the first one was a bit too small) and we put it on top of my mom's hutch:
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #122 on: November 07, 2020, 05:07:49 PM »

Here's a close-up:
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #123 on: November 07, 2020, 05:08:52 PM »

And the bowl on the left is what my mom got when she retired from the hospital.  It's signed by all her co-workers!

George

« Reply #124 on: November 07, 2020, 05:10:09 PM »

After my mom's, we went back to my sister's but we didn't tighten the tarp.  It was too wet and cold, but tomorrow is supposed to be nicer, so I'll go over then to help do it.

George

« Reply #125 on: November 07, 2020, 05:10:17 PM »

The Tightening of the Tarp will be the title of my next...   oh, nevermind.      :)

:))

George

« Reply #126 on: November 07, 2020, 05:10:35 PM »

So, anything happen while I was gone? :-\

;)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #127 on: November 07, 2020, 05:14:52 PM »

I reaally like Jake Tapper, but he can be such an old lady spinster.  Every time they show one of the demonstrations celebrating the election, he has to take note that most of the people are wearing masks, but then tsk tsk s, that no one is social distancing.  As if these people could hear him chastise them.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #128 on: November 07, 2020, 05:14:55 PM »

LOL.  I am sorry Mr. Bernard lost.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #129 on: November 07, 2020, 05:18:01 PM »

I was going to call him a librarian, but I thought better of that term.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #130 on: November 07, 2020, 05:18:36 PM »

LOL.  I am sorry Mr. Bernard lost.

Me too.  He is such a saint.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #131 on: November 07, 2020, 05:19:47 PM »

Joe Biden and Kamala Harris have won.  There is actual cheering in the streets around my apartment.  I am so happy.  Trump's Reign of Terror is over.  Our wannabe Hitler is dead, may he rot in hell.

HOO AND RAY!!

George

« Reply #132 on: November 07, 2020, 05:20:31 PM »

My mom, sister and I were watching MSNBC and talking about this while we were together today. :D

George

« Reply #133 on: November 07, 2020, 05:20:57 PM »

Governor Inslee's plitical rival is concerned about suspected fraud? What evidence has he that there was fraud, or is he, like the Fat Orange Slug, lying out of both faces?

Evidence??  Absolutely none...he's a Trump fan and following the Trump playbook.  That's all that he cares about. ::)

Jane

« Reply #134 on: November 07, 2020, 05:21:21 PM »

Today, my sister and I are going to our mom's for the afternoon.  My sister also wants me to come over afterward (or maybe tomorrow) to help with the new tarp that we put over the chicken coop last week...it's a bit loose, so we have to some how tighten it down.  Hopefully, that won't be too much trouble.

I'm home.  We had lunch at my mom's and didn't play Phase 10.  I bought a frame for my dad's flag (actually, two...the first one was a bit too small) and we put it on top of my mom's hutch:

I like the frame.  We just have the flag for Keith's father sitting on a shelf.  I never thought about a frame for it.

Jane

« Reply #135 on: November 07, 2020, 05:21:45 PM »

Here's a close-up:

Very nice.  How thick is it?

Jane

« Reply #136 on: November 07, 2020, 05:22:11 PM »

And the bowl on the left is what my mom got when she retired from the hospital.  It's signed by all her co-workers!

What a thoughtful gift.

George

« Reply #137 on: November 07, 2020, 05:24:43 PM »

I'm surprised that no one's accused the Fat Orange Slug of crying wolf once too often.  His claims of calling the election a fraud began ages ago in his public masturba rallies - if I win, it's legit and if I lose, there's fraud going on - so I'm surprised by none of the crap he's pulling now.

And, of course, if there were Democrat fraud, how did Moscow McConnell and Prissy Missy Graham get re-elected?

I think I'd heard that Mitt Romney is the only one to congratulate Biden on his win.

George

« Reply #138 on: November 07, 2020, 05:24:51 PM »

On Wednesday, I not only signed a contract for a production of my ORSON WELLES play to be done next year, but I also got a nice royalty check from my publisher.

And yesterday, I got a residual check from the WGA.

Good week.

Congrats, Druxy!

George

« Reply #139 on: November 07, 2020, 05:25:00 PM »

I am appalled that DR GEORGE is making those poor chickens wait a whole day before he tightens their tarp......they are probably all nervous wrecks.

My niece, the caretaker of the chickens, actually was the one to suggest that we tighten the tarp tomorrow, so blame Hilary! ;D

George

« Reply #140 on: November 07, 2020, 05:25:13 PM »

When we walk in the neighborhood we usually see a couple that live a few buildings down from us.  We have never discussed politics with them.  This morning she said "It is a good day", Keith responded with "Yes it is", and then we all gave thumps up.  Now we are happy to know their views :)

Cool!

Jane

« Reply #141 on: November 07, 2020, 05:26:13 PM »

I reaally like Jake Tapper, but he can be such an old lady spinster.  Every time they show one of the demonstrations celebrating the election, he has to take note that most of the people are wearing masks, but then tsk tsk s, that no one is social distancing.  As if these people could hear him chastise them.

I make comments regarding masks & social distancing all the the time and no one hears me ;D

George

« Reply #142 on: November 07, 2020, 05:26:38 PM »

We have wild horses at the river. I saw a band of them yesterday when I was driving up north.

That's so cool, Laura!

Jane

« Reply #143 on: November 07, 2020, 05:27:15 PM »

George

« Reply #144 on: November 07, 2020, 05:29:30 PM »

Vice-President-Elect Kamala Harris is giving a speech now!

Jane

« Reply #145 on: November 07, 2020, 05:29:31 PM »

I'm surprised that no one's accused the Fat Orange Slug of crying wolf once too often.  His claims of calling the election a fraud began ages ago in his public masturba rallies - if I win, it's legit and if I lose, there's fraud going on - so I'm surprised by none of the crap he's pulling now.

And, of course, if there were Democrat fraud, how did Moscow McConnell and Prissy Missy Graham get re-elected?

I think I'd heard that Mitt Romney is the only one to congratulate Biden on his win.

In a very nice statement. 

Jane

« Reply #146 on: November 07, 2020, 05:29:57 PM »

I am appalled that DR GEORGE is making those poor chickens wait a whole day before he tightens their tarp......they are probably all nervous wrecks.

My niece, the caretaker of the chickens, actually was the one to suggest that we tighten the tarp tomorrow, so blame Hilary! ;D

;D

Jane

« Reply #147 on: November 07, 2020, 05:33:55 PM »

When we walk in the neighborhood we usually see a couple that live a few buildings down from us.  We have never discussed politics with them.  This morning she said "It is a good day", Keith responded with "Yes it is", and then we all gave thumps up.  Now we are happy to know their views :)

Cool!

Another neighbor sent us a text, which included a 3rd neighbor, with a photo of her NY son in-law and Biden.  I can only confirm that one other couple in this building are Biden fans.  Sometimes it is safer to stay away from politics with your neighbors.

George

« Reply #148 on: November 07, 2020, 05:39:52 PM »

Joe Biden is speaking!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: November 07, 2020, 05:44:09 PM »

Listening to music - the Barber piano concerto - one of the great ones.  Of course, this performance, which is okay, doesn't come near Szell/Browning but it's not bad.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up