Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: CUT TO THE CHASE  (Read 20221 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:CUT TO THE CHASE
« Reply #210 on: March 12, 2005, 06:59:45 PM »

JMK that sounds very nice.  Would stairs be a problem if it is above a garage?

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #211 on: March 12, 2005, 07:14:41 PM »

LOL Department for Jed, Jose and the other musically inclined here:  The kids are reading The Unauthorized Autobiography of Lemony Snicket and just showed me a(n) hilarious song included.  The first funny thing is that the song is attributed to the "Scriabin Institute for Accuracy in Music."  The second funny thing is that the music is "Row, row, row your boat" but the lyric contains multi-syllabic words under each single note.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 07:15:58 PM by JMK »
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #212 on: March 12, 2005, 07:15:13 PM »

JMK that sounds very nice.  Would stairs be a problem if it is above a garage?

No, we'll be bringing our catapult.   :o

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #213 on: March 12, 2005, 07:17:45 PM »

JMK that sounds like fun.

Goodnight.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #214 on: March 12, 2005, 07:28:01 PM »

DR Jed, I think you are correct about where Rodzinski was sitting...that is the one I thought was him also, but as the cameras always seemed to focus on those tall people with the orange balls, I never could tell for sure.

Hmmm, medical condition?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #215 on: March 12, 2005, 07:32:06 PM »

Jand and JMK, it is so nice to be online at the same time as you for a change.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Kerry

« Reply #216 on: March 12, 2005, 07:34:46 PM »

I had a BURGER yesterday.  This place has really good home made fries, and the burgers have been good, but they finally got it all right yesterday.  I like my meant well-done (Hear that, TCB?)  and it was finally well done enough.

My favorite farce is life, I think.
I like boat races.

Jed

« Reply #217 on: March 12, 2005, 07:35:23 PM »

Hmmm, medical condition?

Knew you'd come through for us, Tom.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Kerry

« Reply #218 on: March 12, 2005, 07:36:51 PM »

I've got to go take Sugar for our daily/nightly stroll (or does she take me for a stroll).  It's lovely right now-- cool, and the smell of orange blossoms everywhere.  There is also that wonderful smell of "green" all around.
I like boat races.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #219 on: March 12, 2005, 08:02:34 PM »

THE INCREDIBLES comes out on DVD next week.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #220 on: March 12, 2005, 08:07:46 PM »

Well, I was exceedingly disappointed in the DVD of LIBELED LADY. Warners has done no clean-up on it at all, and it is a mass of scratches, dirt, and speckles. Was this the best element they could find? I guess I shouldn't let black and white DVD editions of films like THE GREAT ZIEGFELD or YANKEE DOODLE DANDY get me spoiled. Warners does fabulous work on their real gems, while the second tier titles like this one (and STAGE FRIGHT from the Hitchcock box) receive next to nothing in the way of restoration.

I'm glad to have it, but it makes me a little nervous to watch the other "non-special editions" from that box - STAGE DOOR, DINNER AT EIGHT, and TO BE OR NOT TO BE. I'm hoping they look better than this film does.

Matt H.

« Reply #221 on: March 12, 2005, 08:11:01 PM »

Guess I'll call it a night as well. Tomorrow is another day. (a GWTW reference).

JMK

« Reply #222 on: March 12, 2005, 08:15:43 PM »

Dinner at Eight looks good to me so far (about a half hour in), but I am not the videophile a lot of you evidently are.  I wouldn't know gray scale from a C major scale.  Remember, no groaning allowed....

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #223 on: March 12, 2005, 09:01:41 PM »

From what I understand, the negative to Libeled Lady is long gone.  So, they're going from prints and dupe material.  It's similar to a couple of the Marx Bros. titles in the Universal set, and similar to a few Columbia titles where negatives are lost or damaged beyond repair.

Michael

« Reply #224 on: March 12, 2005, 09:13:37 PM »

BK will you allow photos to be taken during your reading at the Drama Book Shop?

Also are they doing any publicity for you?
Never stop dreaming.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #225 on: March 12, 2005, 09:17:36 PM »

Good Evening!

Lovely rehearsal today.  We managed to get two run-throughs in this afternoon.  I'm off tomorrow while Penny goes to fetch some props and furniture and propes.  And I'll also be off Monday while they load in the set and other stuff.  I'll probably stop by to help for a bit - and just to make sure I know where the theatre is too!  That would be a good thing.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #226 on: March 12, 2005, 09:20:45 PM »

Jordan Almonds - YUM!!!!  If I see them on the shelf at the store, I usually end up buying a package.  I think I was about nine or ten when I first tried them.  And kept on trying them.  And so on, and so on...

I know the coating doesn't really make a difference, but I prefer the pastel colors to the plain white ones.  Purple is my favorite flavor.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Michael

« Reply #227 on: March 12, 2005, 09:22:13 PM »

Anyone see the documentary about Moon Over Buffallo (Moon Over Broadway) where the director and the playwright have unkind things to say about Carol Burnett. I think the major thing wrong with the play was not CB, but the play itself. I think his ego didn't allow him to see the play wasn't that good. This was his third show (I think) after the new book for Crazy For You and Lend Me a Tenor
Never stop dreaming.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #228 on: March 12, 2005, 09:23:48 PM »

Burgers...

Alas, no burger today, but there a few 24-hour places around the corner, so...

As for stuffed hamburgers... with bleu cheese!  YUM!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #229 on: March 12, 2005, 09:24:31 PM »

OK - back in a bit.. need to free up the phone line...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #230 on: March 12, 2005, 10:07:15 PM »

Yes, photos can be taken.  It's proving very difficult to get a sexy man to sing at the signing.  I've offered it to three sexy men, and unfortunately all three are busy during those two hours - in rehearsal, or out of town.  I'm still trying, though.

Nobody here but us chickens.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #231 on: March 12, 2005, 11:03:09 PM »

You could simply get a not-so-sexy man and ask the audience to close their eyes and use their imaginations.  

:-\
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #232 on: March 12, 2005, 11:04:56 PM »

One of the local PBS stations just finished a pledge drive showing of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.  I'd forgotten how wonderfully goofy that show was.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #233 on: March 12, 2005, 11:11:13 PM »

There's trouble in our house.  Fletcher has taken quite a shine to Peggy.  Bonnie is quite jealous, because Fletcher has been her boyfriend, and she is feeling jilted.

Meanwhile, the pups have taken up wrestling underneath der Brucer's bed.  It is now two o'clock in the morning, and they are making a happy racket.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #234 on: March 12, 2005, 11:12:15 PM »

I'm back...

And now I must leave again.  I'm meeting a friend tomorrow for brunch somewhere down in Chelsea.  OH!!... Maybe we can head east a couple of blocks and hit the Donut Plant!!!  -I'll have to check if the Donut Plant is open on Sundays.  Or we may just end up sampling foods from the various vendors in Chelsea Market.

We shall see...
Make Your Own Luck.

Joey

• Always and forever.
    • My Website
« Reply #235 on: March 12, 2005, 11:15:11 PM »

Just a quick goodnight before I go to bed. I ended up heading back up to school early and I watched Fargo with one of my roomates and another friend. The thing I like most about that movie is that I have family in Minnesota and even though some of it is over the top some of the things in that movie are so true it's funny. The first time I saw it I didn't like it at all, but I think I liked it better upon second viewing. I'd be interested to see what others think about it because I am having trouble deciding exactly what I think about the movie.

My roomate and I then decided it was time to go grocery shopping at about 12:30 and we didn't get back until about 2:00. Crazy college kids! ;)

Hope everyone has the most pleasant of dreams! ;D
« Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 11:15:26 PM by Joey »
There is no music without silence, only noise...

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #236 on: March 12, 2005, 11:18:22 PM »

...And I did sit in the pit tonight for MAMMA MIA!  What a tight space it is there in the Winter Garden - at least compared to the touring houses when/where I've filled in for MAMMA MIA! on the road.  I was able to hear the cast, but not able to see the cast on stage since the pit is under the front lip of the stage.  The three newish leading ladies sound pretty good - Carolee Carmello in particular.

It was interesting noting some of the differences between the tour and the Broadway version of the show - both on stage and in the pit.  However, about 99% of the music is that same which made observing the keyboard book observable.  Good bunch of people down there too.

There was only one passage I wasn't sure about - just couldn't hear how it fit in with the mix - but after tonight, all my questions were answered.  Now I just have to practice it a few times over the next two weeks, and then just dive in once I get to Memphis.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #237 on: March 12, 2005, 11:21:33 PM »

...And to all, a Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #238 on: March 12, 2005, 11:36:05 PM »

CORPULENT!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #239 on: March 12, 2005, 11:45:17 PM »

One of the local PBS stations just finished a pledge drive showing of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.  I'd forgotten how wonderfully goofy that show was.

I love this show...but I am interested in seeing the new feature film that's going to be released in a couple of months. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up