Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: RECORDING PART ONE OF GEE  (Read 3790 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: RECORDING PART ONE OF GEE
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2019, 09:19:17 AM »

Three!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2019, 09:48:42 AM »

DR Elmore, I don't know how soon you'd be thinking of getting that done, but here are some best vibes right now for a smooth polyp removal procedure!

I made my follow up appointment for this Thursday.  I'll learn more then.  She said it would be a local procedure, like a colonoscopy.  I'll be unconscious, then go home when it's over.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2019, 10:15:36 AM »

I shall now be on my way to bank, and then to record part two of GEE.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2019, 12:21:21 PM »

DR Elmore, I don't know how soon you'd be thinking of getting that done, but here are some best vibes right now for a smooth polyp removal procedure!

I made my follow up appointment for this Thursday.  I'll learn more then.  She said it would be a local procedure, like a colonoscopy.  I'll be unconscious, then go home when it's over.

That sounds like an outpatient surgery center either located in a hospital or a private center. 

FJL

« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2019, 02:13:26 PM »

Reading all this and that about Barry Manilow (who's doing a show at the Lunt Fontanne soon) having to conceal that he was gay all the years.  Was he ever considered a sex symbol, as opposed to just a really good performer and writer?  I know I've seen him live onstage a few times, and I don't recall women throwing their panties like at Tom Jones or Engelbert Humperdinck, but it sounds like they must have. 

FJL

« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2019, 02:15:02 PM »

Maybe someone knows - when women threw their panties at concerts, did they arrive with panties ready for throwing, or did they take off the ones they were wearing?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #66 on: July 16, 2019, 02:26:56 PM »

Maybe someone knows - when women threw their panties at concerts, did they arrive with panties ready for throwing, or did they take off the ones they were wearing?

:o

HOPEFULLY, they were unworn. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #67 on: July 16, 2019, 02:31:49 PM »

I hope it is the first scenario.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2019, 04:05:49 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2019, 04:13:48 PM »

I spent the morning making phone calls regarding the little surgery I'll be having done next month. Isn't it interesting how what you think will be one brief phone call turns into four calls over two hours? But I'm making progress. I learned that a part of it that I was told isn't covered by insurance probably will be covered. I was also trying to determine how much downtime to expect.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: July 16, 2019, 04:15:54 PM »

Thank you for the CBD report, TCB. I'm pleased to hear it's helping.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2019, 04:17:43 PM »

Where did you get it? I bought mine from the kosher acupuncturist, who's allowed by law to dispense such items, so no prescription was needed. Did you have to get a prescription or can you just buy it? Do you have marijuana stores like we have here?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2019, 04:19:21 PM »

Where did you get it? I bought mine from the kosher acupuncturist, who's allowed by law to dispense such items, so no prescription was needed. Did you have to get a prescription or can you just buy it? Do you have marijuana stores like we have here?

Yes, Jeanne, here in Washington, there are marijuana stores all over the place. 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2019, 04:24:52 PM »

When I first returned to California after living in conservative Virginia for twenty years I noticed a store in West Hollywood advertising herbal remedies. I went in to shop for Chinese herbs. I was surprised to see a bouncer at the door, but didn't think much of it. But the bouncers at the counters definitely got my attention. All this for Chinese herbs? Then, of course, I realized: medical marijuana! Welcome to California! The team of bouncers got a huge laugh out of my mistake.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2019, 04:26:25 PM »

Yes, Jeanne, here in Washington, there are marijuana stores all over the place. 

Thank you, George. So no prescription needed?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2019, 04:28:26 PM »

I think you can buy a lot of cannabis products online, also without a prescription.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2019, 04:29:06 PM »

I imagine they came prepared.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2019, 04:29:31 PM »

Vibes for John G's friend Hillary.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2019, 04:29:59 PM »

Vibes for Vixdad's vehicle.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2019, 04:34:39 PM »

From John G last night:
Listening to the Corigliano Symphony No. 1. It's very modern, and J.B. is raising a ruckus. He squawks every time the violin gets edgy. It's a lot of noise.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Perhaps JB needs a pair of tiny earplugs.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2019, 04:41:23 PM by Jeanne »

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2019, 04:40:41 PM »

Again from John G last night:
I got involved in a romance novel called Pride, Prejudice and Other Flavors, a Bollywood gender-swap take on Austen that's actually a lot of fun. Who cares if it's not original. She's a gorgeous neurosurgeon specializing in impossible to remove brain tumors. He's a chef with a perfect butt and a way with caramel. I wonder how it's all going to end up.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some years ago I took a screenwriting class with two romance novelists. We were chatting about the publishing business and one told me of a publisher she uses. The publisher's guidelines were a hoot--everyone, of course, is extremely good-looking, rich, intelligent, etc. Sorry, I can't write that stuff. I'm not that hungry. My classmate summed it up nicely when she said, "The men we write about don't exist." Perhaps the women don't, either.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: July 16, 2019, 04:45:42 PM »

condolences to Druxy.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: July 16, 2019, 04:49:22 PM »

I am happy to announce that DR VIXMOM and DR JOHN G will play Rosemary and Howard in my upcoming production of PICNIC. 

I will have them record their performances and the other actors will play to them - they will be represented thusly:

I'm glad to see that Jrand is thinking outside the box. Given budgetary restraints and such, we must look for creative solutions. And what would that nasty old director think of this?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: July 16, 2019, 04:53:22 PM »

I am intrigued by TCB's MARY POPPINS FIGHTS BACK idea. MP as the ultimate fixer? MP taking on London politics? Brexit?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: July 16, 2019, 04:56:01 PM »

I seem to have chased everyone away.

Well, I need to away myself.

TTFN.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2019, 05:21:38 PM »

Manilow has always had completely delusional middle-aged women in love with him and I'm sure that's a major part of it - just like Liberace.  I mean, really, how hard is this stuff to figure out?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: July 16, 2019, 05:23:50 PM »

Back from a grueling but fun four-hour  session and we finished.  I had to stop more in the last twenty pages because we had to get those exactly right, tone-wise and character-wise, whereas earlier I wasn't being so nitpicky and that was especially so for the final three pages.  But she did great and I think for people who like audiobooks they'll enjoy her reading. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2019, 05:25:00 PM »

They're not gonna edit today's stuff until tomorrow, so I'll probably pick it up on Thursday.  After, I went to the mail place and picked up a package and then to Gelson's for enchiladas.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: July 16, 2019, 05:26:20 PM »

I'm exhausted and doing the book's final twenty pages was hugely emotional for me.  Our engineer was very invested, loved where the story went, and was laughing a lot. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: July 16, 2019, 05:27:15 PM »

I read with some pleasure that Jack Viertel has stepped down from Encores.  I'd actually like to know the real story, because the press release reeks of everyone playing nice and probably abiding by some agreement.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up