Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: ROMANCE ON THE HIGH C'S  (Read 19242 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re:ROMANCE ON THE HIGH C'S
« Reply #90 on: February 13, 2005, 03:34:44 PM »

and so does your friend!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #91 on: February 13, 2005, 03:38:06 PM »

Dr MBarnum...you look good in rubber!!

My thoughts exactly! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: February 13, 2005, 03:39:05 PM »

I happen to know that elmore looks really good in rubber.

George

« Reply #93 on: February 13, 2005, 03:39:40 PM »

So, Topic for Discussion...

What are some of your memorable and/or infamous culinary mishaps?

One of my most infamous culinary mishaps was when I was trying to cook spaghetti the night before a fund-raiser spaghetti feed and firstly, putting too much spaghetti in the pot at one time, and secondly, having the heat turned up so high that not only did the spaghetti burn and stick to the bottom of the supposedly "no-stick" teflon-coated pan, that the enamel on the outside of the pan melted onto the heating element.  I not only had to throw out all the spaghetti (fortunately, I had extra), but I had to throw out the damn pot!  And it was a good pot that my sister had given me. ::)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2005, 03:40:53 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

vixmom

« Reply #94 on: February 13, 2005, 03:40:03 PM »

DH bought me a gazebo for Valentines Day.  We went to Home Depot yeterday to pick it up and as he tried to move the box  (its a DIY gazebo kit) his right  arm went "pop "and he let out a yell, apparently he wrenched all the ligaments in his right arm.

So he is feeling miserable and sore....

vixmom

« Reply #95 on: February 13, 2005, 03:40:41 PM »

do tell!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: February 13, 2005, 03:40:52 PM »

Apparently electricity is out in part of Studio City.  Thank goodness and knock wood it's not in my neighborhood.  They say it will be fixed in a couple of hours.

For me, the shocking thing is that with the billions of dollars that we pay to the DWP that they cannot deal with this sort of thing in a timely way.  They don't have a backup generator?  I mean,  it's really something, the ineptitude of the way things are done.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: February 13, 2005, 03:41:46 PM »

Was he inspired to buy you the gazebo because it was a word of the day here not so long ago?

vixmom

« Reply #98 on: February 13, 2005, 03:48:26 PM »

Dh tells a story from his university days of a dorm mates culinary disaster that was actually his pratical joke,  They had a common kitchen on the dorm floor and one of the other students was a having two friends over for macaroni & cheese,  She made the mistake of asking DH how much elbow macaroni she should put in and he replied that she should use the entire 1 lb box, and offered to look after the boiling pot whie she went to take care of setting up the room, of course being the evil prankster that he is, immediately she left the room he ran to all the other students and scrounged every last box of elbow macaroni on the floor and proceeded to add them to her boiling pot

she came back to find the pot was overflowing and immediately decanted into  a larger pot and then , more fool she, left the kitchen again so DH could resume adding macaroni...this continued until she had managed to fill every single pot in the place with cooked macaroni...she was amazed that 1 lb had swollen to such gigantic proportions!

vixmom

« Reply #99 on: February 13, 2005, 03:50:12 PM »

Was he inspired to buy you the gazebo because it was a word of the day here not so long ago?
Alas no.  However I have been hinting  (for the past two or three decades) that one might look nice on the side lawn

vixmom

« Reply #100 on: February 13, 2005, 03:52:12 PM »

Well I have not read ANY of the Saturday posts, have only just finished Friday's and I am being urged by the family to go join them...last night we had a rousing gamne of LOTR Risk...tonigh Scrabble perhaps?

See you tomorrowy!!

vixmom

« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2005, 03:55:03 PM »

Oh, bk, I am working on reviews of the Kritzer books and Writer's Block to add to the Amazon site.

I am trying to make sure that everything is correctly typed, correctly spelled and grammatical befoer I post so I don't sound as sloppy as I am here, but here all sloppiness is forgiven in the spirit of family , isn't it?

vixmom

« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2005, 03:55:47 PM »

BOMBASTIC!!!!!

There, I said it and I'm gald!

vixmom

« Reply #103 on: February 13, 2005, 03:56:05 PM »

uh,... glad

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: February 13, 2005, 03:57:14 PM »

I do?  Like what, the Hindenberg?  Have I forgotten something really embarassing?

I'm back from a 7 hour editing session on BABES IN TOYLAND,  and I have two more days of this madness with my copyist before he returns to Chicago on Tuesday night!
My head is shpinning, as the late great Lotte Lenya says in CABARET.

DRRodzinski, some films I'd like to see on DVD:
THE INNOCENTS (Deborah Kerr)
THE UNINVITED
OH, WHAT A LOVELY WAR!
CARNIVAL IN FLANDERS (with an unexpurgated set of subtitles)
TALES OF HOFFMANN (Michael Powell)

I know there are more, but I can't get my mind to work.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #105 on: February 13, 2005, 03:59:53 PM »

Dh tells a story from his university days of a dorm mates culinary disaster that was actually his pratical joke,  They had a common kitchen on the dorm floor and one of the other students was a having two friends over for macaroni & cheese....

I had some friends from college who also wanted to make macaroni and cheese, not as a practical joke, but for themselves.  They had the Kraft box, but they didn't have any butter, so they used vegetable oil instead.  That sort of made sense.  But then they also didn't have any milk, so they used mayonnaise! :o They figured milk is white...mayo is white...should be a good substitute.  NOT!!  I think one of them actually tried it and realized the error of their ways and dumped it.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #106 on: February 13, 2005, 04:25:56 PM »

DR MBARNUM your trips to the gym have paid off!

Hmmmmmm.....DR RODZNISKI....a couple of Carroll baker movies including HARLOW and THE MIRACLE would be welcome by me.  Of course an "official" release of ATTACK OF THE 50 FOOT WOMAN with some nice extras would be at the TOP of my list.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: February 13, 2005, 04:34:08 PM »

I have Tales of Hoffman on a Japanese DVD - it's lovely.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #108 on: February 13, 2005, 04:39:14 PM »

LOL vixmom - Ricky and Fred did rice that way once!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #109 on: February 13, 2005, 04:55:49 PM »

MBarnum, very nice photos and fun to see George.  At first glance it appears you are wearing a cape, making you look a bit like a super hero.

Next time we go to Portland we shall have to swing by George’s cottage.   :)

Ginny

« Reply #110 on: February 13, 2005, 05:11:28 PM »

Advance to the Rear-MGM Civil War hijinks with Glenn Ford, Stella Stevens and a soundtrack by the New Christy Minstrels

DR Rodzinski - This soundtrack is one of my favorite albums and I, too, wish the movie would be released on DVD.  Do you think that, now that there are 2 of us who'd like to see it, MGM would comply?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #111 on: February 13, 2005, 05:13:32 PM »

Jose, too often I have quickly pulled something out of the oven in order to add a missing ingredient.  So far the end results were okay.   Serving possible disasters can be interesting.  It can also be difficult to know if people are too polite to be honest the food is lousy, or I’m way too fussy.  I will sit there and refuse to eat the food and everyone else says it’s good and finishes theirs, everyone but my family who know better.

Vixmom it is substituting the wrong ingredient that really gets one into trouble. ;D

Sandra your kitchen disaster has me ROTFLOL.

There was the four layer cake I frosted after having too many drinks.  All was fine at first.  The cake was sitting on the table while we ate dinner.   To my horror it began to slowly topple over, a bit like the Leaning Tower of Pisa.  All was well ‘cause it still tasted great and we have never been so entertained by a cake.

Jane

« Reply #112 on: February 13, 2005, 05:19:37 PM »

To the very romantic DH of DR Vixmom, FAST HEALING VIBES for your arm.

Kerry

« Reply #113 on: February 13, 2005, 05:57:18 PM »

I was driving my car today, and I thought I was alone, but Guy Haines joined me and started singing "Evening Star."  I was the n joined my Liz Callaway who sang "Where Do I Go From Here?".
I like boat races.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #114 on: February 13, 2005, 06:06:30 PM »

I took a break from my paper about five hours ago and I still haven't gotten back to it.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Danise

« Reply #115 on: February 13, 2005, 06:12:40 PM »

Evening all!  Today has been a very long day.  When I play on Saturday, it backs up what I have to do till Sunday.  

I am very tired but wanted to pop by and say:

DR Ben, I don’t find you long winded at all.  I enjoy everything you tell me because I learn from it.  

Thanks for the offer of checking my elbow, DR Jose.  I may need it. I have no idea what I will be like on skates.  I know you need strong ankles but I don’t know if I do or not.  I walk fine.  High heels kill me.  A connection?  I have no idea.  

While I was out and about today, I picked up San Disk Wi-Fi  SD Card for my Pocket PC.  I hope I can get it to work so I can use it on the trip and for the “hot spots” in downtown Tampa.  It would be nice to be able to check my e-mail (if nothing else).  I’m to tired to really mess with it tonight so I will let you know more when I do.  

Austin Miller played Link in the  Hairspray I saw.  I don’t know if that is the person you were asking about.

MBarnum, huba, huba and that's all I'm going to say!   ;) :D

Healing vibes to DH of DR Vixmom!

Well, I have a ton of things to do before I can go to bed.  Have a good evening all!

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

MBarnum

« Reply #116 on: February 13, 2005, 06:38:46 PM »

Yes, if only Ross' Dress for Less more rubber clothing! LOL!

Maybe a rubber girdle!

DR Rodzinskin, I am perplexed that more of the Universal 1950s horror and sci-fi films have not come out on dvd...in fact I would like to see the 50s Universal westerns and soapers on DVD! There is quite a market out there for them if they only knew!

And I would like to see a QUEEN OF OUTER SPACE DVD as well...Laurie (Queen Yllana) Mitchell has even offered to do a commentary!!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #117 on: February 13, 2005, 06:42:01 PM »

DR Rodzinski - This soundtrack is one of my favorite albums and I, too, wish the movie would be released on DVD.  Do you think that, now that there are 2 of us who'd like to see it, MGM would comply?

Yes, if all two of us write, say, a thousand letters each, they may consider it!
That is a great album, no? All music written by Randy Sparks of the NCM's, and I'd love to know what actually got used in the film. For the curious, the New Christy Minstrels LP is also known as "Today" because that was the hit song, but the entire LP is the soundtrack to said film. It is available on CD,  coupled with another of the LPs.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #118 on: February 13, 2005, 06:43:46 PM »

I have just returned from a six-hour board meeting.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #119 on: February 13, 2005, 06:45:49 PM »

My largest cooking disaster was noted on here a week ago as our attempt to replicate Shakey's Mojo Potatoes went awry and had the apt. reeking of burnt oil for weeks.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up