Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: DIAL 'M' FOR MUSICAL  (Read 7559 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: DIAL 'M' FOR MUSICAL
« Reply #90 on: May 18, 2017, 11:06:39 AM »

PAGE FOUR DANCE!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #91 on: May 18, 2017, 11:06:57 AM »

My doctor agrees I should take my Prozac at night.  And so, last night I did.

I had one of my best sleeps ever (in recent years, that is).  I stayed up until 10 p.m. hoping I wouldn't wake up too early.  As it turns out, I was rather awake by 4:30 a.m, but still managed to drift off for an extra hour.

That's great, Ron!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2017, 11:07:20 AM »

Business issues - several job offers - completed.

That's great, Larry!

George

« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2017, 11:10:45 AM »

Just got the final confirmation that our final actor in Dial 'M' is definitely cast.

Congrats, BK!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #94 on: May 18, 2017, 11:17:46 AM »

TOD:

I have judged many chili competitions since moving to Texas. Most follow very specific rules: no beans, the meat must be shredded or ground beyond recognition, no other ingredients should be identifiable by sight. A bowl of red, as we call it, can sometimes get its color from only chili powder, no tomato allowed. Other than that, you're free to make it however you want. I've had chilis thickened with a roux, beer or masa, which is like a corn mash. These folks are serious about their cook-offs, so you can get some great chili at all ends of the heat spectrum. The best will leave you hungry for more.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2017, 11:17:57 AM »

And in other news...Roger Ailes has died.

John G.

« Reply #96 on: May 18, 2017, 11:21:04 AM »

The worst thing in the world that you can do to chili, IMO, is add something sweet to it. A lot of people add kernels of corn for this reason, but I've also tasted chilis with molasses, brown sugar, carrots and maple syrup. There ought to be a law against such gag nasty nonsense. At least we should be told in the interest of full disclosure. (Sorry, Vixmom!)
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2017, 11:25:37 AM »

Perhaps the best chili I ever had was during a local hockey game. San Antonio is the birthplace of Frito pie, in which chili is heaped on top of Fritos. At the hockey game, the stadium was freezing, but that foil snack pack of Fritos topped with Wolf brand chili out of a can warmed both my hands and heart. I remember that very well.

There's a barbecue version of Frito pie, but the sauce is usually too sweet for my tastes.
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2017, 11:27:40 AM »

I've posted this before (here's how I wrote it in 2010): 

A friend of mine told me the story of a time that he went to a barbecue picnic/get-together and the host was smoking a cigar while making a big vat of chili.  My friend also noticed that the host/chili cooker was covertly flicking the his cigar ashes INTO THE CHILI!  My friend was shocked to say the least!  He quietly asked the host what he was doing and the guy said that that was his secret ingredient!  My friend said that that was the best chili that he had ever had.

:-X

John G.

« Reply #99 on: May 18, 2017, 11:30:47 AM »

Saw that. While I'm sorry he's dead, I take great exception to calling him a patriot. He cared only about himself, as his disregard of the laws of the land have made abundantly clear.
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #100 on: May 18, 2017, 11:36:15 AM »

Saw that. While I'm sorry he's dead, I take great exception to calling him a patriot. He cared only about himself, as his disregard of the laws of the land have made abundantly clear.

Agreed.

George

« Reply #101 on: May 18, 2017, 11:42:17 AM »

John G.

« Reply #102 on: May 18, 2017, 11:43:14 AM »

I've posted this before (here's how I wrote it in 2010): 

A friend of mine told me the story of a time that he went to a barbecue picnic/get-together and the host was smoking a cigar while making a big vat of chili.  My friend also noticed that the host/chili cooker was covertly flicking the his cigar ashes INTO THE CHILI!  My friend was shocked to say the least!  He quietly asked the host what he was doing and the guy said that that was his secret ingredient!  My friend said that that was the best chili that he had ever had.

:-X

:)
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: May 18, 2017, 11:50:37 AM »

I've been told one should speak only good of the dead, although I hardly ever do.

Roger Ailes is dead. Good.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #104 on: May 18, 2017, 11:51:56 AM »

I've been told one should speak only good of the dead, although I hardly ever do.

Roger Ailes is dead. Good.

Meanwhile, I have nothing to say of any kind about him.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2017, 11:52:37 AM »

About two hours ago, I got a text from our producer that he was sending me the first edit of the Moonshine & Mistletoe recording.  I'm still waiting.

Color me impatient.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2017, 11:54:49 AM »

About two hours ago, I got a text from our producer that he was sending me the first edit of the Moonshine & Mistletoe recording.  I'm still waiting.

Color me impatient.

Me, too.
― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2017, 12:50:45 PM »

Good afternoon.
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2017, 12:56:06 PM »

Travel vibes for DR JANE.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Laura

« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2017, 12:58:46 PM »

Have a safe flight, Jane!
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #110 on: May 18, 2017, 01:00:03 PM »

Color me impatient.

In shades of red or blue?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: May 18, 2017, 01:27:34 PM »

Well, I've heard the rough mix. Much of it I like, but there are missing sections,  and a few clunky things. I think it can all be cleared up, but the production team may be the worst I've worked with on any recording. 
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 01:44:39 PM by elmore3003 »

John G.

« Reply #112 on: May 18, 2017, 01:49:38 PM »

Glad you monitored your phlebotomist, DR Laura. I think I only do that half the time.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #113 on: May 18, 2017, 01:50:15 PM »

Well, I've heard the rough mix. Much of it I like, but there are missing sections,  and a few clunky things. I think it can all be cleared up, but the production team may be the worst I've worked with on any recording. 
Clear recording vibes.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #114 on: May 18, 2017, 01:50:55 PM »

Travel vibes for DR Jane. Should that be a perpetual statement?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #115 on: May 18, 2017, 01:51:26 PM »

My laptop is working again. Yay!
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #116 on: May 18, 2017, 02:36:30 PM »

Clear recording vibes.

~~~Ditto!!~~~

George

« Reply #117 on: May 18, 2017, 02:36:42 PM »

Great news, John!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: May 18, 2017, 02:48:38 PM »

What did you do to it?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #119 on: May 18, 2017, 03:09:00 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up