Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: DIAL 'M' FOR MUSICAL  (Read 7560 times)

ChasSmith

Re: DIAL 'M' FOR MUSICAL
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2017, 05:08:50 AM »

I have another rehearsal-subbing gig this evening, then I can put that behind me.  Tonight, just "Your Fault" and "The Last Midnight" ... a darned sight better than last night's challenge which was all of Act 1.

ChasSmith

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2017, 05:09:51 AM »

And the word of the day is: ZUGZWANG!

ZUGZWANG!  I found Page Two!

ChasSmith

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2017, 05:25:06 AM »

I just sneezed about twelve times.

ChasSmith

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2017, 05:31:38 AM »

Chili.

One of my favorite things.  But it's one of those for which there are so many "types" that I'd have to run down a list of those, and then name a favorite or two within each one.  Just like burgers.  So many wonderful styles.

ChasSmith

« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2017, 05:43:46 AM »

The make-at-home type:  Mine is sort of like Wendy's chili, only more full of good things and better.  But it's that style.  I think my mother's was this way, which is why I gravitated toward it years ago, but I can also say with certainty that hers wouldn't have been very spicy or as full of interesting ingredients.

Chili for hot dogs and hamburgers:  I grew to love the Tommy's and Carney's style of burger in L.A.  The chili for things like that is not at all like what you'd eat in a bowl.  Nathan's (of Coney Island) has a superb one.  A Nathan's hot dog with chili and raw onions is bliss.

Cincinnati chili:  A thing all its own, of course, and a life essential.  I also used to get the chili and spaghetti at Bob's Big Boys in L.A., but I don't remember what theirs was really like.  I'm sure it doesn't approach a Cincinnati.  No sir.  Cincinnati chili should also be a good one for the burgers and dogs, but I haven't yet tried that.

I used to get the "Chili Size" at Hamburger Hamlet, and I so wish I could bring back a solid memory of it.

If you go to a chili taste-off, the varieties are astounding.  There are so many wonderful creations, it's hardly fair to even make a short list like this.  I'd actually say most of them usually turn out to hold no interest for me, because I'm usually not into "chef-y" stuff, but I've had some beauties.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2017, 05:46:09 AM »

I just heard this on the news:

In their reports, Seattle police will no longer refer to criminals as "suspects". They will now be referred to as "community members".

Has everybody in my home town gone insane?

:(
You can dream…or you can do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2017, 05:52:36 AM »

65,000 posts by me!  God, won't I ever shut up?

I hope not!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2017, 05:53:38 AM »

And good morning, all!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2017, 05:54:13 AM »

I must run to Staples this morning to pick up some scores and scripts that I had spiral bound.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2017, 05:55:18 AM »

After that, I've got the chart for "I Wonder What the King Is Doing Tonight" to work on.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2017, 06:02:22 AM »

Our voice of political idiocy, Sarah Palin, strikes again.  In a CNN rant about people whose English is a second language, she had these immortal words of wisdom:
I’m here to tell you that American is the language that everybody in this country is going to have to use 24/7, the way it’s been done for thousands of years on this territory. Even Native Americans today speak our language, and they were, kind of, here before us. Just goes to show you don’t want to mess with Uncle Sam or else Uncle Sam is going to start messing with your native country, and it’s probably going to include nukes of some sort. Just ask Japanese-Americans.”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2017, 06:14:22 AM »

Future historians will have a field day determining which was the most moronic, misinformed politician of the millennium.  It will be a close tie between Palin and Trump. Talk about Ted Mack's amateur hour.

FJL

« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2017, 06:18:45 AM »

Congrats to TCB on your fabulous milestone!

FJL

« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2017, 06:42:56 AM »

I am sorry that this HELLO, DOLLY! CD doesn't include the Finale.

TCB - The Finale in this production (at least when I saw it) didn't include the Dancing-It Only Takes a Moment- Put On Your Sunday Clothes sections.  It's just the "Hello Dolly" section (IIRC it was at the end of the bows when Bette Midler took her curtain call) that normally ends the finale.  It would have been a very short track. 

Who knows?  maybe they recorded it, but decided the album was best ended on the David Hyde Pierce - Better Midler duet.

FJL

« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2017, 06:44:54 AM »

Meant Bette Midler, not Better Midler - did I do that or did spell-check, I wonder.

FJL

« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2017, 06:48:20 AM »

As I said the other day Spell-check kept changing Larry Gelbart to Larry Gilbert.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2017, 06:54:52 AM »

Tom, both places were nice.  I believe it was Harbour Lights, the 2nd time, where we had the impressive chocolate cake.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2017, 07:09:01 AM »

Congrats to DR TCB on his millstone.

Thanks DR JEANNE and all DEAR READERS for their continued thoughts and vibes.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2017, 07:09:23 AM »

I am enjoying reading about the auditions/rehearsals very much!  It's like being there!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ginny

« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2017, 07:43:47 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  Wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles, I think I'm finally beginning to feel better.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2017, 07:49:27 AM »

65,000 posts by me!  God, won't I ever shut up?

Hopefully not for a long time to come.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2017, 07:51:14 AM »

Our voice of political idiocy, Sarah Palin, strikes again.  In a CNN rant about people whose English is a second language, she had these immortal words of wisdom:
I’m here to tell you that American is the language that everybody in this country is going to have to use 24/7, the way it’s been done for thousands of years on this territory. Even Native Americans today speak our language, and they were, kind of, here before us. Just goes to show you don’t want to mess with Uncle Sam or else Uncle Sam is going to start messing with your native country, and it’s probably going to include nukes of some sort. Just ask Japanese-Americans.”

Considering that "American" has only been spoken "on this territory" for less than 300, she's a few bricks shy of a load.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 08:10:41 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2017, 07:54:03 AM »

It appears that our "potus" (small letters intentional) has encountered his zugzwang with the appointment of an FBI special prosecutor.  His tweets this morning are more "Woe!  Damnation!  I am being unfairly judged!" nonsense.

Michael

« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2017, 08:06:59 AM »

Good morning to all
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2017, 08:07:55 AM »

I have to admit that I was very disappointed by the new Hello, Dolly! recording. I found it lackluster and slow.
Never stop dreaming.

Jane

« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2017, 08:16:51 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  Wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles, I think I'm finally beginning to feel better.

:)

Jane

« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2017, 08:17:56 AM »

I am packed & ready to go.  I am looking forward to a mini HHW gathering in LA.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2017, 08:27:27 AM »

My doctor agrees I should take my Prozac at night.  And so, last night I did.

I had one of my best sleeps ever (in recent years, that is).  I stayed up until 10 p.m. hoping I wouldn't wake up too early.  As it turns out, I was rather awake by 4:30 a.m, but still managed to drift off for an extra hour.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2017, 08:27:38 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  Continued Health Vibes to DR JRand66 and others!  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2017, 08:27:50 AM »

Happy trails, Jane, and safe flight to LA.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up