Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: SINGING THE UNSUNG  (Read 3511 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: SINGING THE UNSUNG
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2016, 01:56:24 PM »

Jane, I have to have an MRI every year. The only thing scary to me is the cost.

I can't remember what it costs with medicare.  Do you also get the iv of dye in you?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2016, 02:56:53 PM »

Had an egg salad sandwich for lunch.  I may take a day off from jogging - haven't done that in two or three weeks, but we'll see how I feel a bit later in the day.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2016, 03:16:56 PM »

You can dream…or you can do.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2016, 03:34:40 PM »

I can't remember what it costs with medicare.  Do you also get the iv of dye in you?

Yes. I get the dye shots. Ugh.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2016, 03:35:42 PM »

I have never had an MRI.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

Jane

« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2016, 03:52:30 PM »

Yes. I get the dye shots. Ugh.

I react to so many things but fortunately not this. The tape to hold down the needle isn't comfortable if I need to bend my arm but that is a temporary discomfort.

Jane

« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2016, 03:52:46 PM »

I have never had an MRI.

Count yourself very lucky.

Jane

« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2016, 03:53:10 PM »

Now that the process is greatly improved there are worse tests around.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2016, 04:30:41 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2016, 04:31:23 PM »

Eye surgery vibes to DR Druxy.

I hope the surgery is painless and successful and you recover quickly.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2016, 04:31:35 PM »

Vibes to DR Jane.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2016, 04:33:10 PM »

Jrand, I highly recommend Boiron's cough syrup. It knocks out coughs VERY quickly! Has honey in it so it tastes good, too. Available at health food stores.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2016, 04:41:27 PM »

I have a new therapist. His name is Erik and he does neuromuscular massage. He's a soft-spoken guy with a good knowledge of the body. I like him. Today was session #2. Last week he used a massage oil that had fragrance in it. I couldn't smell it, but it irritated my skin, so today he used a hypoallergenic oil. He seems confident that he can help me. I'll still need to return to Daniel, my Thai torturer, at some point, but hope to be in better shape by then, which may make those treatments easier.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2016, 04:44:44 PM »

Two very good phone calls, one on Guys & Dolls and the other about two possible projects for Music Theatre International.  I also got an email from my attorney and we will talk tomorrow about "intellectual property."

Good news. Glad to hear it.

Jane

« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2016, 04:46:57 PM »

Vibes to DR Jane.

Thank you Jeanne.  How are your eyes after all this time?

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2016, 04:49:19 PM »

I learned that UCLA will no longer be working with my health insurance carrier, so I'll have to go through the Medicare drill all over again. Grrrr. It can be very time-consuming. At least this time I know a lot more about what to look for. I also have an insurance agent who specializes in Medicare. He's a help and it costs me nothing, as he's paid a commission by whomever I sigh up with. It's likely to mean higher co-pays and maybe less coverage. So grrr again.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2016, 04:54:15 PM »

Vibes to DR Jane.

My eyes are OK. If I hadn't had cataracts I don't know that I'd be happy, as there are trade-offs. I can see pretty well without glasses, but wouldn't want to drive without them. I think it was one year ago today that I had the first surgery. I'm very glad it's behind me.

Jane

« Reply #78 on: October 05, 2016, 04:56:07 PM »

I have a new therapist. His name is Erik and he does neuromuscular massage. He's a soft-spoken guy with a good knowledge of the body. I like him. Today was session #2. Last week he used a massage oil that had fragrance in it. I couldn't smell it, but it irritated my skin, so today he used a hypoallergenic oil. He seems confident that he can help me. I'll still need to return to Daniel, my Thai torturer, at some point, but hope to be in better shape by then, which may make those treatments easier.

It amazes me how often people are shocked what they use will bothers me, yet I know I am not the only sensitive person out there.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2016, 04:56:24 PM »

I learned that UCLA will no longer be working with my health insurance carrier, so I'll have to go through the Medicare drill all over again. Grrrr. It can be very time-consuming. At least this time I know a lot more about what to look for. I also have an insurance agent who specializes in Medicare. He's a help and it costs me nothing, as he's paid a commission by whomever I sigh up with. It's likely to mean higher co-pays and maybe less coverage. So grrr again.

Bad news! >:( Good news! :D Bad news. :(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2016, 05:00:17 PM »

It amazes me how often people are shocked what they use will bothers me, yet I know I am not the only sensitive person out there.

If it doesn't bother them, they can't imagine that it would bother someone else. "This bothers you?" They're incredulous. As if we all have the same bodies. I'm surprised, though, that the smell didn't bother me, while it bothered my skin. Usually the smell would bother me.

Jane

« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2016, 05:00:45 PM »

Vibes to DR Jane.

My eyes are OK. If I hadn't had cataracts I don't know that I'd be happy, as there are trade-offs. I can see pretty well without glasses, but wouldn't want to drive without them. I think it was one year ago today that I had the first surgery. I'm very glad it's behind me.

One reason I have been wearing my contacts faithfully is to get used to lousy close up vision.  Your surgeries seemed so much more complicated than the typical distance correction. 

After 8 years of great distance vision Keith has had a change of his vision in one eye due to his astigmatism.  I thought the surgery corrected that.  Now I am no long looking forward to cataract surgery and hope it is a long, long time before I need it.

Because of the MRI I am wearing my glasses instead of my contacts.  I do see better, almost make me want to stop wearing the contacts.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2016, 05:02:34 PM »

Bad news! >:( Good news! :D Bad news. :(

Yes, not good news. But not horrible.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2016, 05:09:25 PM »

Vibes to DR Jane.

One reason I have been wearing my contacts faithfully is to get used to lousy close up vision.  Your surgeries seemed so much more complicated than the typical distance correction. 

After 8 years of great distance vision Keith has had a change of his vision in one eye due to his astigmatism.  I thought the surgery corrected that.  Now I am no long looking forward to cataract surgery and hope it is a long, long time before I need it.

Because of the MRI I am wearing my glasses instead of my contacts.  I do see better, almost make me want to stop wearing the contacts.

My surgeries were more complicated. (1) Because I had the Toric implant to fix both the astigmatism and my vision, and (2) because there was such a big difference between my two eyes after the first surgery, i.e., a big difference between my natural vision (extremely nearsighted) and my new vision (slightly nearsighted). That's  why I couldn't drive; both eyes--and your brain--have to work as a team and there was too big of a difference between my two eyes at first. And (3) they insisted on using antibiotics, even though I explained that I'm allergic to them. I really feel they should have worked with me more on that, but they have a "roll 'em in, roll 'em out" approach.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 05:10:58 PM by Jeanne »

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2016, 05:15:52 PM »

Your eyes do continue to change, even though the implant itself does not.

My cousin had cataract surgery, probably around the same time Keith did. For a long time she just needed off-the-shelf reading glasses, but now she needs a weak prescription. I really wish they explained more of this to patients, but nobody wants to take the time. Most of us learn the hard way or through friends.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2016, 05:18:51 PM »

TTFN.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2016, 05:20:51 PM »

Well, it's time for me to go to a production meeting then rehearsal.

Be back later.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #87 on: October 05, 2016, 05:25:06 PM »

Vibes to DR Jane.

My surgeries were more complicated. (1) Because I had the Toric implant to fix both the astigmatism and my vision, and (2) because there was such a big difference between my two eyes after the first surgery, i.e., a big difference between my natural vision (extremely nearsighted) and my new vision (slightly nearsighted). That's  why I couldn't drive; both eyes--and your brain--have to work as a team and there was too big of a difference between my two eyes at first. And (3) they insisted on using antibiotics, even though I explained that I'm allergic to them. I really feel they should have worked with me more on that, but they have a "roll 'em in, roll 'em out" approach.

Keith had the toric implant as well.  I thought your vision correction was for close up vs the distance vision correction he had.  Can you read without glasses?  He doesn't need glasses for distance but needs them for reading.

Jane

« Reply #88 on: October 05, 2016, 05:54:29 PM »

Your eyes do continue to change, even though the implant itself does not.

My cousin had cataract surgery, probably around the same time Keith did. For a long time she just needed off-the-shelf reading glasses, but now she needs a weak prescription. I really wish they explained more of this to patients, but nobody wants to take the time. Most of us learn the hard way or through friends.

He just got new reading glasses with an adjustment on the one eye.

Jennifer

« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2016, 06:11:22 PM »

The MRI machines have come a long way since that first one at the NIH when former DR Penny accompanied me on my first visit for the 4 year study.

45 minutes I was stuck in that loud clunky thing without being able to move.  The technician never said one word to me.  I expected her to ask if I was ok and to give me a count down on how much time was left.  Every inch of my body hurt.  Had I only been in there for my benefit and not to help other people I would have yelled "get me out of here".  Once I emerged Penny said I looked very angry.  Angrily I said "I am!!!!  Thanks to Penny being there I was able to laugh it off.

Over the years the machines have improved.  Best of all was today at the testing center here.  Twenty minutes in the most comfortable machine yet and the nighest technician I have had.  The ear plugs worked so well it was never too loud, in fact I had trouble hearing her.

Was it enclosed or were the sides open?  I've only been in an MRI machine once and it was horrible. It was like being in a coffin (i am claustrophobic). And the noise level was very loud (and i was being tested for having migraines). It was awful.  Although there was a person talking me through it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up