Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: WHAT I LEARNED ABOUT LOS ANGELES BY WATCHING A VERY BAD MOTION PICTURE  (Read 4380 times)

Cillaliz

This should do it

Cillaliz

Ok Page 4

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.

I must have made my 1100 millstone yesterday.

[In Jack Benny's voice:] Oh George, would you please record my millstone? I know it's not major, but it's a round number, and I like round numbers.

Dan, I didn't get a chance to record 1100, but if you post another 5 posts (as of this posting), I'll get your 1111th post!  Repeated numbers are cool. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

George, Dan, I see you....let's at least get this to page 5

Cillaliz

Dan pun away

Cillaliz

Hey George!  How are you?

Cillaliz

Dan 1111 is a cool number

George

Does anyone watch Grey's Anatomy?  I was really surprised at the regular they killed off.  He said he signed a two year contract but apparently Shondra decided to kill his character off.  Don't know that I believe that. 

I was just about to post that I just watched that episode.  I'd read that even though he signed a 2-year contract, he wanted off. 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

"GA" was very good and all that, but in the preview of next week's episode, they show Derek's sister (played by Caterina Scorsone) saying, "I never got to say goodbye...because of you."  I HATE that kind of resentment that seems to be common in "Grey's Anatomy."  When Callie cut off Arizona's leg to save her life, Arizona couldn't stop being angry over the fact that Callie cut off her leg...even though it saved her life!  I hated that plot device. :P

FJL

Does anyone watch Grey's Anatomy?  I was really surprised at the regular they killed off.  He said he signed a two year contract but apparently Shondra decided to kill his character off.  Don't know that I believe that. 

I was just about to post that I just watched that episode.  I'd read that even though he signed a 2-year contract, he wanted off. 

Can't find the article, but one of the articles said that his hiatus for several episodes during the year may have been tied to his personal life (the actor's, that is) but he didn't want to talk about details about that.

POSSIBLE SPOILER IN THE LINK

Update:  here's the article that dealt with that.
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/24/read-patrick-dempseys-final-exit-interview-greys-anatomy

« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 08:06:55 PM by FJL »

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

Busy day and I actually got some things done
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

Not as much as I intended

vixmom

But some things were done

vixmom

Oh and the builder and the mason came over and rebuilt the wall that fell off the house

vixmom

Did I mention that the brick wall on one side of the house had come away from the house?

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com

Quasi TOD:

Mr. BK raises an interesting if unintended TOD. What films have you seen that did a poor job of disguising the fact that they were not shot in the environs they allege their story to be set in?

I can think of many movies and TV shows that are supposed to be set in NY and have been obviously shot in Canada or L.A. with some very careless cover shots to give some illusion to sense of place.

I think that most movies that are supposed to be set in Seattle are filmed in Vancouver, B.C.  They just use an establishing shot of the Space Needle.
You can dream…or you can do.

vixmom

Ah the joys of home ownership

Dan M

• Fish? Or, Abe Vigoda?

I must have made my 1100 millstone yesterday.

[In Jack Benny's voice:] Oh George, would you please record my millstone? I know it's not major, but it's a round number, and I like round numbers.

Dan, I didn't get a chance to record 1100, but if you post another 5 posts (as of this posting), I'll get your 1111th post!  Repeated numbers are cool. :)

Yes, a palindromic number.
Aunt Esther: I have the spirit of Christmas . . .
Fred Sanford: . . . and the face of Halloween!

A house divided by itself, falls down.
-- Edith Baines Bunker

Dan M

• Fish? Or, Abe Vigoda?

Oh and the builder and the mason came over and rebuilt the wall that fell off the house

Sounds like that could be the beginning of those story jokes:
A cowboy and his horse walk into a bar . . . .
Two knots walk into a bar . . . .
Two carrots are in the hospital . . . .
Zsa Zsa, Cher and a spackler walk into a bar . . . .
Regis, Donald Trump, Burt Reynolds and a toupee walk into a bar . . . .
A nun, a priest, a rabbi and a Zen master go sailing in a barge . . . .
Crocodile Dundee and Richard Simmons ride on a subway train . . . .
Rachel Ray and Martha Stewart walk into a Jazzercise class . . . .

-- Edith Baines Bunker

Dan M

• Fish? Or, Abe Vigoda?

Maybe I'm late to this, but today I learned of an African proverb recorded in 1960 by Malian writer/ethnologist Amadou Hampâté Bâ:

"In Africa, when an old man dies, it's a library burning."

I think it's very true. What prompted me to look this up was a mention on a show but I didn't catch who it was attributed to. Reminded me of my friend's 100 year old mother who just passed away. What a library of information she would have been!

-- Edith Baines Bunker

TCB

• Because I can!

Oh gosh, we still have a way to go.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Cillaliz

II was just about to post that I just watched that episode.  I'd read that even though he signed a 2-year contract, he wanted off. 

That makes more sense.  He was making it sound like he had no idea he was going to be killed off. Maybe he didn't know how he was going to leave, but he had to have a clue his days were numbered

Dan M

• Fish? Or, Abe Vigoda?

Goldfinger just started about 20 mins. ago. I think that's the Bond where it all jelled. I bet Maurice Binder who wound up doing the majority of the Bond series' opening titles regretted not having done the title sequence for "Goldfinger". Robert Brownjohn's titles are good and are the ones we Bond fans have become accustomed to, but I would have liked to have seen Binder's version. Many of the weaker and poorer Bonds, were saved by the title sequences and the cold openings, and of course the John Barry scores, even the Hamlisch one was good. Aside from the title song for "Live and Let Die" I didn't think there was much to recommend that movie's soundtrack. For me, it was the same as the George Martin stuff that was the "other side" for "A Hard Day's Night", "Help" and "Yellow Submarine". Good background/underscore music for the movies' purposes but not anything that really lives apart from the movie, other than the songs.

-- Edith Baines Bunker

Dan M

• Fish? Or, Abe Vigoda?

II was just about to post that I just watched that episode.  I'd read that even though he signed a 2-year contract, he wanted off. 

That makes more sense.  He was making it sound like he had no idea he was going to be killed off. Maybe he didn't know how he was going to leave, but he had to have a clue his days were numbered

I gave up on following TV shows after The Sopranos. Many shows do not get the finales they deserve and I'm tired of investing time in shows that don't end "as they should" whatever that may mean. Sometimes it may be better to just end and not make a big fuss. The shows will live on forever and that way there's an unending loop. Maybe that's the Star Trek (original series) fan in me.

-- Edith Baines Bunker

vixmom

My parents lived the bond movies  they would put we kids in our pjs, put pillows and blankets into the "way back" of the station wagon and off to the drive in we would go

vixmom

We used to fall asleep son after that cartoons but  I stayed awake for Goldfinger

vixmom

I had night mares about the airplapane and car crushing scenes

Cillaliz

Can't find the article, but one of the articles said that his hiatus for several episodes during the year may have been tied to his personal life (the actor's, that is) but he didn't want to talk about details about that.

POSSIBLE SPOILER IN THE LINK

Update:  here's the article that dealt with that.
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/04/24/read-patrick-dempseys-final-exit-interview-greys-anatomy

Thanks for the link

Cillaliz

In our last band concert we played a medley of James Bond Movie themes

Cillaliz

Only a coupe more to the page turn
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up