Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: KRITZERLAND AT STERLING'S 51  (Read 3424 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
KRITZERLAND AT STERLING'S 51
« on: November 03, 2014, 12:02:57 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were Kritzer-like, and now it is time for you to post until the Kritzerland cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: KRITZERLAND AT STERLING'S 51
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2014, 12:03:45 AM »

And the word of the day is: DRAGOMAN!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 12:36:02 AM »

BK, congratulations on the successful Jerry Herman show!  Nice pictures, too.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 12:37:15 AM »

Can't wait to order the CDs in the morning. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ben

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2014, 01:29:21 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Michael

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2014, 02:34:03 AM »

good early morning to all
Never stop dreaming.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2014, 03:22:59 AM »

good morning - the HHW vibes seem to have helped ) I ma feeling somewhat better this morning  and will be off to work
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Laura

• "Soorry."
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2014, 03:35:01 AM »

Good morning.
Have a hug, a cookie, and a juice box!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2014, 04:30:17 AM »

Good morning, all!

I have physical therapy first thing, and when I return home I have laundry and Encores! work/

DR vixmom, I read "Death Comes To Pemberley" and thought P.D. James completely missed Miss Austen's voice; in Pride and Prejudice the events are seen primarily through Lizzie Bennett's eyes, and I felt that James turned Austen's sparkling, lively heroine into a secondary, rather dull, character. I also thought James did not play fair by Colonel Fitzwilliam, who is set up in P&P as a perfect match for Lizzie except for the fact that he is as poor as she is and needs to find a wife with a fortune.  P.D. James kills off his brother so Fitzwilliam is now a rather unpleasant lord of the manor and a rival for Georgiana.  I enjoyed the read, but I felt it was just one more Austen spin that took her characters but couldn't take her voice.  I felt the same about the new Austen spin, "Longbourne."

That said, I liked the BBC production better than the book.  I liked the building up of Trevor Eve's Hardcastle and most of the cast.  The screenwriter also adds Mr & Mrs Bennett, who are not in the James novel, to the mix and that amused me.  I did not like the actress playing Lizzie  She had been wonderful in the BBC version of Bleak House, but I felt she was miscast as Jane Austen's wonderful heroine.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 04:32:43 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Kerry

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2014, 04:31:41 AM »

Glad the show went so well.  I love Jerry Herman, and I love Karen Morrow.  Great pics, too!
I like boat races.

FJL

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2014, 05:17:27 AM »

How great that the show went so well.

ChasSmith

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2014, 05:24:09 AM »

Good morning, all.

OMG, a day with no show.  FOUR days with no show.  I can tend to a few "real life" things.

Coffee!

ChasSmith

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2014, 05:24:32 AM »

Congrats on a wonderful Kritzerland show!

Jrand74

• Rosemary's Baby
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2014, 05:51:44 AM »

Waiting to order the CD's.  But first it's shopping and banking day.
....it has an undertaste.....

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2014, 06:00:37 AM »

Good morning, all.

Congrats, bk and company, on the great show.

I got my Karen Morrow fix over the weekend by watching the first few episodes of Tabitha.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

KevinH

« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2014, 06:08:03 AM »

Congrats on another great show, BK!  Wish I could have been there!

KevinH

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2014, 06:09:48 AM »

Thanks for the vibes, everyone!  I'm feeling better but am going to try and rest today.

John G.

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2014, 06:17:27 AM »

TOD:

Turkey Lurkey Time
Be a Santa
Christmas in the City
I Thank You for Your Love
Hard Candy Christmas
Who Says There Ain't No Santa Claus (from Flahooley)
It Happened in Sun Valley
I Saw Mommy Do the Mambo with You Know Who
I've Got My Love to Keep Me Warm
Santa Claus Is a Black Man
The Christmas Waltz
Mele Kelikimaka (sp?)

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2014, 06:32:20 AM »

I'm up, I've announced and I'm goin' back to bed in a moment.  Here are the two official blurbs:

Kritzerland is proud to present its latest release:

SANDY BAINUM – IT MIGHT BE FUN

It Might Be Fun is the follow-up CD to Sandy Bainum’s acclaimed 2013 CD, Simply. 

It Might Be Fun is a new and exciting departure for Sandy, an album of all original songs.  Back when she and producer Bruce Kimmel were doing Sandy’s first album for Kritzerland, This Christmas, she asked him to write an original song for the album.  That song turned out to be the title song of the album and got a lot of notice.  When it was time to do Simply, she again asked him if he had an original for her, and “Simply” became that album’s title song, again getting a lot of airplay and notice.  When it came time to decide what the new album was going to be, Sandy suggested a CD with all original songs by Kimmel.   Kimmel has been writing songs since he was a teenager, has written many produced musicals, several of which have cast recordings, wrote the songs for his cult film hit The First Nudie Musical, as well as songs for other films, TV, special material, and the theater. 
Sandy felt a real affinity for the chosen songs – her voice sits so lovingly on the music along with her ability to infuse a lyric with warmth, care, love and humor.  Whether the catchy title song or the rueful “Three Acts” or the funny “Who Do I Have to Blank to Get Out of This Show?” Sandy takes you on a journey that runs the gamut of emotion.   The final song on the album, “Two Roads,” is a brand new song receiving its premiere recording, written by Kimmel with the amazing and brilliant Richard M. Sherman of The Sherman Brothers.

The album was recorded in Los Angeles at the legendary Capitol Studios Studio A with a phenomenal 35-piece orchestra.  It was arranged, orchestrated and conducted by award-winning musical director Lanny Meyers and produced by Grammy-nominated producer Bruce Kimmel.

You won’t want to miss Sandy Bainum’s new CD.  It’s Sandy at her most alluring and beautiful, so come along for the ride – why It Might Be Fun!

CD is $17.98 (plus shipping).  CDs will ship by the second week of December.  We also offer a special combo price with Sandy’s Simpy CD and a trio combo special price for all three CDs, so check out those special offers.  To place an order, see the cover, or hear audio samples, just visit www.kritzerland.com.

and

Kritzerland is proud to present a new world premiere limited edition soundtrack:

FALLING IN LOVE

Music Composed and Conducted by Dave Grusin

For all of the 1984 trappings, Falling in Love is a throwback to 1940s and 1950s films like Brief Encounter and An Affair to Remember, complete with two stars (Robert De Niro and Meryl Streep), a meet-cute, a budding romance no matter how hard the protagonists try to avoid it (both have settled into routine marriages), and the ins and outs and ups and downs of two people who are, yes, falling in love.  At times funny, at times rueful, at times beautifully romantic, at times sad, and at times painful, Falling in Love hits all the right notes and weaves its spell quite effortlessly.  And part of what makes it effortless is the incandescent and beautiful score by Dave Grusin.

No one did this type of romantic film better than Dave Grusin.  He simply and effectively captures every mood of the film, with several stunningly gorgeous melodies that weave their way throughout the score, along with some classic upbeat Grusin tunes. 

As occasionally happens, several wonderful cues went unused in the film, most notably Grusin’s main title theme, which was replaced with an already existing Grusin piece, “Mountain Dance” (tracked into the film several times).  For this world premiere release, we’re presenting Grusin’s entire score, including the original main theme and all of the unused cues, exactly as he wrote it, all transferred from the original session masters housed in the Paramount vault.

It’s always wonderful to be able to issue a “new” Dave Grusin score.  His brilliant work has graced any number of classic films since he began – his is a distinctive and unique voice in film scoring and Falling in Love is yet another example of his prodigious talents.

Falling in Love is limited to 1000 copies only and priced at $19.98, plus shipping.   CDs will ship by the second week of December, but we’ve been averaging three to five weeks early in terms of shipping ahead of the official ship date.  To place an order, see the cover, or hear audio samples, just visit www.kritzerland.com.

ChasSmith

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2014, 06:43:32 AM »

Ordered!

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2014, 06:48:53 AM »

Congratulations to bk and his merrie company on what sounds like another fantastic Kritzerland extravaganza.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2014, 06:49:15 AM »

Can't wait to hear the two new CD releases.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2014, 07:03:52 AM »

I was scarce around these here parts yesterday; just plumb too busy and exhausted. But thanks for the vibes; all the music went very well.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2014, 07:14:41 AM »

Listening now to all of the Sandy sound clips - boy, do they sound fantastic!!

Ginny

« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2014, 07:17:48 AM »

Monday morning greetings!  It's sunny and cold here in SW Ohio and Richard is getting ready to swap the screens for storm windows.  That's a sure sign that winter is on the way...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2014, 07:39:18 AM »

I did not like Matthew Rhys as Mr. Darcy.

I don't much like him in anything.  He always looks as if he's in pain.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand74

• Rosemary's Baby
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2014, 08:08:11 AM »

CD's ordered.

Loved hearing about the show last night and seeing the photos.

DR CHAS SMITH are there photos from RAGTIME anywhere online?
....it has an undertaste.....

John G.

« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2014, 08:18:49 AM »

For those who wrote about the Muppet Movie after I signed off last night: It was wonderful. It was also sweet seeing a few of the performers who were in their twilight years do cameos. So many people who are no longer with us, including Edgar Bergen, Bob Hope and then people who should still be with us: Madeline Kahn, Richard Pryor, Telly Savalas.
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2014, 09:27:18 AM »

DR John G, is this the MUPPET MOVIE that came out in the late 1970's?  If so, I had to "borrow" a kid to take with me and it was the little girl who grew up in the house we live in now.  She's all grown up, of course, and has a little girl of her own.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jennifer

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2014, 09:45:00 AM »

Congrats on a great show!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up