Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: HOW NOT TO DIRECT A FEATURETTE  (Read 4613 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: HOW NOT TO DIRECT A FEATURETTE
« Reply #90 on: March 26, 2014, 04:41:29 PM »

MAJOR VIBES FOR JOANNE & RANDY, AND OF COURSE YOU AS WELL DR ELMORE!!!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #91 on: March 26, 2014, 04:45:04 PM »

I just had an intensel phone call from my beloved sister-in-law JoAnn. Things are not good in Ohio at present for my family, and they could really use some good vibes at the moment. I am very serious about this request.

One part of the problem: Lady M is kicking up more dirt, some of it aimed at me, the majority being thrown at Randy and Jo.  If God wanted to give the world a treat, He'd kill the bitch.

For you new DRs, I have two brothers, my youngest Randy is married to JoAnn, and the one two years younger than I; I refer to them as the Macbeths, and an uglier pair of shits hasn't been seen in sometime. It's truly a case of a marriage made in hell, each enabling the other to be as crooked, petty, and generally mean as possible.

~~~VIBES OF ALL KINDS FOR RANDY AND JO!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #92 on: March 26, 2014, 04:47:02 PM »

DR Elmore, I'm sorry to hear about the strife in your family.  Do you want me to courier a gift back for JoAnn like I did when we met in Canton several years ago?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: March 26, 2014, 04:57:27 PM »

Had a fun peek at the idea for our Li'l Abner set - I asked for only a couple of additions and one adjustment - it's going to work very well.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: March 26, 2014, 04:57:37 PM »

Then I had some soup and a sandwich.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: March 26, 2014, 04:58:01 PM »

Then we had a work session and mostly worked on the two songs that arrived yesterday. 

Jane

« Reply #96 on: March 26, 2014, 05:03:21 PM »

Bruce I have a question for you.  I have a friend who is dividing her time between Portland & WLA sorting out her mother's house.  She is extremely stressed trying to figure out what to do with everything, especially the books.  She doesn't want to give away a valuable book.  When asked how many her response was "Of possible value? Dozens. In total? Hundreds. And hundreds."

Do you suggest someone honest she can approach about these or offer any advice for her?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: March 26, 2014, 05:17:22 PM »

Lots of vibes for Randy and Jo!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks, DR Jennifer!

They seem like wonderful people!

They are, and the Macbeths walk all over them.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

KevinH

« Reply #98 on: March 26, 2014, 05:18:05 PM »

Vibes for Joanne and Randy!

Jane

« Reply #99 on: March 26, 2014, 05:20:32 PM »

Hi DR Kevin.  Do you have snow?  Our son out your way never tells us anything.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: March 26, 2014, 05:25:18 PM »

DR Elmore, I'm sorry to hear about the strife in your family.  Do you want me to courier a gift back for JoAnn like I did when we met in Canton several years ago?

Only if it involves kicking some Macbeth butt. 
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ChasSmith

« Reply #101 on: March 26, 2014, 06:28:33 PM »

STRENGTH and VIBES GALORE to DR Elmore and the DB Randy and DBW JoAnn.   (Did I get all of that right?)

I wish I had some evil powers so I could help with the rest.

Dan M

• Fish? Or, Abe Vigoda?
« Reply #102 on: March 26, 2014, 06:36:31 PM »

I'm on my "Sanford & Son" break, you heathen fish-eyed fool suckers! ;)
Aunt Esther: I have the spirit of Christmas . . .
Fred Sanford: . . . and the face of Halloween!

A house divided by itself, falls down.
-- Edith Baines Bunker

Dan M

• Fish? Or, Abe Vigoda?
« Reply #103 on: March 26, 2014, 06:40:30 PM »

Taking inventory here, I have THE VAMPIRE LOVERS and TWINS OF EVIL on Blu, but I don't have the middle film in the "Karnstein Trilogy", LUST FOR A VAMPIRE, at all -- nor have I ever seen it.  I'm not even sure I've seen the other two all the way through.  Time to remedy this.  Karnsteins, here I come.

I loved CAPTAIN KRONOS which I used to own, but it was amongst the items that were stolen, as was another fave, BRIDES OF DRACULA.

-- Edith Baines Bunker

Jane

« Reply #104 on: March 26, 2014, 06:40:41 PM »

"We're happy to let you know that your eBook Settlement credit for $6.57 is now in your Barnes & Noble account and ready to use."

The suit had something to do with books being overcharged.  I don't know exactly how it was determined I receive this small credit but I will take it.  It almost makes up for the book that wasn't received and I had to order a second book.  I attempted to return it but they wouldn't take it and before I could read the book the library got it in.  I triple check with the library now before I order books I have to pay for.

Dan M

• Fish? Or, Abe Vigoda?
« Reply #105 on: March 26, 2014, 06:43:42 PM »

I am pondering what I think about any recipes whose title include the words "frizzled shallots."

Is a frizzled shallot like little shallot "onion" rings?

I AM SHOCKED, SHOCKED THAT NO ONE FOUND THE TRUE frizzled shalit:

-- Edith Baines Bunker

ChasSmith

« Reply #106 on: March 26, 2014, 06:45:12 PM »

THE VAMPIRE LOVERS was just great, the perfect thing for this evening.  A good story given a good production with beautiful people and lovely color and a score by Harry Robertson/Robinson that was really fine all the way through.

I never saw these in theaters, and I guess I'd seen this one only when the Midnite Movies DVD came out.  It's TWINS OF EVIL that I've only seen bits of, and that little situation shall be remedied within the week.

Dan M

• Fish? Or, Abe Vigoda?
« Reply #107 on: March 26, 2014, 06:48:16 PM »

Was reading a news story about the new film NOAH, and the producer or writer or someone connected with the film was going on and on about how surprising it was that Hollywood had NEVER bothered to put the story of Noah's Ark on the big screen.

Evidently, he hasn't noticed that TCM constantly runs the 1928 film NOAH'S ARK.

The rest of the story was about how various religous groups are objecting to the film because it takes some liberty with the story. I am guessing these people have seen very, very few film versions of Biblical stories! LOL!

PARAMOUNT and ARONOFSKY would have had less objections had they named the film after the original, original story of Noah, THE EPIC OF GILGAMESH, which is the ancient Sumerian story upon which the biblical Noah is actually based.

-- Edith Baines Bunker

Jane

« Reply #108 on: March 26, 2014, 06:52:39 PM »

That would have been different ;)

Ginny

« Reply #109 on: March 26, 2014, 06:59:28 PM »

Only if it involves kicking some Macbeth butt. 

Not my style...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #110 on: March 26, 2014, 07:01:02 PM »

"We're happy to let you know that your eBook Settlement credit for $6.57 is now in your Barnes & Noble account and ready to use."

The suit had something to do with books being overcharged.  I don't know exactly how it was determined I receive this small credit but I will take it.  It almost makes up for the book that wasn't received and I had to order a second book.  I attempted to return it but they wouldn't take it and before I could read the book the library got it in.  I triple check with the library now before I order books I have to pay for.

I got $6.09 from Amazon and Richard got $12.18.  Guess that means he bought twice as many eBooks as I did!

Michael

« Reply #111 on: March 26, 2014, 07:03:50 PM »

THE VAMPIRE LOVERS was just great, the perfect thing for this evening.  A good story given a good production with beautiful people and lovely color and a score by Harry Robertson/Robinson that was really fine all the way through.

I never saw these in theaters, and I guess I'd seen this one only when the Midnite Movies DVD came out.  It's TWINS OF EVIL that I've only seen bits of, and that little situation shall be remedied within the week.

how how this vampire saga?

Never stop dreaming.

Dan M

• Fish? Or, Abe Vigoda?
« Reply #112 on: March 26, 2014, 07:09:32 PM »

Now, I'm on my atheistic, commie, pinko Meathead break:

-- Edith Baines Bunker

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #113 on: March 26, 2014, 07:22:11 PM »

Vibes for Elmore, DB Randy and DBW JoAnn. I really wish you could get all that stuff worked out and you can all get on with your lives.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #114 on: March 26, 2014, 07:23:40 PM »

I read the same article on "Noah." Beck is more clueless than usual. I also think the movie will likely be a flop. Does anybody really go to Russell Crowe movies anymore?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #115 on: March 26, 2014, 07:35:35 PM »

Was reading a news story about the new film NOAH, and the producer or writer or someone connected with the film was going on and on about how surprising it was that Hollywood had NEVER bothered to put the story of Noah's Ark on the big screen.

The rest of the story was about how various religous groups are objecting to the film because it takes some liberty with the story. I am guessing these people have seen very, very few film versions of Biblical stories! LOL!

PARAMOUNT and ARONOFSKY would have had less objections had they named the film after the original, original story of Noah, THE EPIC OF GILGAMESH, which is the ancient Sumerian story upon which the biblical Noah is actually based.

I had a friend named Bart LaRue who, in the late 1960s or early 1970s, traveled to Turkey to search for the Ark on Mt. Ararat.  He didn't find it, but he made a documentary about it, which has been shown on television.
You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #116 on: March 26, 2014, 07:38:12 PM »

Just finished watching THE WOLF OF WALL STREET.

There was a lot that I liked about it; many individual scenes and the performances.  However, like most of Scorsese's movies, it was too long.  It would have been much more effective had it been 30-45 minutes shorter.
You can dream…or you can do.

John G.

« Reply #117 on: March 26, 2014, 07:47:20 PM »

For all you Most Happy Fella fans, here's an 11-minute clip with a few highlights from the show:

http://www.broadway.com/videos/155391/in-rehearsal-the-most-happy-fella-with-shuler-hensley-laura-benanti-cheyenne-jackson-more/#play

TCB, your favorite is in it, singing "Joey, Joey, Joey." And he's really good.
― Voltaire

Dan M

• Fish? Or, Abe Vigoda?
« Reply #118 on: March 26, 2014, 07:49:01 PM »

I had a friend named Bart LaRue who, in the late 1960s or early 1970s, traveled to Turkey to search for the Ark on Mt. Ararat.  He didn't find it, but he made a documentary about it, which has been shown on television.

DR Druxy, yes I believe that I have seen the documentary, which was something I looked forward to on The Late Late Show.  I liked Bart LaRue.  He had a very good voice and I think he made a couple of appearances on the original "Star Trek" series.

-- Edith Baines Bunker

Jennifer

« Reply #119 on: March 26, 2014, 07:50:15 PM »

It's for US customers only who bought e-books between April 2010 and May 2012 from the publishers: Hachette, Harper Collins, Simon & Schuster, Macmillan, and Penguin.  It has to do with the e-book antitrust settlement. Supposedly right before the Ipad went live those 5 publishers went to Apple to force amazon to raise the price of e-books (which they did).

Apparently the books that were on the NY Times best sellers list earned you $3.17/book while non-best sellers (from the 5 publishers) earned you .73/book.

Similarly B&N paid out based on the same amounts per book.

The 5 publishers paid the Department of Justice $166 million. So that is where the money is coming from.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up