Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: DINNER AND POSTMORTEM  (Read 8669 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
DINNER AND POSTMORTEM
« on: January 19, 2014, 12:26:17 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes spoke of dinner and the postmortem, and now it is time for you to post until the postmortem cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: DINNER AND POSTMORTEM
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 12:26:54 AM »

And the word of the day is: BOSKY!

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 01:52:45 AM »

I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

FJL

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 03:24:06 AM »

In the "Leave it to Diva" department  :)  - Milla had to unfortunately bow out of the Midwinter Madness festival in last week of February (I gather shw has a movie in March, not sure how that factored in).  Then, since the director Michael Ormond was really doing the show especially to work with Milla (I knew that factoid, they'd had a great success together on The Crucible at St. Bart's two months ago and were aching to work together again)  - he decided to step aside.

There's a wonderful performer who will likely step in for Milla, but finding a director for the 30-minute piece at such closeness in time has been tough.  (It seems directors book much farther in advance than this.  If anyone here or reading here has any ideas...  or even anyone reading here who would want to talk about maybe doing it, please message me or contact me on the blog.

Here's the info on the show
http://music-and-comedy.blogspot.com/2014/01/info-about-our-one-act-parody-musical.html
(likely rehearsing between Feb. 10 and 24)

« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 05:59:44 AM by FJL »

Ben

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 03:29:38 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 04:04:55 AM »

What a shame, DR FJL.

~ ~ ~ SUPER-STRENGTH VIBES ~ ~ ~ for a quick and successful resolution of your dilemma!
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

FJL

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 04:53:23 AM »

What a shame, DR FJL.

~ ~ ~ SUPER-STRENGTH VIBES ~ ~ ~ for a quick and successful resolution of your dilemma!

Thanks so much, David!   

Sorry if I made a passion play of it, I'll go re-word to calm it down - but LOL - more like a pain in the neck, since their names were already in the advertising and that's hard to pull back.   And the change happened just two days after the casting was made public, though it had been in place for a month.  And Milla does seem to have a nice loyal following that we'd aimed toward in publicizing, which would have been more than great with the number of seats to fill (55 seats, 3 perfs)

On the other hand - Much better to know five weeks in advance than closer to the date, of course.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 05:02:28 AM by FJL »

Ginny

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 05:49:22 AM »

Sunday morning greetings!  By 6:30am, Richard and I were both well on our way to being ready to leave for Lima when he received a text message from the senior warden at church.  Their exchange eventually resulted in cancellation for today, so we're all dressed up with nowhere to go.  Personally, I thought the call should have been made last night...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ChasSmith

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2014, 05:53:42 AM »

ChasSmith

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2014, 05:54:28 AM »

Good morning, all.

Coffee and hot fresh cinnamon rolls.  yeah, baby.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2014, 06:35:59 AM »

Good morning, all!  I slept well, except for a very peculiar paranormal experience somewhere in the middle of the night: I awoke and became aware of rustling, shuffling sounds of some sort, and the apartment seemed filled with people, as if I were in the middle of a crowd at a very quiet party. It rattled me, because my first reaction was, I'm dying and my family's come for me; the same things happened in the days before my mother's and father's deaths. My dad reported that the room was filled with angels, and my mother was talking to her dead family members. So, after determining I wasn't dying, I rolled over and went back to sleep.

I need to make a short market run, and then I will spend the day on the choral arrangement, part deux. I think I m now happy with part un.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

KevinH

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2014, 06:55:04 AM »

Good morning!

KevinH

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2014, 06:57:27 AM »

Well, I finally saw The Book of Mormon.  I'm glad I saw it and I'm also glad I didn't pay full price.  It's very funny but unbelievably crude, as I had heard.  The actors, especially the two leads, were great.  It's not a show I'd want to see again.

KevinH

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2014, 06:59:11 AM »

I also saw the new musical version of The Bridges of Madison County, which I loved.  Kelli O'Hara was just great as was the rest of the cast.  And I really liked the music.  I think I'll be getting the CD of the cast recording.

FJL

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2014, 07:05:37 AM »

Hugh Jackman coming back to Broadway in a Jez Butterworth play "THE RIVER" next year. Will premium prices finally go over $500?

To celebrate:  I updated "I Raid My Keogh" to tune of "I Go To Rio" (sung by Jan Horvath)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7UReYZx2wI

Ben

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2014, 07:10:15 AM »

Well, I finally saw The Book of Mormon.  I'm glad I saw it and I'm also glad I didn't pay full price.  It's very funny but unbelievably crude, as I had heard.  The actors, especially the two leads, were great.  It's not a show I'd want to see again.

Hey, Kevin, glad to hear you finally got to see the show. I'm think I'm with you on this one. I saw it through the lottery just after it opened in 2011. While I think it's very funny and was extremely well done I don't need to see it again and I don't think of it in the pantheon of "great musicals"

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2014, 07:31:45 AM »

Hey, Kevin, glad to hear you finally got to see the show. I'm think I'm with you on this one. I saw it through the lottery just after it opened in 2011. While I think it's very funny and was extremely well done I don't need to see it again and I don't think of it in the pantheon of "great musicals"

Ditto from me! I'm amazed it's done as well as it has. I laughed and was happy it moved so quickly, but it's like the talking turd in SOUTH PARK: it's crude and raunchy, but not particularly something I care about nor wish to see again. I also found the musical arrangements better than the music.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Kerry

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2014, 07:45:02 AM »

Good morning!  This looks to be a lovely Sunday.  Well, a semi-lovely Sunday.
I like boat races.

ChasSmith

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2014, 07:57:27 AM »

Good morning!  This looks to be a lovely Sunday.  Well, a semi-lovely Sunday.

Beware of what follows even a semi-lovely Sunday, DR Kerry.

KevinH

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2014, 09:00:40 AM »

Nice to see we're in agreement, DRs Ben and elmore!

Oh, I almost forgot.  After I won the lottery, the next winners were a family of four.  The two children were approximately 6 and 8. They were so excited to win and I was wondering why the children would be so thrilled since they naturally would not be going to the show.  Well, two hours later when I got to my seat there were the two children, no parents in sight!  I couldn't believe it.  The usher kept coming over and talking to them and mentioned they had seen the show before!!  I was shocked that the parents would let them see the show, not to mention they were by themselves (which I wouldn't do for any show)!  I have to say they were very well behaved.  I suppose some of the language went over their heads but there are also some graphic visuals!! 

Laura

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2014, 09:44:16 AM »

Oh my dear Kevin. I am afraid that the language did not go over the children's heads. In fact, I'm pretty sure they could have explained anything you didn't understand.
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

Laura

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2014, 09:44:27 AM »

Good morning.
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2014, 10:20:06 AM »

Page one?  Really?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2014, 10:20:31 AM »

I was up at seven, wrote some stuff down, and then fell back asleep around nine and am now up.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2014, 10:56:17 AM »

This is ridiculous! Where is everyone?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2014, 10:56:33 AM »

Time for a bit of a frenzy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2014, 10:56:50 AM »

Or two.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2014, 10:57:14 AM »

Before i get back to the choral arrangement.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2014, 10:57:46 AM »

I took a break to edit a few Facebook photos.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2014, 10:57:59 AM »

And take us to page 2.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up