Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: MUMBLY-PEG  (Read 8268 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: MUMBLY-PEG
« Reply #120 on: September 11, 2013, 05:28:29 PM »

My favorite was the apple:

Jane

« Reply #121 on: September 11, 2013, 05:29:08 PM »

Keith's favorite was the Dutch Baby:

FJL

« Reply #122 on: September 11, 2013, 05:28:27 PM »

Question -

"The Popular Song" dance - Addams family style video - it breaks into "Popular" from WICKED around 0:50

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmcdLOjGVzw

Does this count as a Broadway song "charting" - it's on Ariana Grande's album which is #1 this week.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 06:08:24 PM by FJL »

Jane

« Reply #123 on: September 11, 2013, 05:30:01 PM »

They were so big we began sharing one or the other, mostly the Dutch Baby.

We don't go anymore as they really are not the healthiest of meals.

ChasSmith

« Reply #124 on: September 11, 2013, 05:32:56 PM »

Yes, it's Sunday morning/afternoon lines that are the killer.  And yes, the apple pancake was it for me then.  Today I had the buckwheat pancakes.  Incredible.  And the bacon.  When this place says "thick sliced", they mean it.  Incredible bacon.

Jane

« Reply #125 on: September 11, 2013, 05:33:22 PM »

I figured since I managed 5 days without the internet, except for a brief stop in a coffee shop that was too hot to stay in, I can manage until 2:00pm tomorrow.  I'm curious if not connecting to the internet really prevents the library from removing a book.

Jane

« Reply #126 on: September 11, 2013, 05:35:54 PM »

Yes, it's Sunday morning/afternoon lines that are the killer.  And yes, the apple pancake was it for me then.  Today I had the buckwheat pancakes.  Incredible.  And the bacon.  When this place says "thick sliced", they mean it.  Incredible bacon.

We never had the bacon but everything we had was the best.  Craig who doesn't like pancakes likes their 49'er Flap Jacks as they are extra thin.

Kate

« Reply #127 on: September 11, 2013, 05:35:24 PM »

Yes, The Original Pancake house is the Best!

Kate

« Reply #128 on: September 11, 2013, 05:37:20 PM »

DR Bruce,

I truly mean it when I say I just love Benjamin Kritzer!  I am now ready to begin Kritzer Time.
I am truly addicted to your books!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 05:40:35 PM by Kate »

FJL

« Reply #129 on: September 11, 2013, 05:38:48 PM »

I figured since I managed 5 days without the internet, except for a brief stop in a coffee shop that was too hot to stay in, I can manage until 2:00pm tomorrow.  I'm curious if not connecting to the internet really prevents the library from removing a book.

When I was at my parents', I was internet-less for close to three days.  (I did have email, though.)

Kate

« Reply #130 on: September 11, 2013, 05:41:15 PM »

Goodbye for Now!

FJL

« Reply #131 on: September 11, 2013, 05:48:12 PM »

Bye, Kate.  Always fun hearing what's going on.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #132 on: September 11, 2013, 05:48:50 PM »

Question -

"The Popular Song" dance - Addams family style video - it breaks into "Popular" from WICKED around 0:50

Does this count as a Broadway song "charting" (it reached #11 as a single, the album it's on is #1 this week)

Probably not officially.  It's not the actual "Popular" song from the Wicked soundtrack (spoo!) cast album.  But thanks for posting it!  I love Mika and hadn't thought about his music videos in quite a while. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #133 on: September 11, 2013, 05:56:10 PM »

I wish they would also post Brent singing "The Road You Didn't Take" if they have it.

I was just going to post the same thing!  Thanks for the other great clips, DR KevinH!
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

FJL

« Reply #134 on: September 11, 2013, 06:32:51 PM »

Question -

Does this count as a Broadway song "charting" (it reached #11 as a single, the album it's on is #1 this week)

Probably not officially.  It's not the actual "Popular" song from the Wicked soundtrack (spoo!) cast album.  But thanks for posting it!  I love Mika and hadn't thought about his music videos in quite a while. :D

Here's his fascinating GRACE KELLY video from about six years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CGVgAYJyjk

George

« Reply #135 on: September 11, 2013, 06:38:26 PM »

Question -

Here's his fascinating GRACE KELLY video from about six years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CGVgAYJyjk

He certainly can sing and he's just so damned cute! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #136 on: September 11, 2013, 07:01:17 PM »

When I was at my parents', I was internet-less for close to three days.  (I did have email, though.)

Not only

I could have used my brother's computer but preferred not to.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: September 11, 2013, 07:17:19 PM »

Read more chapters of Dark Market - the chapters are really short, and I like that.  I mean like three pages.  Arrests are being made - and I REALLY like that!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #138 on: September 11, 2013, 07:35:58 PM »

Watching the rest of "Smash-Up" with Susan Hayward. She has a lullaby in the picture, "Hushabye Island," that lyrically has the feel of "Hushabye Mountain."
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #139 on: September 11, 2013, 08:20:18 PM »

Good night, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #140 on: September 11, 2013, 08:29:11 PM »

Just had a one-hour telephonic conversation with Mr. Nick Redman - 2015 is going to be a VERY wonderful year for Blu-ray collectors and that's all I'm sayin'.

George

« Reply #141 on: September 11, 2013, 09:01:24 PM »

Well, it's past time for me to leave work.  So, I'm leaving.

Be back later!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #142 on: September 11, 2013, 10:23:33 PM »

DR TCB:  I've often wondered why Penny-O didn't post here more than she does.  And now I know.  It's because people confuse you with her.

I know, Ron, it is strange.  But I am sure she gets tired of people running up to her and screaming, "TCB!  TCB!"  Thank goodness she doesn't go into gay bars.  It is bad enough that she has to deal with all those theater people.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #143 on: September 11, 2013, 10:48:53 PM »

I was doing a production of THE ODD COUPLE on 9/11/01.....all state employees were given the option of leaving at 2 p.m. - which I did.  The first radio reports of a plane crash into the WTC were vague - it may have been an accident.  After the second crash, one of the managers brought a tv into an office and we watched CNN.  They replayed the second plane several times.  And seeing it was so much more horrifying than just hearing about it on the radio.

We had a pick up rehearsal that night - and some people didn't come.  We seriously considered postponing the show for a week - but decided to let the show go on.  The people in the audience could decide if they wanted to come....

Our audiences were most appreciative and they all talked to us after the show and told us how grateful they were that we went on with the show.  In his curtain speech, the director asked for a moment of silence....

It was very difficult - but you do what you have to do.

We were in a similar situation.  I was finally getting my shot at playing Sheridan Whiteside in THE MAN WHO CAME TO DINNER.  We were set to preview on the 13 and open on the 14.  We, also went ahead on schedule, and the artistic director gave a nice curtain speech every night about laughter being a way to combat the pain of tragedy.  The houses were small for the entire run, and even though there was laughter, it never was what we hoped.  It was tough going out and being silly when our hearts were so torn by what happened.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #144 on: September 11, 2013, 10:52:06 PM »

DR TCB, I keep meaning to ask if the 3 Stooges movie you have been waiting to release on DVD is HAVE ROCKET, WILL TRAVEL?

And if it is, it has been out now on the big 3 Stooges set that was released about a year ago, or so. It is also available more recently on its own.

Thanks Mike.  I had given up looking for it to be released.  I will order it first thing tomorrow.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #145 on: September 11, 2013, 10:54:47 PM »

Page five?  Really?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #146 on: September 11, 2013, 10:59:49 PM »

I'm waiting for my matzoh ball soup to heat up; that's tonight's dinner, with some potato salad.

Elmore, does Artie's have good potato salad.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #147 on: September 11, 2013, 11:45:45 PM »

Well...

George

« Reply #148 on: September 11, 2013, 11:45:53 PM »

...since...

George

« Reply #149 on: September 11, 2013, 11:46:00 PM »

...we're so close...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up