Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE GREAT ESCAPE  (Read 11128 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: THE GREAT ESCAPE
« Reply #120 on: May 08, 2013, 01:30:14 PM »

I do know that I've had friends who said he waited too long to do more testing, but knowing this, I can always insist if I think he should keep it moving. 

That is such a difficult call & there have been times I felt testing should have been done sooner & other times when waiting was best.  From your description, and results, so far it sounds like the right call. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #121 on: May 08, 2013, 01:33:51 PM »

I agree

Jane

« Reply #122 on: May 08, 2013, 01:37:51 PM »

That she ate anything after a trip to the vet is a good sign. 

Your vet's approach is a logical one & a break from the lactulose should help her stomach feel better.  How is her limp?

The limp has been gone for days.  The antibiotics worked on that. So it likely was an infection under the skin, which she would get if a claw pierced her skin.  The vet said if you don't get it in time it becomes an abscess,  I'm REALLY glad we got that in time. 

Good.  I wasn't sure if the limp had come back with the stomach problems.  It really does sound like the meds are the issue now.  Poor baby.  She should feel better soon.

Yes, but the problem at this point is she's throwing up the meds she's been on for years

Triggered by the antibiotic.  I think you mentioned you aren't going anywhere for awhile which is good.  I know you will be watching her very carefully while you get her back into balance.  I don't know what drugs the doctor is thinking of instead of, or in combination with Lactulose.  It is a great drug, however.....sigh...Bogie eventually didn't want it anymore.  I like that this doctor might have other options for you which could including reducing the lactulose dosage.

HUGS AND VIBES CUZ WE HURT SO MUCH WHEN OUR BABIES AREN'T FEELING WELL.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #123 on: May 08, 2013, 01:40:20 PM »

It is all that and more DR JOHN G.  My favorite moment is when the television news man starts talking directly to Allison and addressing her personal problems....as so often happens, don't you know.....
Well, it happens to me. Perhaps that's why I stopped watching TV>
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #124 on: May 08, 2013, 01:45:48 PM »

DEAREST ENEMY is mixed and ready for New World Records, and it's going to be good.

I just scheduled a Toyland piano tuning for Monday, and I am ready to relax. But first, I need to schedule a haircut.
Good news! Now about that left foot ...

How's it doing?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #125 on: May 08, 2013, 01:46:42 PM »

More Callie vibes.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #126 on: May 08, 2013, 01:49:27 PM »

DR Cilla have you seen this commercial? :-\

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NFzEW8rSWc&feature=share

Cillaliz

« Reply #127 on: May 08, 2013, 01:49:55 PM »

GUILTY MUDER 1 !!!   I'm normally cheering for the defense, but she deserved this one

Cillaliz

« Reply #128 on: May 08, 2013, 01:51:20 PM »

Jane

« Reply #129 on: May 08, 2013, 01:51:55 PM »

:)

Cillaliz

« Reply #130 on: May 08, 2013, 01:52:06 PM »

Continued thanks for the vibes.  One day at a time.   

Jennifer

« Reply #131 on: May 08, 2013, 01:52:43 PM »

I am a big fan of Y&R and have watched for years. So I'm very sad about Jeanne Cooper. :(

Jennifer

« Reply #132 on: May 08, 2013, 01:53:31 PM »

DR Jane re: THE MENTALIST.

I also found the season finale to be very good. I loved the ending. Very well done. Loved it!

Cillaliz

« Reply #133 on: May 08, 2013, 01:53:58 PM »

OK, I'm headed home. Have to watch the post trial stuff

DR Laura and JRand.  Next is the aggravation phase where the state proves aggravators, like how heinous the crime was.   They can introduce evidence that wasn't relevant during the guilt phase.  Then we go to trial number 3, the penalty phase.  I'm guessing all that will take about a week.  They are starting it tomorrow

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #134 on: May 08, 2013, 01:56:04 PM »

Yup Guilty of First Degree.....

Seven votes for First Degree - Premeditated and Five Votes First Degree Premeditation and Felony
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Cillaliz

« Reply #135 on: May 08, 2013, 01:56:06 PM »

I called mom as soon as the verdict was reached.  Her comment was "Well, I don't want her put to sleep, but she shouldn't ever get out of jail".   I actually don't believe in the death penalty, but it sounds so nice when you call it "putting someone to sleep"

Jane

« Reply #136 on: May 08, 2013, 01:56:26 PM »

LOL!!!
GUILTY MUDER 1 !!!   I'm normally cheering for the defense, but she deserved this one

The range of sentencing possibilities is amazing, anywhere from 4 years to death.  Any idea what the jury will decide?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #137 on: May 08, 2013, 01:56:38 PM »

Yup.....hoping for a quick wind up for this DR CILLA LIZ......
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

« Reply #138 on: May 08, 2013, 01:56:49 PM »

I called mom as soon as the verdict was reached.  Her comment was "Well, I don't want her put to sleep, but she shouldn't ever get out of jail".   I actually don't believe in the death penalty, but it sounds so nice when you call it "putting someone to sleep"

;D

John G.

« Reply #139 on: May 08, 2013, 02:01:13 PM »

I called mom as soon as the verdict was reached.  Her comment was "Well, I don't want her put to sleep, but she shouldn't ever get out of jail".   I actually don't believe in the death penalty, but it sounds so nice when you call it "putting someone to sleep"

Your mom's comment made me snort. And I agree.
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #140 on: May 08, 2013, 02:03:27 PM »

DEAREST ENEMY is mixed and ready for New World Records, and it's going to be good.

Cool!  Can't wait to hear it!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #141 on: May 08, 2013, 02:04:42 PM »

LOL!!!
GUILTY MUDER 1 !!!   I'm normally cheering for the defense, but she deserved this one

The range of sentencing possibilities is amazing, anywhere from 4 years to death.  Any idea what the jury will decide?

Only 4 years?  That's the minimum?  Interesting.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #142 on: May 08, 2013, 02:15:05 PM »

Out in 4 years for self defense.  I doubt that will happen.

Laura

« Reply #143 on: May 08, 2013, 02:56:36 PM »

I was out all morning in the desert with The Botonist (a new recurring character) so I didn't know anything until I got in the car and heard on the radio that a verdict had been reached and was going to be read within minutes. I tried to listen, but the radio time-killing chatter was too much for me. So I turned it off and turned it back on about a half hour later.

My opinion: I think the jury should only be charged with deciding guilt or innocence and the judge should decide the sentence. My concern is that the jurors would go through the rest of their lives feeling bad about handing down the death sentence. I also don't think the jurors should have to listen to the grisly stuff that is going to come next. They've been through enough.
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

Jane

« Reply #144 on: May 08, 2013, 02:57:46 PM »

I agree with you Laura.

Jane

« Reply #145 on: May 08, 2013, 02:58:46 PM »

I'm surprised they didn't have to state guilty to what degree from the beginning.

MBarnum

« Reply #146 on: May 08, 2013, 03:05:51 PM »

Regarding the above comments on Bone and The Mentalist...are there any shows that you still watch, or stopped watching, that you feel have run their course?

I am starting to feel this way about MODERN FAMILY. It is a wonderful show, but this season just doesn't seem "right" somehow. Maybe it is because the kids in the cast are growing up, and they don't seem as funny as they once were? And some comedy just seems to be a bit forced.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #147 on: May 08, 2013, 03:20:26 PM »

I was out all morning in the desert with The Botonist (a new recurring character) so I didn't know anything until I got in the car and heard on the radio that a verdict had been reached and was going to be read within minutes. I tried to listen, but the radio time-killing chatter was too much for me. So I turned it off and turned it back on about a half hour later.

My opinion: I think the jury should only be charged with deciding guilt or innocence and the judge should decide the sentence. My concern is that the jurors would go through the rest of their lives feeling bad about handing down the death sentence. I also don't think the jurors should have to listen to the grisly stuff that is going to come next. They've been through enough.

DR Laura, don't you suspect that by now the jurors have seen 99% of the grisly stuff besides hearing  about it?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #148 on: May 08, 2013, 03:28:35 PM »

Regarding the above comments on Bone and The Mentalist...are there any shows that you still watch, or stopped watching, that you feel have run their course?

I am starting to feel this way about MODERN FAMILY. It is a wonderful show, but this season just doesn't seem "right" somehow. Maybe it is because the kids in the cast are growing up, and they don't seem as funny as they once were? And some comedy just seems to be a bit forced.

While I have found MODERN FAMILY a bit uneven this year I'm nowhere near ready to give it up.  There are still some very funny episode.  Speaking of unevenness, same goes for MIKE AND MOLLY which had an excellent episode on this week.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #149 on: May 08, 2013, 03:29:17 PM »

I watch "Warehouse 13", but last season's finale was very Artie-centric, and the first episode this season tried to resolve it.  Artie is a good character, but he's not sufficiently interesting in large doses as he trends to be abrasive.

Then there is "Grimm".  I know it's harsh, but I'm really quite tired of Juliet, girlfriend of the Grimm.  And this season has worn me down with the will she-won't she remember him well enough to remember she loved him and wanted to marry him.   I really like most of the other supporting characters.  The writers didn't do Juliet any favors, though, and there seems to be very little, if any, chemistry between the actress and leading man David Giuntoli.

I've also cut way, way back on "Criminal Minds", watching only if there is nothing else to grab my interest.  My reason is this season's maddeningly graphic violence as they establish the crime the BAU is going to investigate.  I can stand most of the actors (I miss Page Brewster), but Kirsten Vangsness gets on my last nerve and the patter between her character and Shemar Moore (and his calling her "Baby Girl" all the Time) really invites my sneers.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up