Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BIG SCARY MOMENT  (Read 10560 times)

Jrand74

• Rosemary's Baby
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: THE BIG SCARY MOMENT
« Reply #90 on: January 19, 2012, 12:02:57 PM »

Hmmmm......why has my payment to an EBAY seller been put on hold until January 26, even though my card was charged on January 6, when I paid it?
....it has an undertaste.....

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #91 on: January 19, 2012, 12:48:42 PM »

I was just sent this DVD to review:

NUDE NUNS WITH BIG GUNS

I kid you not.

So you think it will be up for Best Picture at this year's Oscars?

::)

You can dream…or you can do.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #92 on: January 19, 2012, 01:27:07 PM »

:o

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #93 on: January 19, 2012, 01:51:05 PM »

You heard it here first:  the new BD of TO KILL A MOCKINBIRD is luminous.  And I don't mind admitting I was crying (again) at the end.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #94 on: January 19, 2012, 02:11:05 PM »

Good morning, all! I had a very long night's sleep and I believe it has restored my good spirits and equilibrium. I have quite a bit of work here, and around noon I will wander down to the NYPL at Lincoln Center for a brief visit.

That's my day.

I have to begin my taxes, too.

That's a good way to ruin your good mood.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #95 on: January 19, 2012, 02:12:57 PM »

Sadly my local HMV store is closing down this week. The company is struggling and one wonders whether they will be trading at all in the UK by the end of the year. I mainly visit there massive store in Oxford Street and I would hate to see that disappear.

What is a HMV store?
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #96 on: January 19, 2012, 02:16:06 PM »

Good Afternoon!

I had a wonderful lunch at the historic Crown Candy Kitchen: Chili Tamale & the Crown Sundae (Hot Fudge and Caramel Sauces!). And then I walked around St. Louis' Citygarden for a while. What a beautiful public space, park!
Make Your Own Luck.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #97 on: January 19, 2012, 02:17:06 PM »

I was just sent this DVD to review:

NUDE NUNS WITH BIG GUNS

I kid you not.

So you think it will be up for Best Picture at this year's Oscars?

::)

A title to rival "Surf Nazis Must Die," "Avocado Women in the Cannibal Jungle of Death" and "The Gore Gore Girls."

Sounds like a winner!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #98 on: January 19, 2012, 02:18:57 PM »

And now I'm back in my hotel room taking a little break before my friend, Chris, comes to pick me up in a bit. We're going to grab some dinner, and then I'm going to watch him portray "Jules" and "Bob Greenberg" in SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE at The Rep. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #99 on: January 19, 2012, 02:23:08 PM »

Sadly my local HMV store is closing down this week. The company is struggling and one wonders whether they will be trading at all in the UK by the end of the year. I mainly visit there massive store in Oxford Street and I would hate to see that disappear.

What is a HMV store?

DR TCB - HMV (His Master's Voice) is a record/entertainment store chain in London - which used to have some branches in the States.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMV_Group

I miss the HMV stores in NYC. They would always have a great selection of cast albums, and their Classical store on the UWS was a great place to browse. It was a much saner alternative to Tower Records.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #100 on: January 19, 2012, 02:26:27 PM »

Betsy has been rescued by a co-worker.  She slid her debit card through the crack between the door and the jamb and the co-worker slid it in the reader outside and the door unlocked.

Did Betsy's co-worker not have a debit or credit card of her own to use? -I guess her co-worker could have left her purse/his wallet at his/her desk.
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #101 on: January 19, 2012, 02:27:42 PM »

As for the Topic of the Day (The Appendix)...

If you want to include the computer "brains" in keyboards, sound modules and synthesizers, well...

When I was doing CHILDREN OF EDEN at Ford's Theatre, there was a random bug where the "tinkly" sound we used for that little "Spark of Creation" ripple-motif that appears througout the score would just go to full "velocity", volume, from time to time. Of course, the first time it happened was when Stephen Schwartz came to see the show. :-\

*The only way I found to fix it, was the dump (erase) the set-ups, and re-program the sounds. That took a good afternoon.

When I was MDing the NW premiere of Putting it Together, I had a keyboard with a disc drive that I programmed the Key II part into (the company couldn't afford two keyboard players--what else is new?).  That part worked swimmingly, but one night during Act II, I believe it was in the relatively quiet Night Music sequence, the damned metronome just went off all by itself, dinging along.  The problem was, my band was onstage, up on huge platforms, and my mad scramble to fix the issue could be seen by everyone.

To top it off the Nazi Stage Manager (technical term) came back and read us the riot act after the show, as if we had done it on purpose.  Not a good move--I gave it to her but good in front of the cast, and everyone supported the band.

...And then there was that night at Signature Theatre during the run of PASSION - in fact, I think it was the Press Night - where in the middle of one of the transitions, my keyboard died. Well, actually all the power to the pit died. Someone had tripped over the power supply to the pit and pulled the plug from the wall. Thankfully, the strings and woodwinds were able to keep playing, but it did take a few very long seconds to figure out what had happened. I still remember moving my fingers on the keyboard even though I knew it had powered down. Thankfully, everything was back up in time for the next solo(!) keyboard(harpsichord) entrance.

-But I guess that was more of human error than a computer one. ;)

That reminds me of the matinee of GUYS AND DOLLS when just as the intro was starting for me on MORE I CANNOT WISH YOU the power to the pit died doing away with all the microphones they were using, plus the electronic keyboard.  So I just started singing (fortunately in tune) and the problem got fixed after I finished my song.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #102 on: January 19, 2012, 02:47:58 PM »

Does anyone remember the TV episode where Jill Goodacre got trapped in an ATM lobby with one of the guys from FRIENDS?
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #103 on: January 19, 2012, 02:54:25 PM »

Good Afternoon!

I had a wonderful lunch at the historic Crown Candy Kitchen: Chili Tamale & the Crown Sundae (Hot Fudge and Caramel Sauces!). And then I walked around St. Louis' Citygarden for a while. What a beautiful public space, park!

:)

I have never been to St. Louis. 

Jane

« Reply #104 on: January 19, 2012, 02:55:39 PM »

Does anyone remember the TV episode where Jill Goodacre got trapped in an ATM lobby with one of the guys from FRIENDS?

;D

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #105 on: January 19, 2012, 03:00:00 PM »

What is a HMV store?

DR TCB - HMV (His Master's Voice) is a record/entertainment store chain in London - which used to have some branches in the States.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMV_Group

I miss the HMV stores in NYC. They would always have a great selection of cast albums, and their Classical store on the UWS was a great place to browse. It was a much saner alternative to Tower Records.
I miss both HMV and Tower when I get to New York. Shopping at Barnes & Noble there just isn't the same. I can do that here in San Antonio or online. Shopping in New York used to be a unique experience, with stores you couldn't find anywhere else. Why would I want to go to New York to shop at a Target or Bed Bath & Beyond?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #106 on: January 19, 2012, 03:01:41 PM »

DR Jennifer I just watched the opening scene of UNFORGETTABLE & Nicolette is in it. :)  Thanks for the link.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #107 on: January 19, 2012, 03:02:00 PM »

As Robert Osbourne reminded me last night, it was only three years between THE WORLD OF HENRY ORIENT and HENRY, SWEET HENRY.  What other musical adaptions had as short or shorter time spans from their source movie/play/etc.?

Sorry, but Ask BK questions are not allowed on Thursday.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #108 on: January 19, 2012, 03:11:40 PM »

I wish TCB would stop hogging all the precipitation and send some down south to California.

Seattle...can it be seen at all during flyovers or is it just a field of white?

What will you pay me for a couple of inches of moisture?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #109 on: January 19, 2012, 03:19:49 PM »

Our winter storm from yesterday, which had turned into an ice storm today; was expected to be gone by this afternoon.  Instead, another storm has arrived on top of the other storm, and now we are back to snow.  I just called and cancelled my doctor appointment for tomorrow that I need to have before I can schedule my surgery.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #110 on: January 19, 2012, 03:20:42 PM »

Our winter storm from yesterday, which had turned into an ice storm today; was expected to be gone by this afternoon.  Instead, another storm has arrived on top of the other storm, and now we are back to snow.  I just called and cancelled my doctor appointment for tomorrow that I need to have before I can schedule my surgery.

Oh, and almost 200,000 homes are without power.
“One thing’s universal,

Jennifer

« Reply #111 on: January 19, 2012, 03:21:37 PM »

DR Jane, I've seen all of the episodes of UNFORGETTABLE. But it was a repeat this week. Was she on last week? I don't remember a character by the name you listed. What was her role?

The episode is Brotherhood which aired here on Jan. 12th.

This is the actress.http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2325775/
I've known her mother since she was around ten.  I met her uncle in 10th grade on the same day I met Keith.

I remember the episode but not her. :(

Jennifer

« Reply #112 on: January 19, 2012, 03:23:08 PM »

DR Jennifer I just watched the opening scene of UNFORGETTABLE & Nicolette is in it. :)  Thanks for the link.

Can you remind me who her character was. I remember the episode.

Jennifer

« Reply #113 on: January 19, 2012, 03:23:27 PM »

We have HMV here too. In fact there is a big one at the mall 5 minutes from where i live!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #114 on: January 19, 2012, 03:49:44 PM »

Outside of my window, there is a very tiny little bird sitting in the tree.  He (or she) is not a hummming bird, so I have no idea what kind of bird it might be.  He seems quite comfortable except he must be a little cold, since it is only 30 degrees outside.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #115 on: January 19, 2012, 03:50:18 PM »

Can't you book the surgery date prior to approval?  It seems to me the doctor appointment should be closer to the surgery date.

Jane

« Reply #116 on: January 19, 2012, 03:51:30 PM »

DR Jane, I've seen all of the episodes of UNFORGETTABLE. But it was a repeat this week. Was she on last week? I don't remember a character by the name you listed. What was her role?

The episode is Brotherhood which aired here on Jan. 12th.

This is the actress.http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2325775/
I've known her mother since she was around ten.  I met her uncle in 10th grade on the same day I met Keith.

SPOILER:

She was with her boyfriend in the bottom of the bunk bed when the body fell off the top bunk.

I remember the episode but not her. :(

Jane

« Reply #117 on: January 19, 2012, 03:52:00 PM »

DR TCB I'm glad you have not lost power.

Jane

Jane

« Reply #119 on: January 19, 2012, 04:03:56 PM »

Super Bowl commercial teaser, dogs barking the Darth Vader's "Imperial March."
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/dogs-bark-darth-vader-theme-volkswagon-super-bowl-203157640.html
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up