Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: WHY I DON'T LIKE PANTYHOSE  (Read 11541 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re: WHY I DON'T LIKE PANTYHOSE
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2012, 09:54:33 AM »

What I think will be interesting is to see if Streep once again snatches the Oscar from the grasping hands of Glenn Close, who is in overdrive to win this year for ALBERT NOBBS.

Once again?  Streep has never won an Oscar in a year when Close was nominated.  If they are both nominated and Streep wins, it will be the first time.

I must have misremembered--I thought there was a year Meryl won against Glenn.  I do think Glenn probably considers herself "runner up" to Meryl in the "greatest actress of her generation" sweepstakes.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2012, 09:55:00 AM »

Who would win in a boxing match:  Streep or Close?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2012, 09:57:26 AM »

How about Bea Arthur vs Mary Tyler Moore (circa 1975?)
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JMK

« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2012, 09:58:00 AM »

What I truly can't believe is that there seems to be a Best Picture groundswell for BRIDESMAIDS (at least if you read Variety).  It was fun, but Best Picture?  Hardly.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2012, 09:58:10 AM »

How about The Munsters vs the Castaways in GILLIGAN'S ISLAND?
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2012, 10:00:39 AM »

What I truly can't believe is that there seems to be a Best Picture groundswell for BRIDESMAIDS (at least if you read Variety).  It was fun, but Best Picture?  Hardly.

Yeah, EW is pushing this one too, particularly for Kristen "Overrated" Wiig and Melissa McCarthy.  Feh!
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2012, 10:04:14 AM »

I have absolutely nothing that I *have* to do for the next seven weekends or so.  It's my cocooning time of the year. 
-- Anaïs Nin

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2012, 10:10:00 AM »

I wanna see Betty White and Cloris Leachman in a tagteam wrestling match with Roseanne and Brett Butler.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2012, 10:11:58 AM »

Oooof!  That would be brutal, DR John G.!  But I would plan a night around it.
-- Anaïs Nin

JMK

« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2012, 10:19:55 AM »

I wanna see Betty White and Cloris Leachman in a tagteam wrestling match with Roseanne and Brett Butler.

Cloris Leachman was unbelievably hilarious on the Bob Saget roast.  Did you see it?  Betsy and I still quote some of her lines.  "Would someone hit me in the head with a mallet so that I can see some f***ing stars?"  :)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2012, 10:30:52 AM »

From DR George:
No, Jeff is correct...well, at least that's not how our library works.  It will be checked in in the library's system.  The library doesn't get the check in information from your device, so you can keep the book (and be able to read it) for practically forever...as long as you don't turn on whatever wi-fi-type connection you have and relink with Amazon's system.

I usually return books early.  Next one I check out I will return after I read it & see if it stays on the Nook until I turn the wi-fi back on. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2012, 10:39:19 AM »

I'm up, have had the telephonic meeting and shall now finesse.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2012, 10:39:58 AM »

And a happy haineshisway.com birthday to tpunk, wherever she may be.

Jennifer

« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2012, 10:40:13 AM »

Why see "The Iron Lady"?

Simple!

MERYL STREEP!

And it's bound to be just as interesting, if not moreso, than "The Queen".  Why see "The Queen"?  Simple.  HELEN MIRREN.

I agree with DR Ron Pulliam.  A movie about Margaret Thatcher might not sound that great. But after seeing bits of Streep's performance ... well I'd like to see it just to see her.

Jennifer

« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2012, 10:40:43 AM »

Thanks so much BK. The HHW gift arrived.

Jane

« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2012, 10:42:37 AM »

DR TPunk,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2012, 10:42:39 AM »

Don't forget - after Finesse....use Stopette!  ;D
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2012, 10:43:40 AM »

I nearly had a fire in the kitchen. My grill pan caught fire as I was grilling a burger. I don't have an extinguisher in the house - maybe I should get one.

Maybe so.

Jane

« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2012, 10:45:39 AM »

RE: Miss Meryl Streep's movie in which she plays Margaret Thatcher......

Mr Darryl F. Zanuck produced WILSON - an BIG expensive movie about Woodrow Wilson.  They premiered it in Zanuck's hometown of Wahoo, Nebraska, with lots of stars in attendance.  The theatre was packed. 

The next day - NOTHING.   Zanuck asked why.....local man said:  "These people wouldn't pay a nickel to see Wilson alive, why would they pay twenty five cents to see a movie about him?"

And that's the way I feel about Margaret Thatcher......and sort of why I couldn't get into Frost/Nixon - I had seen it happen, why would I want to see two people pretending to be them?

I'm of the same mind. I never liked Ms Thatcher's politics so why would I want to see a film about her?

My friends & I went to a luncheon where she spoke & thought she was terrific.  Someplace I have her book she autographed for me.

Jane

« Reply #79 on: January 13, 2012, 10:48:13 AM »

DR Jane wrote:
I do but after my shoulder popped even holding the Nook was difficult.  Last night I put the Nook down & began my library book.

I have another large book on hold for me at the library.  I would read it on the Nook if it were available on eBooks.

Can you lean your nook against something? I often lean my kindle up against a kleenex box on my bed and put something heavier behind it. Then i don't even have to hold it! (I"m lazy but it might be good for your shoulder).

I am almost finished the Lisa Garnder ebook. Just 20% more (and i think a lot of that is a preview of the next book).

I need to read with books close to my face so I can see.  We have a nice book cover for it that helps balance it, except the other night when my shoulder was so bad when the nook slipped out of the cover I was not able to push it back in.

Jane

« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2012, 10:51:03 AM »

DR Jane wrote re: JMK taking a cruise
Speaking of cruises, Keith & I both think an Alaska cruise with your children would be a better than the Disney cruise.

I think it depends if you want warm weather or not. Personally with so much cold weather during the year i would 1000 times more rather take a warm cruise than visit Alaska (also depends on if Alaska interests them).

Nothing to do with the weather.  Our first cruise was the Disney on & there was much more to do on the Alaskan cruise.  Craig was in 2nd or 3rd grade & only remembers Nassau.  Mostly they played video games on the ship & were bored with the children's groups. 

Jane

« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2012, 10:53:40 AM »

I wrote:
Have you ever tried the netipot? They make one now that is just a squeezer. A lot of people i know who have sinus problems use this (i do, my sis does, her best friend does, her husband does). It really clears out your nasal passages!

DR Jane wrote:
Does it work better than the ones in the plastic bottles from the drug store?

What do those look like? I've only ever seen and used the one from the netipot company. But they are very good if you have a lot of sinus problems. I don't use mine all the time. Because my probs aren't as severe as my sis and her friend.

It's a big squeezy bottle and you mix formula with boiled water (cooled down). You spray it up one nostril and it pours out the other.

Something like this: http://www.nextag.com/Neilmed-SinuFlo-Ready-Rinse-843315575/prices-html

It works the same only is pre-mixed for you.

Jane

« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2012, 10:54:13 AM »

DR George wrote: re; the ebook situation
No, Jeff is correct...well, at least that's not how our library works.  It will be checked in in the library's system.  The library doesn't get the check in information from your device, so you can keep the book (and be able to read it) for practically forever...as long as you don't turn on whatever wi-fi-type connection you have and relink with Amazon's system.

That is very interesting!

Although for most people not turning on the wifi is not an option. I see a few free books a week i want and like to download them right away.  Plus when i wake up and before bed i like to be able to check my email quickly instead of having to turn on the computer!

It won't bother me to not use the wi-fi, I'll read in bed instead. :)

John G.

« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2012, 10:57:58 AM »

Cloris Leachman was unbelievably hilarious on the Bob Saget roast.  Did you see it?  Betsy and I still quote some of her lines.  "Would someone hit me in the head with a mallet so that I can see some f***ing stars?"  :)
I once had the great good fortune of interviewing her by phone when she came to Albany touring in her one-woman Grandma Moses show. She gave me the option of the G-rated interview or the X-rated interview. Naturally, I opted for the latter and I still remember one or two of the jobs. I also remember laughing myself into tears for an entire half-hour without stopping and not being able to print a single thing she said. I just sort of shaped a story about her for the preview.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2012, 10:59:06 AM »

I wrote:
Have you ever tried the netipot? They make one now that is just a squeezer. A lot of people i know who have sinus problems use this (i do, my sis does, her best friend does, her husband does). It really clears out your nasal passages!

DR Jane wrote:
Does it work better than the ones in the plastic bottles from the drug store?

What do those look like? I've only ever seen and used the one from the netipot company. But they are very good if you have a lot of sinus problems. I don't use mine all the time. Because my probs aren't as severe as my sis and her friend.

It's a big squeezy bottle and you mix formula with boiled water (cooled down). You spray it up one nostril and it pours out the other.

Something like this: http://www.nextag.com/Neilmed-SinuFlo-Ready-Rinse-843315575/prices-html

It works the same only is pre-mixed for you.
I use the squeeze bottle, but the cedar pollen is so bad here that I couldn't force water through either nostril yesterday and only one partially this morning.
― Voltaire

JMK

« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2012, 11:22:40 AM »

I once had the great good fortune of interviewing her by phone when she came to Albany touring in her one-woman Grandma Moses show. She gave me the option of the G-rated interview or the X-rated interview. Naturally, I opted for the latter and I still remember one or two of the jobs. I also remember laughing myself into tears for an entire half-hour without stopping and not being able to print a single thing she said. I just sort of shaped a story about her for the preview.

I have it on good authority from someone who should know that Cloris was a rather infamous "party girl" back in the 1950's era when she was on Lassie.  I find it quite easy to believe.  ;)

John G.

« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2012, 11:53:10 AM »

I have it on good authority from someone who should know that Cloris was a rather infamous "party girl" back in the 1950's era when she was on Lassie.  I find it quite easy to believe.  ;)
She didn't on with Mel Brooks and gang for nothing.
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #87 on: January 13, 2012, 11:59:07 AM »

Thank you all for the good vibes last night and today.  Actually I am  feeling very positive about things today.  I am also writing out extensive (I first typed expensive) notes regarding the doctor appointments and tests over the last eight months.  If I come thru on the positive 50%, then I may just write a letter to the first doctor and the AMA.  If I end up on the negative side of 50, I will probably retain a lawyer.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 12:27:12 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2012, 12:00:37 PM »

I nearly had a fire in the kitchen. My grill pan caught fire as I was grilling a burger. I don't have an extinguisher in the house - maybe I should get one.

Ya think?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2012, 12:02:22 PM »

Continued hugs and vibes to TCB

Just to be on the safe side, do you think that you and Skip could work on a musical based on the TV series IRONSIDES?
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up