Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: IT'S A LONG, LONG, LONG, LONG FILM  (Read 16995 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: IT'S A LONG, LONG, LONG, LONG FILM
« Reply #150 on: July 10, 2011, 05:35:20 PM »

Page six!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #151 on: July 10, 2011, 05:48:45 PM »

Some things -- say for example, Vacation Bible School -- need to be planned and not thrown together the day before.

One would think so.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #152 on: July 10, 2011, 06:31:09 PM »

Has anyone seen my hose?

I am sure that a great many have had the pleasure!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #153 on: July 10, 2011, 06:34:49 PM »

Don't worry about the Kickstarter, BK, I just got a note from the investment broker for Bank H.Kong with a deal worth $15.5 million.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #154 on: July 10, 2011, 06:35:40 PM »

"I'll just go sit out in the car." Have fun. This is Phoenix. In July.

LOL....

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #155 on: July 10, 2011, 06:39:20 PM »

Ron Raines just called me to tell me that he'd heard that an old friend of mine, from the Houston Grand Opera BABES IN TOYLAND, whom I saw last week, has been diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's Disease. This is most distressing.

I also spent part of my afternoon listenng to the new release of the 1930 version of STRIKE UP THE BAND. My late friend Russell Warner's work is very good, and the recording is such an improvement over the old Roxbury recording of the original 1927 version. I think it's primarily because Bill Brohn's orchestrations on the 1991(?) recording sound nothing like a 1920s show. They're lovely but sound like they were written the day before he began scoring THE SECRET GARDEN, smacking much more of 1990 and 1927.

Comfort vibes for elmore's friend
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #156 on: July 10, 2011, 06:41:46 PM »

Vibes for DR Elmore's friend ~~~~~~~

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #157 on: July 10, 2011, 06:42:04 PM »

I am off to the meeting - I hope somebody knows where my TV/DVD combo player went - it was in the lobby until one day....it vanished....and also all of our gobos....

I hate it when my gobos vanish!

Considering the price of new Gobos, I would hate it, too.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #158 on: July 10, 2011, 06:44:26 PM »

I've had two friends perish from ALS--a horrible, horrible disease and one that needs to be cured ASAP.
I agree. I wrote about my former co-worker, Rich Brooks, who died earlier this year. And I always think of Michael Zaslow, who was once on "Guiding Light" and they fired him because he had it.

And there was that baseball player.  What was his name?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #159 on: July 10, 2011, 06:45:53 PM »

Laura, I've been called Son of Satan by too many church people for it to mean anything.

Years ago when I was Music Director on a cruiseline, I was being majorly hassled by a little boy who was literally coming up and pounding on the keyboard whilst his parents sat there and ate lunch, thinking it was so cute.  I finally launched into a quote from "Lullaby from 'Rosemary's Baby'", which amused me greatly.  As we were disembarking, a frail old lady came up to me and said (and this is NOT a joke):  "I haven't heard 'Rosemary's Baby' in years!!  I always preferred Claudine Longet's version to Mia Farrow's."  I was, as they say, gobsmacked.

I did, too.   I used to play Claudine's version on my radio program.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 07:00:36 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #160 on: July 10, 2011, 06:48:31 PM »

Since Friday, I've finished staining the garage, gone shopping and found patio rugs seriously on sale, that I got for the basement room and the deck.  I've painted the deck (even though the heat index was 103) and got a lot of the furniture back into the basement room.  I have a little yard work to do and a lot in the house, but now, if it rains, I don't care, don't make no difference to me....

Cillaliz

« Reply #161 on: July 10, 2011, 06:49:12 PM »

I'm really amazed I got all that done and still feel good. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #162 on: July 10, 2011, 06:49:22 PM »

Oh, and I baked oatmeal cookies.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #163 on: July 10, 2011, 06:51:01 PM »

I've had two friends perish from ALS--a horrible, horrible disease and one that needs to be cured ASAP.
I agree. I wrote about my former co-worker, Rich Brooks, who died earlier this year. And I always think of Michael Zaslow, who was once on "Guiding Light" and they fired him because he had it.

Ron knew Michael since they were both on GUIDING LIGHT, so he was telling me about hw horrible his death was.

Thank you for the vibes. Last week, on my way back from the dental clinic, I was walking to the post office at 23rd and Third Avenue, I ran smack into my friend who was heading to the hospital for more tests. He told me he would call, but he hasn't yet, I'm sure he's still devastated.

And then One Life To Live brought him back as the character he created (don't remember the name) and that character had ALS. I believe he worked on the show as long as he was able to. I believe it has been the only TV series to do that

There was an actress (Dakota would know her name) on DAYS OF OUR LIVES that was stricken with MS.  They wrote it in for the character, so she  could continue to play the role
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: July 10, 2011, 06:53:02 PM »

DR elmore I'm very sorry about your friend.

Thank you, Nursie!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #165 on: July 10, 2011, 06:55:49 PM »

;D
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #166 on: July 10, 2011, 06:56:09 PM »

Hi TCB (from yesterday)

:)
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #167 on: July 10, 2011, 06:58:03 PM »

We've had a nice dinner in the dining room that reminded us of Miami University's 1809 Room and we're now crashing for the night.  We're too tired and it's too hot for an outdoor performance of AS YOU LIKE IT.

I did AS YOU LIKE IT at the Seattle Center several summers ago.  I got the best review I had ever received from a Seattle newspaper.  They said, "TCB is an amazing find!"  I had only been acting about forty-some years at that point, but I accepted the review gracefully.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #168 on: July 10, 2011, 06:58:06 PM »

Ron Raines just called me to tell me that he'd heard that an old friend of mine, from the Houston Grand Opera BABES IN TOYLAND, whom I saw last week, has been diagnosed with Lou Gehrig's Disease. This is most distressing.

I also spent part of my afternoon listenng to the new release of the 1930 version of STRIKE UP THE BAND. My late friend Russell Warner's work is very good, and the recording is such an improvement over the old Roxbury recording of the original 1927 version. I think it's primarily because Bill Brohn's orchestrations on the 1991(?) recording sound nothing like a 1920s show. They're lovely but sound like they were written the day before he began scoring THE SECRET GARDEN, smacking much more of 1990 and 1927.

Comfort vibes for elmore's friend

Actually, thank you, everyone!

I decided to watch the 1979 BBC production of PRIDE AND PREJUDICE, which I haven'twatched in about 10 years, with a wonderful screenplay by novelist Fay Weldon. I still prefer the boson-heaving ultra-romantic Colin Firth-Jennifer Ehle version from the 1990s, but I'd forgotten how faithful this one is to Miss Austen, and there are some wonderful and very funny directorial surprises.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #169 on: July 10, 2011, 06:59:27 PM »

Since Friday, I've finished staining the garage, gone shopping and found patio rugs seriously on sale, that I got for the basement room and the deck.  I've painted the deck (even though the heat index was 103) and got a lot of the furniture back into the basement room.  I have a little yard work to do and a lot in the house, but now, if it rains, I don't care, don't make no difference to me....

Isn't it too warm for all of this activity? How do you feel, besides happy with your accomplishment?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #170 on: July 10, 2011, 07:00:07 PM »

I'm really amazed I got all that done and still feel good. 

Well, I guess that answers my questions! Good for you!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: July 10, 2011, 07:00:29 PM »

Oh, and I baked oatmeal cookies.

Now I want a cookie!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #172 on: July 10, 2011, 07:01:41 PM »

We've had a nice dinner in the dining room that reminded us of Miami University's 1809 Room and we're now crashing for the night.  We're too tired and it's too hot for an outdoor performance of AS YOU LIKE IT.

I did AS YOU LIKE IT at the Seattle Center several summers ago.  I got the best review I had ever received from a Seattle newspaper.  They said, "TCB is an amazing find!"  I had only been acting about forty-some years at that point, but I accepted the review gracefully.

You were probably the oldest Rosalind since Dame Edith Evans played the role in the 1920s!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #173 on: July 10, 2011, 07:02:00 PM »

Okay, back to P&P.

Laura

« Reply #174 on: July 10, 2011, 07:02:34 PM »

Cillaliz, I quit doing physical stuff, and amazingly my back is feeling better.

My yard is a mess, however.
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

Sam

« Reply #175 on: July 10, 2011, 07:03:05 PM »

ordering new cd   ;D

be back few minutes  ;D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #176 on: July 10, 2011, 07:05:30 PM »

You were probably the oldest Rosalind since Dame Edith Evans played the role in the 1920s!

Actually I played both Diukes (Marma and what was the otherone's name?).
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #177 on: July 10, 2011, 07:08:28 PM »

Had a fun rehearsal - the new rehearsal rules are no stopping and she did very well.  I had some notes, and the show runs exactly fifty minutes right now, although I suspect it will actually run fifty-five when all is said and done.  Still one bit of patter to come.  She's very self-assured, our teen is. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #178 on: July 10, 2011, 07:09:08 PM »

Isn't it too warm for all of this activity? How do you feel, besides happy with your accomplishment?

I feel fine.  It was very hot today, but I did the prep. Came in and showered, drank water made lunch and sat for awhile.   Later I went out and painted, when I was done, I took another shower drank more water and went to the grocery store then baked oatmeal cookies, lol.   I'm very relieved.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #179 on: July 10, 2011, 07:09:35 PM »

We all then went to Nate 'n' Al's, where I had my beloved New York (pastrami with Russian dressing and coleslaw) and we shared kishka.  The youngster had never had it and, like Adriana Hofstetter, the minute she tried it she went bonkers for it.  She also thought the pastrami was the best she's ever had.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10   Go Up