Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: TIME - THE BITCH GODDESS  (Read 13613 times)

Laura

Re: TIME - THE BITCH GODDESS
« Reply #120 on: June 16, 2011, 03:50:28 PM »

I was going to make a comment about helping, people, JMK, but I decided not to.
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

Laura

« Reply #121 on: June 16, 2011, 03:51:04 PM »

Isn't it about time for the Broadway closing notices to start?
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: June 16, 2011, 04:14:48 PM »

Mr Farrow's friend Mr Newport keeps sending me Friend requests on Facebook. Curiously, he and Mr Newport are not friends on Facebook. Since I detest Mr Farrow, i'm not sure I'll "friend" him.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 04:33:39 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #123 on: June 16, 2011, 04:26:04 PM »

Is he likely another one of the guests who come here?
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #124 on: June 16, 2011, 04:29:31 PM »

Thursday morning greetings.  Thank you all for the vibes and prayers.  My Aunt Jo died about 4 this morning, relieving her sons from having to make some awful decisions.  The prayer now is that she finds a degree of peace that eluded her in life.

I'm just now reading today's posts.  The relief I felt over my father's passing did not diminish my grief.  My condolences to your family.

Michael

« Reply #125 on: June 16, 2011, 04:30:45 PM »

About to watch Company
Never stop dreaming.

Jane

« Reply #126 on: June 16, 2011, 04:31:01 PM »

My thoughts and prayers are with your family, Ginny. I'm glad they didn't have to make such a hard decision.

Some of us are lucky: we know there will be a long line waiting to pull the plug.

Unless there is a living will it only takes one person to prevent it.

Jane

« Reply #127 on: June 16, 2011, 04:31:34 PM »

I wonder if there will be new members joining us after that article. I hope so.

Ditto.

Jane

« Reply #128 on: June 16, 2011, 04:32:45 PM »

I'm off now to hug my own mother and to replenish her supply of Scotch.

:)

Jane

« Reply #129 on: June 16, 2011, 04:33:11 PM »

Keith is about to disconnect the internet, just for awhile.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #130 on: June 16, 2011, 04:47:24 PM »

Not "the" Mr. Newport, as in RATM Newport?
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #131 on: June 16, 2011, 05:02:01 PM »

Isn't it about time for the Broadway closing notices to start?

House of Blue Leaves Will End Run June 25.

The production, which officially opened April 25 following previews that began April 4, had originally been announced as a 16-week engagement. When it closes, House of Blue Leaves will have played 21 previews and 72 regular performances.

I think that 72 performances is less than 16 weeks, though.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: June 16, 2011, 05:10:54 PM »

Not "the" Mr. Newport, as in RATM Newport?

One and only, I believe!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: June 16, 2011, 05:44:38 PM »

Back from a really interesting telecine session.  I'll talk in more detail in the notes, but I will say that Nudie Musical, when we're through, will look as good as it's ever going to look, given the camera negative is lost and therefore not an option.  But the CRI is the next closest thing, generation-wise - so it's obviously not first generation but it is second generation, while the opticals are third generation.  We had the DVD there as a guide - and I can only tell you I'd forgotten what a scratchy mess that was.  The CRI is in great shape with only really minor dirt at the heads and tails of reels, all of which we'll be able to get rid of.  The colorist is fantastic and it already looks 1000 times better than the DVD, which was not bad, color-wise.  But here, we go shot by shot and it's a lot more detailed than the previous transfer - the tools are 1000 percent better now than they were almost a decade ago.  So, the color is fantastic, the quality is 5000% better, and the sharpness is amazing compared to the DVD, as it should be in 1080p.  The sound is a little more problematic, ironically.  Unfortunately, what they played back for me was the raw transfer - they've already done a filter pass and I didn't hear that - it's supposedly better than the crackle-filled, sibilant, distortion thing I heard today.  However, for more money, they can also do a sonic pass where all that stuff gets cleaned up.  But the audio guy there said we might even be better off taking the sound from one of the prints - so next week I may bring in three prints for audio evaluation.  I'm not going to do all this amazing work on the image to only have it sound bad.  The sound on Nudie was never very good, but we want it to be as good as it can be.

And I do think I'm going to have to do the kickstarter thing - I've already submitted it and they think it's a great idea and only suggested I rethink the rewards part - I'd just sort of made it up as I went along - but they gave me some ideas and other projects to look at and then I revised them, so we'll see what they think of that.  The way it's set up is that anyone can donate any amount of money, from $1 to $1000 and there are rewards no matter how much you donate.  So, I'll keep everyone posted about the progress and I think I made some rewards that are really fun.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: June 16, 2011, 05:44:54 PM »

I shall now be on my way to sup with Alet.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #135 on: June 16, 2011, 05:48:13 PM »

I just caught up on yesterday's posts.   My condolences and prayers to both DR Ginny and DR Jrand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #136 on: June 16, 2011, 05:59:47 PM »

Thursday morning greetings.  Thank you all for the vibes and prayers.  My Aunt Jo died about 4 this morning, relieving her sons from having to make some awful decisions.  The prayer now is that she finds a degree of peace that eluded her in life.

I believe she will.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #137 on: June 16, 2011, 06:13:46 PM »

My goodness, Cillaliz!

Now you know why I'm so surprised this hasn't gotten more news coverage.   I've been told we really have it worse than them.  Not sure I want that distinction.   

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #138 on: June 16, 2011, 06:14:47 PM »

And...

After Tuesday night's performance of Catch Me If You Can, Norbert Leo Butz made this extended Tony Acceptance-Thank You SPEECH.

Mr.Wopat appears to be rapidly approaching the ideal age for Mikey!
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #139 on: June 16, 2011, 06:15:09 PM »

Back from a really interesting telecine session.  I'll talk in more detail in the notes, but I will say that Nudie Musical, when we're through, will look as good as it's ever going to look, given the camera negative is lost and therefore not an option.  But the CRI is the next closest thing, generation-wise - so it's obviously not first generation but it is second generation, while the opticals are third generation.  We had the DVD there as a guide - and I can only tell you I'd forgotten what a scratchy mess that was.  The CRI is in great shape with only really minor dirt at the heads and tails of reels, all of which we'll be able to get rid of.  The colorist is fantastic and it already looks 1000 times better than the DVD, which was not bad, color-wise.  But here, we go shot by shot and it's a lot more detailed than the previous transfer - the tools are 1000 percent better now than they were almost a decade ago.  So, the color is fantastic, the quality is 5000% better, and the sharpness is amazing compared to the DVD, as it should be in 1080p.  The sound is a little more problematic, ironically.  Unfortunately, what they played back for me was the raw transfer - they've already done a filter pass and I didn't hear that - it's supposedly better than the crackle-filled, sibilant, distortion thing I heard today.  However, for more money, they can also do a sonic pass where all that stuff gets cleaned up.  But the audio guy there said we might even be better off taking the sound from one of the prints - so next week I may bring in three prints for audio evaluation.  I'm not going to do all this amazing work on the image to only have it sound bad.  The sound on Nudie was never very good, but we want it to be as good as it can be.

And I do think I'm going to have to do the kickstarter thing - I've already submitted it and they think it's a great idea and only suggested I rethink the rewards part - I'd just sort of made it up as I went along - but they gave me some ideas and other projects to look at and then I revised them, so we'll see what they think of that.  The way it's set up is that anyone can donate any amount of money, from $1 to $1000 and there are rewards no matter how much you donate.  So, I'll keep everyone posted about the progress and I think I made some rewards that are really fun.

Great news, BK!  I can't wait to see the results on Blu-ray! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #140 on: June 16, 2011, 06:16:45 PM »

This is Interstate 29 looking toward Omaha.  They have it worse than we do

Ohmigod, DR cilaliz! It's horrifying, but i have to say, it's a beautiful photo.

It is!  I didn't take it, but there are many going around.   They discovered one of the levees protecting homes in Dakota Dunes is already being undercut with a 20 foot hole.  They filled it, but gees, we're only at day 2 of the max release

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #141 on: June 16, 2011, 06:18:37 PM »

My thoughts and prayers are with your family, Ginny. I'm glad they didn't have to make such a hard decision.

Some of us are lucky: we know there will be a long line waiting to pull the plug.

Let me count the ways.   ;D
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #142 on: June 16, 2011, 06:21:58 PM »

Last night we actually went out to dinner.  We met friends at their house for wine & cheese & then went to a restaurant they enjoy.  We had only been there once, with the same friends, and have not returned.  Last night, as before, Keith did not enjoy his dinner.  I liked mine.  The service was excellent & the atmosphere very nice, however.....

Since I made the reservations two weeks ago & did not request outdoor seating I found it odd we were given a table on the balcony without asking if it was ok.  They had large outdoor heaters which they never set up.  By the end of dinner we were all rather chilled & rushed out of there without looking at the dessert menu. 

Jane

« Reply #143 on: June 16, 2011, 06:35:35 PM »

Today we had our teeth cleaned.  My bruised arm was ok while I was in the chair but now seems to hurt more.  At least the pain doesn't effect the healing process.  We were surprised to find they were already booked over six months out & had only two times slots for both of us in December & the most convenient one was on my birthday.  We have almost 6 months for them to get a cancellation.

We then went to Best Buy & Costco.

That is my exciting day.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #144 on: June 16, 2011, 06:47:03 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #145 on: June 16, 2011, 06:54:56 PM »

Good Evening!

When I got back to my brother's place, all I wanted to do was nap. So... I did. -I've been dealing with some sinus and allergy stuff the past couple of days, and that always makes me "nap-y".
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #146 on: June 16, 2011, 06:58:15 PM »

Hey Jose or some other Smartphone maven:  is there an *easy* way to reset a Gmail password on an Android phone?  You would think with it being Googleized that would be easy, but it isn't and doing a Google on how to brings up some insanely convoluted methods for doing it.  The problem is on an Android phone you put in your Gmail password the first time you turn the phone on, and then Gmail is just kind of "there," with no Settings available anywhere.

Hey JMK! Well... I have some Droid'd friends who have had to deal with that very same issue, and, alas, you basically have to reset your phone in order to reset your Gmail password. That is the "easy" way. Of course, when you do that, you lose your apps, music, etc. Have fun! ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #147 on: June 16, 2011, 07:04:00 PM »

DR vixmom - I'm glad that you got a chance to take a break last night from your "basement project". *Btw, Mr. Sondheim actually sent a note to Stephen Colbert asking him to be in the concert. So.. ::)

I wonder if it was because of Colbert's interview of Sondheim...they both seemed to have enjoyed it.

I believe that had something to do with it.

And you can read about it and/or hear his "Fresh Air" interview here:

Stephen Colbert: In Good 'Company' On Broadway
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #148 on: June 16, 2011, 07:07:26 PM »

I've had telephone conversations with Social Security who set me up for an appointment on Monday morning June 20 and with Mr Ron Raines about the FOLLIES transfer. And that's my morning.

I, too, had some Follies-related discussions today...  :-X
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 07:15:26 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #149 on: June 16, 2011, 07:23:00 PM »

And...

There's currently a line of thunderstorms moving through the area, so...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up