Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: LIMELIGHT  (Read 14971 times)

Cillaliz

Re: LIMELIGHT
« Reply #90 on: June 08, 2011, 08:07:51 PM »

Our airport letters are SUX.   This is one of the new flood shirts.

MBarnum

« Reply #91 on: June 08, 2011, 09:08:08 PM »

I have the face recognition thingy on my Facebook. I didn't know it was new.

It is rather nifty. When I posted my photos from Medford, Facebook automatically identified who was in the photos. If the id was correct, I just had to click "yes" or something, and it added the id to the photo for tagging purposes. I didn't have to type in anyone's name. It was magical...accept when it tried to id the wrong person to the wrong face....then it was just sort of amusing! LOL!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: June 08, 2011, 09:08:28 PM »

Okay, we are surely reaching a new low this evening and I am not so thrilled about it.  This has been coming all week - the errant and truant are not helping this matter at all.  I do notice that they have plenty of time for Facebook, though, so that's nice.  If we hit a new low (and how can we not) then I shall be very unhappy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: June 08, 2011, 09:11:22 PM »

GUESTS we've got - ten of 'em.  Everyone else is a WUSSBURGER.  edisaurus hasn't been here in weeks and weeks, and Pogue rarely graces us with his presence anymore.  I appreciate the loyal few who are sticking with us but perhaps with Facebook it's time for all sites to give up the discussion boards.  I would rather go out now (keeping the Notes, of course) than wait until we're down to ten posts from two people.  It would be a shame, I must say, but if our little community has given itself over to Facebook then so be it. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: June 08, 2011, 09:30:11 PM »

Make that twelve GUESTS.

GUESTS are a dish best served cold.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: June 08, 2011, 09:30:23 PM »

WUSSBURGERS are a dish best served cold.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #96 on: June 08, 2011, 09:34:30 PM »

Okay, we are surely reaching a new low this evening and I am not so thrilled about it.  This has been coming all week - the errant and truant are not helping this matter at all.  I do notice that they have plenty of time for Facebook, though, so that's nice.  If we hit a new low (and how can we not) then I shall be very unhappy.

...Or they could be playing with the new Google Doodle! ;)

*You can actually record your "doodle"!
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #97 on: June 08, 2011, 09:46:08 PM »

Well, I've been on Facebook dealing with flooding issues and posting flood photos for the people who are either out fighting the flood or aren't living here anymore and want to see photos, since 7000 people displaced and a historic flood are apparently not big enough news when they happen here to get national attention.   

Cillaliz

« Reply #98 on: June 08, 2011, 09:49:10 PM »

I haven't been able to focus on anything else all week. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #99 on: June 08, 2011, 09:49:45 PM »

I tried to get work done today but found myself at lunch sitting in a chair and holding open sand bags to help a man who was bagging all by himself

Cillaliz

« Reply #100 on: June 08, 2011, 09:50:23 PM »

So if I haven't been here, my excuse is an impending disaster of historical proportions.   

Cillaliz

« Reply #101 on: June 08, 2011, 09:51:41 PM »

How's that for an excuse :D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #102 on: June 08, 2011, 09:53:15 PM »

Well, I've been on Facebook dealing with flooding issues and posting flood photos for the people who are either out fighting the flood or aren't living here anymore and want to see photos, since 7000 people displaced and a historic flood are apparently not big enough news when they happen here to get national attention.  

I've been noticing the lack of prominent national coverage too on the news. NBC did lead off tonight with a joint story about the fires in Arizona and the floods along the Missouri river, but it has been a bit surprising just how much covering the flooding has not been receiving. -Alas, here in NYC, all the news outlets seems to be focusing on Rep. Weiner's out-of-focus wiener.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #103 on: June 08, 2011, 09:53:19 PM »

I got it recorded but couldn't figure out how to play it back

Cillaliz

« Reply #104 on: June 08, 2011, 09:58:17 PM »

I am very irritated by the lack of news coverage for a really basic reason.  I know of one family who was vacationing and didn't think it was important to get back because they hadn't heard anything on the news.   I guess it took a lot of convincing and by the time they got back they had 48 hours to move everything out of the house and find a place to live before they were told if you leave your house again you can't come back.  It's a little hard to move when you can't go back to your house.   

This is the only family I know of, but it easily could have happened to other people.  A little national coverage would have been good.  But no...there was a weiner on the loose. That's much more important.  sheesh!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #105 on: June 08, 2011, 09:59:42 PM »

I got it recorded but couldn't figure out how to play it back

Once you Record it, a URL should appear next to the "Play" button.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #106 on: June 08, 2011, 10:03:37 PM »

I haven't gotten anything done all week, or last week for that matter.   I am in desperate need of the next few days out of town, hanging out with a 4 year old and eating cheese in Wisconsin.  I am going to miss taking photos for everyone.  I have daily photos of the same locations which really show the rising water.   I'll be missing at least 2 days, but many other people take photos from the same spots, so I can probably fill it in. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #107 on: June 08, 2011, 10:05:31 PM »

The funny thing is there is a woman who works for "THE" photographer in town who documents everything that happens.  I'll take a photo and the next day I see that she took almost the same shot a day later. LOL.   I was doing photos from behind a group of people looking at the water.  Today she started shooting the same style.  I love it. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #108 on: June 08, 2011, 10:07:28 PM »

I am really enjoying the photography part of this and people are starting to look forward to my daily posts.  I'm posting and giving permission to share with anyone (not that you need it on facebook).   It's getting my photograpy out there.   When this is all said and done, I'm considering making a book.   Not sure how difficult that would be, but I could do a book of my photos of the flood. I'm sure I could sell it locally.   Just a thought at this point

Cillaliz

« Reply #109 on: June 08, 2011, 10:08:39 PM »

It is fun to be known as a photographer though, I've even had people tell me I'm a better photographer than the woman I was talking about.   That really makes me feel good. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #110 on: June 08, 2011, 10:09:07 PM »

DR Jose, I'll try it again.  It's a tribute to Les Paul, you know.

Cillaliz

« Reply #111 on: June 08, 2011, 10:12:23 PM »

This one is being sold by high school students for flood relief

Cillaliz

« Reply #112 on: June 08, 2011, 10:15:08 PM »

Oh and I heard Joplin Mo send us a truck load of water today.   Funny, the Salvation Army gave out 6000 bottles of water yesterday and 3000 bottles of gatorade to the volunteers working on sandbagging, leveee building, moving people out of homes etc.  7000 people are displaced in South Dakota near here, 2000 homes and businesses have been evacuated or are in danger,.. yet we aren't a national story.   We've even had one death from flood prep.  Oh well.  Guess i'll just eat cheese

Cillaliz

« Reply #113 on: June 08, 2011, 10:20:36 PM »

Got the Doodle to work....cool to watch it play

Cillaliz

« Reply #114 on: June 08, 2011, 10:22:06 PM »

Ok, time to get some sleep. I'm working in the morning then need to pack, clean up the house and try to make the rounds with the camera before I head out of town.  Or am carried out by the heards of mosquitos

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: June 08, 2011, 10:33:34 PM »

I gotta tell you.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: June 08, 2011, 10:33:48 PM »

The errant and truant are a dish best served cold. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: June 08, 2011, 10:34:53 PM »

Catastrophies I understand.  People who've just made Facebook their 24 hour a day home, not so much.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: June 08, 2011, 11:13:44 PM »

We've still got us eleven GUESTS - not much for them to read today. 

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #119 on: June 09, 2011, 12:01:24 AM »

And now, I'm off to see Pearl Django with Special Guest Connie Evingson!

Have a good rest of the evening, all!

I got back about a half hour ago and it was a wonderful concert!  It wasn't really Pearl Django with special guest Connie Evingson, it was pretty much Connie backed by Pearl Django.  Either way, it was a great concert. 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up