Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: LEADING THE WAY  (Read 26712 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: LEADING THE WAY
« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2009, 11:04:22 AM »

And how is our Jane feeling today?  I hope she hasn't turned into a hophead.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2009, 11:04:32 AM »

At long last page four.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #92 on: December 15, 2009, 11:04:37 AM »

Thanks for the link, Jrand.  I'm pretty sure I had some sort of contact or correspondence with Lerman in the late 80s during the Bay Cities days.

Sounds like one your pecedillos to me.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2009, 11:04:52 AM »

Elmore, thank you for sending bruce my address.

Congratulations to joshie!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: December 15, 2009, 11:08:18 AM »

I'm just curious--could 3D be the long ago Cora of Amazon fame?  ;)

BK, did I miss something--which FSM release are you talking about?  Freud?

Not Freud, which is a Varese release.  An upcoming release, so I cannot mention the title.

Jane

« Reply #95 on: December 15, 2009, 11:08:43 AM »

Jrand we did indeed enjoy miss Allison hayes.  Last night we watched another episode with her in it.

Who sang the bat masterson song?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: December 15, 2009, 11:09:40 AM »

I have answered many e-mails and even had a telephonic conversation with Miss Lauren Rubin - we're lunching on Thursday.

Jane

« Reply #97 on: December 15, 2009, 11:11:34 AM »

Bruce do you use Microsoft outlook?  Keith has an easy to use contact list there.  It is separate from our mailing list.  I have no idea how it is done.

Jane

« Reply #98 on: December 15, 2009, 11:14:12 AM »

And how is our Jane feeling today?  I hope she hasn't turned into a hophead.

i hope not.

i am concerned i will be addicted to the pain meds by the time i can get off of them, so far i cannot reduce them, very unusual for me.

i have PT this afternoon which might mean i won't be up to using the computer.  i really hurt after PT.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: December 15, 2009, 11:22:54 AM »

I must have Outlook since I have Microsoft Office Works for Apple.  But I've never used it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: December 15, 2009, 11:23:17 AM »

You'll get off your meds fine - you are strong, you are invincible, you are JANE!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #101 on: December 15, 2009, 11:26:28 AM »

On this date in 1973 (mind you, not 1873) the American Psychiatric Association  caused great controversy by declaring that "homosexuality does not meet the criteria for being a psychiatric disorder" and quit classifying it as a mental illness.

And on this day in 1791 (according to my 2009 Futurama calendar), the Bill of Rights was ratified. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #102 on: December 15, 2009, 11:35:33 AM »

You'll get off your meds fine - you are strong, you are invincible, you are JANE!

;D
and addictions run in my family, remember ;)  honestly i don't know how anyone can get addicted to this stuff.  i plan to reduce it slowly to prevent withdrawal, i'm just impatient to be at the stage.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: December 15, 2009, 11:53:11 AM »

Here's a link to the book MR BK.  Can be had for less than $5 - and more than worth it.  I think DR JMK mentioned him some time ago.

http://www.amazon.com/Grand-Surprise-Journals-Leo-Lerman/dp/1400044391/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1260903415&sr=8-1

I did. I was reading the journals in 2007 and posted about them on June 13, 2007. I wrote:

I have nothing else to report after my second sentence at the moment, but to mention how much I am enjoying Leo Lerman's journals, which I'm reading before going to bed.  I'm reading about Henry VIII on the subways and buses.

Lerman's journals begin in the 1930 and I'm currently in the 1970's.  I didn't know that Maria Callas was one of his best friends from 1955 or so to her death, so I was reading about Callas and the Juilliard master classes, a number of performances he attended, itroducing Marlene Dietrich to Callas, and a lot of fascinating and scandalous gossip:  the best last evening was the Jackie Kennedy-Onassis-Callas triangle and Leo's speculations on how Onassis' predilection for anal sex was affecting his marriage to Jackie.  Mrs Kennedy also became friendly with Lerman, he suspected, out of a desire to keep tabs on Callas, but there in an interesting journal entry on helping Caroline Kennedy with her homework on art and how well-behaved the Kennedy children were.

My late friend Paula Lawrence keeps turning up a lot, and I wish I'd had her introduce me to Leo. We had several friends in common, and I'm enjoying his wit, kindness, and grace as a writer.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

MBarnum

« Reply #104 on: December 15, 2009, 12:06:26 PM »

Aren't Pecedillos those funny looking animals that seem like they ought to be extinct?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #105 on: December 15, 2009, 12:18:51 PM »

Well... Time for me to clean up, get dressed, head out of the apartment for a bit, wander around a bit, and then head back to Carnegie Hall in a couple of hours.  -And in that order. Hopefully.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: December 15, 2009, 12:23:19 PM »

Aren't Pecedillos those funny looking animals that seem like they ought to be extinct?

By that definition, DR MBarnum, you are a pecedillo!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #107 on: December 15, 2009, 12:26:55 PM »

OH!  But before I go... For any DRs who may also happen to be on Facebook.  Facebook recently changed their Privacy Settings and Policies.  However, it appears that they've failed to mention - at least up front - one other change, so... -This is from a friend:

"As of today, Facebook will automatically index all your info on Google, which allows everyone to view it. To change this option, go to Settings --> Privacy Settings --> Search --> then UN-CLICK the box that says 'Allow indexing'. Facebook kept this one quiet. Copy and paste onto your status for all your friends ASAP."

Depending how you set up your profile, the "Allow Indexing" box may already be un-checked.  In any case..

The important thing to note here is that even though you might not mind having what you've posted on your own Wall to be "indexed", keep in mind that it will also "index" what your friends post on your wall. Check and uncheck accordingly.
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #108 on: December 15, 2009, 12:36:16 PM »

I would also love to have Audrey Hepburn's autograph.... Such a classy woman

I do have Tom Baker from Doctor who. I got that as a gift from a friend of mine in Ireland.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: December 15, 2009, 12:37:20 PM »

OH!  But before I go... For any DRs who may also happen to be on Facebook.  Facebook recently changed their Privacy Settings and Policies.  However, it appears that they've failed to mention - at least up front - one other change, so... -This is from a friend:

"As of today, Facebook will automatically index all your info on Google, which allows everyone to view it. To change this option, go to Settings --> Privacy Settings --> Search --> then UN-CLICK the box that says 'Allow indexing'. Facebook kept this one quiet. Copy and paste onto your status for all your friends ASAP."

Depending how you set up your profile, the "Allow Indexing" box may already be un-checked.  In any case..

The important thing to note here is that even though you might not mind having what you've posted on your own Wall to be "indexed", keep in mind that it will also "index" what your friends post on your wall. Check and uncheck accordingly.

I don't see "allow indexing" anywhere anywhere! But I did bring up this message from Facebook:
There have been misleading rumors recently about Facebook indexing all your information on Google. This is not true. Facebook created public search listings in 2007 to enable people to search for your name and see a link to your Facebook profile. They will still only see a basic set of information.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 12:40:13 PM by elmore3003 »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #110 on: December 15, 2009, 12:37:27 PM »

Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #111 on: December 15, 2009, 12:37:32 PM »

Autographs.....well I have a few that I wanted:

Allison Hayes
Frances Farmer
Carroll Baker
Gale Storm

Now and then I see something that I want - one that I am NOT interested in is Sarah Palin - the 3D CONFUSION of politics.

:)
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #112 on: December 15, 2009, 12:39:17 PM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

One of the few autographs that I wish I had would be Matthew Broderick's.  -Mainly because he was the only actor not to come out to the stage door after the first Wednesday matinee during the previews of Biloxi Blues.  My Playbill is signed by everyone but Mr. Broderick.

As for historical figures, if I had something signed by John F. Kennedy, I'm pretty sure I would cherish it greatly.

When I worked as a summer clerk for the Coast Guard, one of my duties was to get the officer promotion certificates signed by the Secretary of Transportation and the President.  I would head over to L'Enfant Plaza, go up to the Secretary's office, and then sit in a closet with a "signature machine" for a few hours. So... *However, any special commendations were sent directly to the desk of the Secretary and the President whenever possible.

Jackie Onassis would also be one I would like. She was a remarkable woman

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #113 on: December 15, 2009, 12:41:33 PM »

I don't see "allow indexing" anywhere antwhere!

Oh.. Looks like Facebook changed the wording over the past 24 hours. So...

Click on "Settings" in the upper right-hand corner.
From that drop-down menu, click on "Privacy Settings".
Then click on "Search".
After a FB pop-up about the Privacy Settings, you should see "Public Search Results". There should be a box to the right, "Allow".  Check or uncheck it.
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #114 on: December 15, 2009, 12:43:14 PM »

Dakota, your new avatar is very pretty.

Thank you Jane. On Yahoo, I found a way to save it and it is from there. I have several avatars I made there. I have one in a German dirndl, horseback riding, in a library, shopping, at a flea  market and several others.

The trick is not to save it in the area where you make the avatar

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #115 on: December 15, 2009, 12:43:26 PM »

I don't see "allow indexing" anywhere anywhere! But I did bring up this message from Facebook:
There have been misleading rumors recently about Facebook indexing all your information on Google. This is not true. Facebook created public search listings in 2007 to enable people to search for your name and see a link to your Facebook profile. They will still only see a basic set of information.

In essence that is true.  However, since Facebook (and Twitter) recently integrated with Google for realtime search results, well...
Make Your Own Luck.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #116 on: December 15, 2009, 12:43:51 PM »

I don't see "allow indexing" anywhere antwhere!

Oh.. Looks like Facebook changed the wording over the past 24 hours. So...

Click on "Settings" in the upper right-hand corner.
From that drop-down menu, click on "Privacy Settings".
Then click on "Search".
After a FB pop-up about the Privacy Settings, you should see "Public Search Results". There should be a box to the right, "Allow".  Check or uncheck it.

I already changed mine. They were a tad sneaky to say the least

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #117 on: December 15, 2009, 12:46:38 PM »

I did get some good news last week. A panel that me and several others are putting together for a communication conference was accepted.

It is on the state of soap operas

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: December 15, 2009, 12:48:56 PM »

Back from Hugo's and some pasta papa.  I was rather surprised that when I left at twelve-thirty, prime lunch hour there, with normally not a seat to be had, an almost empty restaurant.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #119 on: December 15, 2009, 12:49:47 PM »

Oh, and I forgot to mention in my post - kiss my ASS.

Ugh--from those lips you'll wind up getting a wart.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11   Go Up