Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: HAGIOGRAPHY  (Read 14944 times)

Julie

Re: HAGIOGRAPHY
« Reply #210 on: December 07, 2009, 07:16:47 PM »

And to tomorrow's report form Larry on the Finian's Recording.

Julie

« Reply #211 on: December 07, 2009, 07:18:23 PM »

DR Cillaliz...    I'll have some Chicken Gumbo...hold the Gumbo.         :)

The funniest part of it was that the whole line waiting started laughing at the same time, the girl behind the counter just looked up like "What!"

It is quite funny.  They do that in Manhattan, too.  All they have to do is announce a little snow, and you can't find a single loaf of bread or carton of milk left on the shelves.

Julie

« Reply #212 on: December 07, 2009, 07:22:06 PM »

The choral concert sounds great, DR DAW.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #213 on: December 07, 2009, 07:22:10 PM »

You are most welcome. How are you feeling today were you able to walk to the mailbox with Keith and Sherlock?

i was just about to say how good my half mile walk was even though it was a cold one.

even though, or because i wore my swing, i'm hurting more now.  i suppose all the emails, calls, etc today didn't help.  overall i still feel better today and had a wonderful birthday.

Cillaliz

« Reply #214 on: December 07, 2009, 07:22:39 PM »

Scary moives - man, when I was a kid there was no concern about kids seeing things that were scary...I remember The Blob scared me.  I dreamed about it, like DR George, only it never got to me before I woke up.   I think The Birds was the scariest to me.  And In Cold Blood.  Wwe lived at the end of a long driveway, so I was sure someone was going to come in and murder us.  THere were others.  It hink I liked to be scared.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #215 on: December 07, 2009, 07:23:09 PM »

thank you all for making my special day extra special.

'night

Ginny

« Reply #216 on: December 07, 2009, 07:23:22 PM »

DR Cillaliz - Richard says for you to keep the blizzard!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #217 on: December 07, 2009, 07:23:35 PM »

You are most welcome. How are you feeling today were you able to walk to the mailbox with Keith and Sherlock?

i was just about to say how good my half mile walk was even though it was a cold one.

even though, or because i wore my swing, i'm hurting more now.  i suppose all the emails, calls, etc today didn't help.  overall i still feel better today and had a wonderful birthday.

Wonderful!! I hope every day keeps getting better than the day before

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #218 on: December 07, 2009, 07:26:47 PM »

Last night, DR td wrote:

. . .and I just watched it tonight!

I can understand why the show is losing viewers, I don't think that it has enough story to be a continuing series.  Having read the novel which it is inspired by, I think that the premise calls out for a miniseries, just not a season-by-season show.  Right now, at its mid-season mark, there is still enough story left to finish out a season, but, I cannot see the point in trying to be a long-running series.

That said, I find it one of the fastest paced shows on television and really, really look forward to the next installment.

Who said DEXTER is losing viewers? The last I read, it was SHowtime's highest rated series and was still pulling in the viewers for them. Where did you read otherwise?

Of course, I haven't read the books, but from what I understand, they're not slavishly following them for storylines. They're embarking on their own tangents. But you would know more about that than I would seeing as how you have read the books.

I thought we were talking about FLASHFORWARD; I've never seen DEXTER and don't have Showtime...

When I hit the "Quote" button on your post regarding FLASHFORWARD something wonky must have occured. . .:o

Ah ha! Now your comments make much more sense! Yes, FLASHFORWARD has been hemmoraging viewers since the premiere, and it now tends to rank 3rd in the timeslot behind SURVIVOR and BONES, not what ABC was looking for. (UGLY BETTY was drawing about the same ratings last season.)

This new show that ABC will run for 13 episodes in the time slot: I predict if it does well consistently, they'll order more episodes of it and when they bring back FLASHFORWARD, the episode will be shown on Friday or Tuesday, wherever they can plug it in with the least damage.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #219 on: December 07, 2009, 07:28:59 PM »

I began my evening viewing with the last half of ONE LIFE TO LIVE. Some wonderful scenes, very effective work from our three guys.

Matt H.

« Reply #220 on: December 07, 2009, 07:30:53 PM »

Next came AS THE WORLD TURNS. Luke had seconds of screen time, but looks like Damian has been poisoned by batty Meg (or he poisoned himself so he could blame it on Meg).

Matt H.

« Reply #221 on: December 07, 2009, 07:33:09 PM »

Next I watched THE GLASS SLIPPER which I had recorded from TCM-HD one or two mornings ago. It was a very poor quality print of the film. It was open matte, so there were tons of head room that gave the movie a weird appearance. The Eastman Color was fading in some scenes, and none of it was very sharp to begin with.

Color me disappointed.

Matt H.

« Reply #222 on: December 07, 2009, 07:34:23 PM »

Then I watched tonight's new episode of THE CLOSER. Not one of the more brilliant mysteries the show has sprung on us, but the characters are such a pleasure to be around that it didn't matter, and new cast member Joel was adorable.

Cillaliz

« Reply #223 on: December 07, 2009, 07:34:38 PM »

DR Cillaliz - Richard says for you to keep the blizzard!

I'm actually looking forward to it. I'm hoping it either hits early or holds off until after I get home from my 9:00 AM hearing

Matt H.

« Reply #224 on: December 07, 2009, 07:35:57 PM »

Nothing else came in today for review, so I'll take tomorrow off. I got word from DIsney that they've shipped EXTRACT (one of their fall misfires), so I'll be reviewing it later in the week. And I'll start revisiting those Mel Brooks films I have on Blu-ray to get a jump start on that 9-film box set which is coming in a week.

Julie

« Reply #225 on: December 07, 2009, 07:39:40 PM »

Scary movies -- well, the one I remember was when I somehow ended up in front of the TV alone as a very young kid and started watching The Time Machine.  Now, this is one of the worst movies, and boring, too.  But as a little kid, I was focused on the scene in which Wells gets into the Time Machine and is traveling through the centuries, and we see brick walls caving him in, and what I realize now must have been lava pouring down the streets, but which I interpreted as blood flowing through the streets, and he seemed trapped in and claustrophobic and suffocating . . . and, well, suffice it to say, I slept with a bright light on in my room for a full year after this.   I was completely traumatized. 

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
« Reply #226 on: December 07, 2009, 07:41:35 PM »

Hope everyone is enjoying their winter weather.

I really enjoyed today, rain and cold (for LA maybe 60 all day is cold).  If it got down to 30 or 40 degrees people would still be walking around in shorts and t-shirts.

"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #227 on: December 07, 2009, 07:42:43 PM »

bk, the LACCTAA email blast linked to Kritzerland.
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #228 on: December 07, 2009, 07:46:27 PM »

If bk has nothing to do tomorrow night, it's the monthly meeting of the Studio City residents association.  One of the main topics is the crime spree south of Ventura between Laurel and Whitsett.   There's cookies, sorry no cake.   

Sam

« Reply #229 on: December 07, 2009, 07:49:39 PM »

new release ordered.

Sam

« Reply #230 on: December 07, 2009, 07:52:17 PM »

must go do stuff

have a great evening

night  8)

MBarnum

« Reply #231 on: December 07, 2009, 07:55:30 PM »

As far as I know, the first sci-fi film that I saw (or the first that I remember seeing) was QUEEN OF OUTER SPACE. I watched it with my cousins Molly and Bobby in their upstairs family room. I was about 4 years old, I guess.

First horror film that I remember seeing was likely THE BIRDS, which my sister was watching on television when I happened to come down stairs. Again, I was around 4 years old.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 08:49:33 PM by MBarnum »

Matt H.

« Reply #232 on: December 07, 2009, 08:04:13 PM »

Boy, DR Julie and I certainly have different opinions of THE TIME MACHINE. I think it's STILL a marvelous sci-fi film. It thrilled (and scared) me as a kid and I enjoy revisiting it; what's more, the Oscar-winning special effects still hold up in certain scenes, and Rod Taylor is such a pleasure to the eyes that for eye-candy alone it's worthwhile.

Matt H.

« Reply #233 on: December 07, 2009, 08:05:02 PM »

Now, I guess I need to head downstairs and go to bed.

Good night!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #234 on: December 07, 2009, 08:28:44 PM »

I am back from the sessions for what will be a very wonderful recording of the score. It is certainly the most music ever recrded from the score and I think pur mighty cast will be wonderful. It was an exhausting day so I will not catch up on posts till tomorrow.

Good night, all!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #235 on: December 07, 2009, 08:33:33 PM »

Good Evening!

Yep... It was/is cold in New York City today!

NIPPY!
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #236 on: December 07, 2009, 08:36:43 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR DEAR JANE!!!

May you have a painfree night!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #237 on: December 07, 2009, 08:43:50 PM »

I'm waiting to hear Jose's report on Gypsy of the Year.

And here it is...

In short, I loved it!  I may try to sneak in tomorrow to see the skits again, but, more importantly, I want to hear what the final fundraising tallies are - especially for A Steady Rain.  -Rumor has it that they may have raised an almost record-breaking $1.2 MILLION!!

It was interesting to note that a bunch of the skits featured cast members from various shows singing alt-rock/folksy songs - very Jason Mraz-y.  However...

The Opening Number really got things off to a great start.  It was a "So You Think You Can Dance?" parody - complete with Christopher Sieber as Nigel Lythgoe and Mary Birdsong as Mary Murphy.  -Oh, and Paul Canaan (from the "Legally Blonde: The Search for the Next Elle Woods" as Cat Deeley!  And Ryan Kasprzak even made a special guest appearance.  I also really liked the skit presented by "The Men of Chicago": 9th Avenue Story.  Basically, it was a "Man meets Twink" story. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #238 on: December 07, 2009, 08:50:51 PM »

The Vixter though that Elektra was ok - the music and singing were good but she had trouble with some of the staging and with some of the actors' performances

She was particulary annoyed by the fact that when Elektra was dragged off stage to be whipped the person with the whip who supposedly was to do the deed dawdeled so long at getting off stage that the beating  was over before she had exited the stage - "Way to take me out of the moment , dude"

She also thought that Elecktra's death left a lot to be desired - "She just took her time and slowly stretched out and lay down like to she was getting comfortable for a nap - nice death scene  - duh!"

The Vixter is a bit of a fanatic on Greek mythology - she has been reading about it since she was 6.  Apparently the teacher began aquainting thr class with the story line in preparation for the trip and the Vixter kept correcting her and filling in the backstory until the teacher finally conceded that Vix had much more knowledge on this particular story that she did and let Vix take over the class -  Vixter now has  a new nickname - Greekapedia
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

MBarnum

« Reply #239 on: December 07, 2009, 08:52:03 PM »

Watching more  of this 1001 VINTAGE COMMERICALS dvd set. Just finished up 18 Bel Air cigarette commercials and learned that smoking is for young, attractive, athletic men and women.

Now I am watching 38 Camel cigarette commercials...it seems smoking is very popular with actors, actresses, doctors, and sports personalities....they all smoke Camels.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up