Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: HAGIOGRAPHY  (Read 14956 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: HAGIOGRAPHY
« Reply #150 on: December 07, 2009, 01:17:59 PM »

I also had time to skim through the first half hour of today's ONE LIFE TO LIVE. Fish and Kyle getting frisky was very sexy indeed (of course it was interrupted). Will look forward to seeing the rest of the show when I go back down.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #151 on: December 07, 2009, 01:18:11 PM »

Page Six Dance!!!

MBarnum

« Reply #152 on: December 07, 2009, 01:28:33 PM »

Re: TAR reality stars/contestants in next season's show...just remember, every season of TAR is populated by reality stars/contestants!

I for one am quite excited! Of course I probably won't know most of the "reality" stars that will be on the show, only those from Big Brother and/or Survivor...if there are any.

Laura

« Reply #153 on: December 07, 2009, 01:33:21 PM »

Our power was out for an hour.
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #154 on: December 07, 2009, 01:53:16 PM »

MEN OF A CERTAIN AGE

This got a very good review in Entertainment Weekly, for what that's worth.

Oh...just looked it up:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20323634,00.html

also a nice one from TIME:

http://tunedin.blogs.time.com/2009/12/07/tv-tonight-men-of-a-certain-age/

Apparently, most of the reviews are good. The only negative one I heard about was from TV Guide.

Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Matt H.

« Reply #155 on: December 07, 2009, 01:53:35 PM »

Re: TAR reality stars/contestants in next season's show...just remember, every season of TAR is populated by reality stars/contestants!

I for one am quite excited! Of course I probably won't know most of the "reality" stars that will be on the show, only those from Big Brother and/or Survivor...if there are any.

The ratings for this season's series were the highest in three years. The show is really on a roll and seems to have become an audience favorite after years of just so-so ratings.

Matt H.

« Reply #156 on: December 07, 2009, 01:54:08 PM »

MEN OF A CERTAIN AGE

This got a very good review in Entertainment Weekly, for what that's worth.

Oh...just looked it up:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20323634,00.html

also a nice one from TIME:

http://tunedin.blogs.time.com/2009/12/07/tv-tonight-men-of-a-certain-age/

Apparently, most of the reviews are good. The only negative one I heard about was from TV Guide.

And it was REALLY negative. I read it the other night.

Matt H.

« Reply #157 on: December 07, 2009, 01:55:06 PM »

I must hop off-line now and get some writing done. Then, I have the evening free (tomorrow, too, it looks like), so I'll watch something fun and watch THE CLOSER about 10 minutes behind the "live" broadcast.

WBBL.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: December 07, 2009, 02:06:00 PM »

Had a sandwich and onion rings for lunch, went to the mail place, but must go back there because some sort of flowers or a bush arrived.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #159 on: December 07, 2009, 02:08:04 PM »

It transpires that the guy who wires all my electronics made a stupid little boo boo when he was here hooking up the all-region Blu-Ray - he unplugged one of the power strips - I was wondering why my CD burner wouldn't power up and when I went to use the turntable today there was no power, so I looked where the wiring is and voila - unplugged power strip - it's all working well now.

Ginny

« Reply #160 on: December 07, 2009, 02:09:55 PM »

Sheesh!  You'd think we had a blizzard on the way from the crowdedness of the grocery store this afternoon.  I don't think we do, but these folks are gonna be prepared nonetheless!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Michael

« Reply #161 on: December 07, 2009, 02:29:24 PM »

A most 2nd Happy Birthday from me and even more continued health and happines
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #162 on: December 07, 2009, 02:51:02 PM »

TOD

First horror film
Psycho (on tv I was around 5 or 6 and never got past the shower scene. Had nightmares)

First Sci-F

2001: A Space Odyssey
Saw it after the Cinerama engagement. Did not understand it, Saw it a second time and still not understood it, Bought the Soundtrack on LP. There was a brief explanation of the story and then I understood he film

First Sci-Fi/Horror/Whe

Vampire Hookers From Outerspace
Never stop dreaming.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #163 on: December 07, 2009, 02:59:33 PM »

Very disappointed here...I drove eight miles to G Boys, which used to be the place for Christmas decorations in my neck of the woods. But as I walked through the aisles I found the shelves sparsely stocked with little or no variety of items.  They either decided to understock this year due to the economy or they are planning on closing up.  I didn't have the heart to ask any if the employees about what was going on.  It would be a shame to lose another ages old family run business in this area.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #164 on: December 07, 2009, 03:06:21 PM »

TOD:

The first horror movie I can recall watching (or trying to watch) was FIEND WITHOUT A FACE on TV.  I remember I kept hiding my eyes under a blanket on the sofa.

First sci-fi? I think it was VISIT TO A SMALL PLANET with Jerry Lewis.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #165 on: December 07, 2009, 03:17:53 PM »

Topic of the Day:

I can't remember the first sci-fi or horror movies that I saw because my sister and I used to watch a lot of those on Saturdays on TV, when we lived in Colorado (we moved there when I was seven years old).  One of the earliest horror movies that I can remember seeing and scaring me is "Beware! The Blob."  I used to sleep with my arm under my pillow and my hand would stick out from underneath.  After I saw that movie, I believed that the Blob would come into my room and eat my hand!  Not me, just my hand.

:D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #166 on: December 07, 2009, 03:21:21 PM »

I always forget that "Beware! The Blob" was directed by Larry Hagman...yes, that Larry Hagman.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #167 on: December 07, 2009, 03:22:32 PM »

T.O.D.

THE SPACE CHILDREN - I am not sure that this was the first Sci-Fi film I saw, but it was the first one that made an impression on me.

FRANKENSTEIN or DRACULA It was probably one or the other of these Universal films.  They played all the time on television in the 50s.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Laura

« Reply #168 on: December 07, 2009, 03:28:38 PM »

Dan (the Man), did you put up Christmasvillageland this year? Are you going to post it on youtube again?
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #169 on: December 07, 2009, 03:49:12 PM »

DR JANE!!!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jennifer

« Reply #170 on: December 07, 2009, 04:01:39 PM »

Since I have my car back - I can do my Monday errands on Monday.  We had a slight dusting of snow, still some on the ground, but none on the streets.

I am still happy about TAR finale last night, but I am not looking forward to the "star" version next time around which will feature a group of "reality" stars, I guess.....including the stupid MAP blonde from you tube.

Yep, very happy about last night's TAR outcome, too!  And I think the show's editors are probably to be congratulated as much as the winners for the way they were able to make the end of the race still seem exciting.

As for the next season's contestants being comprised of reality show stars, I say Ugh!

I am curious where you have seen mention of other reality show contestants being on next season. I have only heard about jeff and jordan from big brother.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #171 on: December 07, 2009, 04:02:06 PM »

I am in the middle of a Chinese civil war.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #172 on: December 07, 2009, 04:03:18 PM »

DR JENNIFER someone saw that North Carolina Princess among the contestants at an airport, so I am assuming that three publicity whores means that others among them.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

td

• td
« Reply #173 on: December 07, 2009, 04:03:21 PM »

HAPPY NATAL DAY DR JANE!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

KevinH

« Reply #174 on: December 07, 2009, 04:04:57 PM »

Happy Birthday DR Jane!

I'm really looking forward to the Finian's Rainbow CD! 

Jennifer

« Reply #175 on: December 07, 2009, 04:05:08 PM »

DR JENNIFER someone saw that North Carolina Princess among the contestants at an airport, so I am assuming that three publicity whores means that others among them.

Who is "that north carolina princess"?

I actually think that if there were other reality show contestants then it would have been leaked. There were people at the airports taking pictures.

Jennifer

« Reply #176 on: December 07, 2009, 04:10:29 PM »

Here is the copykat Mrs. Field's cookie recipe for DR VIXMOM:

http://www.topsecretrecipes.com/recipedetail.asp?sessionid=&login=yes&id=69&page=

It doesn't want to let me copy and paste it. So I hope everyone who wants to can see it!

td

• td
« Reply #177 on: December 07, 2009, 04:10:39 PM »

Last night, DR td wrote:

. . .and I just watched it tonight!

I can understand why the show is losing viewers, I don't think that it has enough story to be a continuing series.  Having read the novel which it is inspired by, I think that the premise calls out for a miniseries, just not a season-by-season show.  Right now, at its mid-season mark, there is still enough story left to finish out a season, but, I cannot see the point in trying to be a long-running series.

That said, I find it one of the fastest paced shows on television and really, really look forward to the next installment.

Who said DEXTER is losing viewers? The last I read, it was SHowtime's highest rated series and was still pulling in the viewers for them. Where did you read otherwise?

Of course, I haven't read the books, but from what I understand, they're not slavishly following them for storylines. They're embarking on their own tangents. But you would know more about that than I would seeing as how you have read the books.

I thought we were talking about FLASHFORWARD; I've never seen DEXTER and don't have Showtime...

When I hit the "Quote" button on your post regarding FLASHFORWARD something wonky must have occured. . .:o
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 04:15:39 PM by td »
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

FJL

« Reply #178 on: December 07, 2009, 04:14:40 PM »

This line I've quoted before is from the website description for TRILOGY OF TERROR starring Karen Black - one of those lines which, had it appeared in a feature film, would be a classic of horror quotes:

When Chad starts to cough, Julie tells him that he will first experience dizziness, then mild paralysis...followed by total cardiac arrest. "You've drugged me!" he says. Her response is to the point: "No dear, I've killed you."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #179 on: December 07, 2009, 04:31:20 PM »

I just got a beautiful basket of fruit and flowers from our very own FJL and Skip and Toby and Dylan.  I shall eat a piece of fruit this very evening.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up