Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE PROCRASTINATING ME  (Read 17407 times)

DAW

Re: THE PROCRASTINATING ME
« Reply #90 on: December 02, 2009, 12:22:36 PM »

I'm biding my time...

'Cause that's the kind of gal I'm!

DAW

« Reply #91 on: December 02, 2009, 12:26:18 PM »

Sadly, the NY state senate has just defeated the passage of a same-sex marriage bill.          :(

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #92 on: December 02, 2009, 12:31:39 PM »

Oy, oy, oy.  Spent the morning at La Manse where we played with one of the two furnaces.  This is the one that is supposed to heat the house.  While it's a fairly new oil burning furnace, it's very low efficiency.  Because they obviously went to FAO years after they disassembled the original oil boiler which provided radiator heat, all of the heat vents upstairs are in the ceiling, obviously not optimal.  I did manage to get a decent airflow upstairs by mostly closing all of the downstairs vents, but it's obvious we'll need a bigger furnace for this house, probably a heat pump which would provide some tax rebates.  I also did dead mouse remediation from the pool, which was not my favorite thing ever to do.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2009, 12:48:53 PM »

From the Philly Zoo:

Coldilocks waves a get-well- hi- to Jane

cute-thanks.

der Brucer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2009, 12:55:43 PM »

Oy, oy, oy.  Spent the morning at La Manse where we played with one of the two furnaces.  This is the one that is supposed to heat the house.  While it's a fairly new oil burning furnace, it's very low efficiency.  Because they obviously went to FAO years after they disassembled the original oil boiler which provided radiator heat, all of the heat vents upstairs are in the ceiling, obviously not optimal.  I did manage to get a decent airflow upstairs by mostly closing all of the downstairs vents, but it's obvious we'll need a bigger furnace for this house, probably a heat pump which would provide some tax rebates.  I also did dead mouse remediation from the pool, which was not my favorite thing ever to do.

...And you still want to buy this new-old place, DR JMK?
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2009, 01:06:16 PM »

Well with a little (a lot of?) work it could be a real showcase.  It's incredibly beautiful out there.  If you are a fan of Little People, Big World, the Roloffs live right down the street.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #96 on: December 02, 2009, 01:07:39 PM »

Well with a little (a lot of?) work it could be a real showcase.  It's incredibly beautiful out there.  If you are a fan of Little People, Big World, the Roloffs live right down the street.

My sister and niece love that show!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #97 on: December 02, 2009, 01:08:54 PM »

It has rained ALL DAY LONG. It was pouring down five minutes ago, but mostly it's drizzled the rest of the day. Quite tedious, but if we get a month's worth of rain in a few days, let the rest of the month be dry.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #98 on: December 02, 2009, 01:12:01 PM »

I stiil haven't decided how I feel about the previews for James Cameron's forthcoming sci fi film AVATAR. I do know it hasn't made me want to see the film.

I watched the trailer on the NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM 2 Blu-ray the other day, and it certainly didn't make ME want to see the film. Sci-fi fans may be salivating, but it did nothing for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #99 on: December 02, 2009, 01:12:50 PM »

Ausiello is reporting that when UGLY BETTY returns in january it will be on wednesdays at 10pm.

I don't really have a problem with it being on Wednesdays (although i've gotten used to it on fridays). But i wonder if it is a 10pm show.

This will put the final nail in its coffin, I fear. It is definitely NOT a 10 p.m. show.

Jane

« Reply #100 on: December 02, 2009, 01:12:56 PM »

i'm fine now...last nite i woke keith screaming his name.  i have no idea how to explain the lite show going on.  brite flashes of kite were flashing with incredible speed.  the 2nd time it happened i managed 2 stay calm, take a deep breath and stp it.  it didn't happen again.  that was the last, and scariest straw, no more morphine for me.  i'm sticking with the 4 hour, fewer side effects, med and hoping it is enough.

I had really strange dreams in July when I was on the codein that Ron brought me until my doctor was persuaded to prescribe pain meds. I remember tearing the bedding apart and throwing it around the bed.

up until now i've been able to distinguish the diff between hallucinations & simply strange.  i keep telling keith what i'm experiencing is similar to sam in LIFE ON MARS.

the last couple of days i noticed my pupils were constricted & last nite they felt odd & i swear i could feel my eyes pulsating.  i don't think i was hallucinating.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 01:14:36 PM by Jane »

Matt H.

« Reply #101 on: December 02, 2009, 01:14:34 PM »

My new bank/debit/credit card came today, thank the lord! Maybe I can get a couple of things ordered before they go off sale.

Matt H.

« Reply #102 on: December 02, 2009, 01:16:12 PM »

I began my afternoon viewing with another look at A VERY SUNNY CHRISTMAS. It ought to be a very FUNNY Christmas because it is. One has to be in the mood for idiot comedy, and I guess I was today, because it made me laugh all over again even though I just watched it last week.

Matt H.

« Reply #103 on: December 02, 2009, 01:17:59 PM »

Next, I watched an episode of SUPERNATURAL - season four on Blu-ray. This was the episode where we learned who was really responsible for the deaths of several angels and that particular entity was destroyed. Not a very pleasant episode but an effective one, and once again, Jensen Ackles came through with the superb performance.

Matt H.

« Reply #104 on: December 02, 2009, 01:20:46 PM »

Then I watched GLADIATOR on Blu-ray. I certainly saw what all the screaming was about. This is one of the most erratic and frustrating transfers I've seen in a while. For every gorgeous, jaw-dropping beautifully high def shot, there are one or two comparable ones with excessive DNR applied making it soft and kind of mushy. It never gets as bad as PATTON or GANGS OF NEW YORK with the digital tampering, and maybe some of the softness was inherent in the original photography (I didn't do any A/B comparisons yet).

But the picture was irritatingly inconsistent. The sound was wonderful: DTS-HD MA 5.1 that was beautifully handled.

Matt H.

« Reply #105 on: December 02, 2009, 01:22:07 PM »

Next, I skimmed through today's ONE LIFE TO LIVE. Loved seeing the boys again, there was a little typical soapy melodrama, and left me wanting to see much more in the days ahead.

Matt H.

« Reply #106 on: December 02, 2009, 01:22:27 PM »

AS THE WORLD TURNS had nothing of interest and nothing in the previews.

FJL

« Reply #107 on: December 02, 2009, 01:22:32 PM »

Surprisingly, lots of little tax questions from people tying to get something deductible in 2009 rather than 2010.  More than usual for the typical December.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #108 on: December 02, 2009, 01:23:46 PM »

Much "high drama" in the office the past couple of days.

Some amusing, some appalling.

All involving "one certain" person (who qualifies as "people", derBrucer, yes indeedy).

I'm biding my time...I have, after today, FOUR MORE WORKDAYS in 2009!

That's right!  Four (count'em FOUR).

Ha!  I got ya beat--I'm outta here on Friday!

Ha, I say!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

« Reply #109 on: December 02, 2009, 01:24:43 PM »

I haven't decided what I want to watch when I go back down. It might be time to watch another of the HD-DVDs that are sitting there. That machine needs to be taken on a periodic spin so its parts won't deteriorate from lack of movement. I've got HOLLYWOODLAND and BABEL and DAYLIGHT and CINDERELLA MAN and GRAND PRIX on HD-DVD (among other titles), so that may be the way to go today.

Once again, I got no new review material in the mail, so I'm assuming I'm going to have another day off tomorrow.

Jane

« Reply #110 on: December 02, 2009, 01:32:27 PM »

the joys of having a pool, not ones i remember fondly.

Jane

« Reply #111 on: December 02, 2009, 01:34:20 PM »

the manse reminds me a bit of our fist home in michigan, the one we call "the money pit"

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: December 02, 2009, 01:54:22 PM »

Jane, stay off the morphine otherwise you'll end up like Katherine Hepburn in Long Day's Journey Into Night.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: December 02, 2009, 01:55:10 PM »

Back from errands and whatnot, picking up some packages, having lunch with dear reader Jeanne, and now off to ship Brent some more CDs.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #114 on: December 02, 2009, 02:00:05 PM »

Not sure if this is a shocker or just news....

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/family-ties-star-meredith-baxter-i-m-a-lesbian/32014?nc

No, here is the real shocker...

POPEATER

And there was one time when I was concerned that there might be some press interest ... I didn't know but I got a little paranoid and Nancy's a general contractor so she has a truck ...

Lesbian's drive trucks...who knew?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #115 on: December 02, 2009, 02:07:57 PM »

Because they obviously went to FAO years after they disassembled the original oil boiler...

Furnace shopping at a toy store?

der Brucer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: December 02, 2009, 02:09:29 PM »

My new bank/debit/credit card came today, thank the lord! Maybe I can get a couple of things ordered before they go off sale.

Can I send you a list of things to pick up for me?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: December 02, 2009, 02:10:25 PM »

I began my afternoon viewing with another look at A VERY SUNNY CHRISTMAS. It ought to be a very FUNNY Christmas because it is. One has to be in the mood for idiot comedy, and I guess I was today, because it made me laugh all over again even though I just watched it last week.

Get Season 1 from Netflix and enjoy the ride. I cannot wait for Season 5!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: December 02, 2009, 02:12:05 PM »

Jane, stay off the morphine otherwise you'll end up like Katherine Hepburn in Long Day's Journey Into Night.

LOL!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2009, 02:13:40 PM »

the joys of having a pool, not ones i remember fondly.

When your mobile and mending you would really enjoy a pool.

der Brucer

The natural buoyancy provided by the pool water lets you exercise a healing shoulder with out it having to bear the weight of the entire arm.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up