Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BIG TO-DO  (Read 13910 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: THE BIG TO-DO
« Reply #90 on: November 08, 2009, 10:10:38 AM »

From Matt H:
I finished my evening viewing with Friday night's WHITE COLLAR. I did enjoy this episode much more than last week's. Had some decent mystery and surprise to it, and a lovely dog subplot for DR Jane.   

Are you referring to Book of Hours?  What dog subplot? ;D  Honest, I don't remember one. 

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #91 on: November 08, 2009, 10:30:29 AM »

DR Jennifer, how is your niece today?

DR elmore, feel better vibes!

DAW

« Reply #92 on: November 08, 2009, 10:30:47 AM »

a local production of "The Turn of the Screw"

They were doing this also just a block from my hotel in Toronto!

DAW

« Reply #93 on: November 08, 2009, 10:36:02 AM »

~~~~~GET WELL VIBES TO DR JMK'S DS ZACH~~~~~

DITTO!!!!

DAW

« Reply #94 on: November 08, 2009, 10:40:39 AM »

I listened to BB's new Xmas album, Christmas Mornings, on the way to and from church this morning.  It is a delight from start to finish; the arrangements/orchestrations are sparkling and fresh and unexpected, the vocals are magnificent, and the two "new" songs are wonderful additions to the seasonal repertoire.  Highly recommended!

DAW

« Reply #95 on: November 08, 2009, 10:41:11 AM »

Thanks for posting the screen caps, DR George!!     :)

DAW

« Reply #96 on: November 08, 2009, 10:42:10 AM »

Wouldn't the celebration tomorrow have more something to do with the anniversary of the inception of HHW?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: November 08, 2009, 10:48:46 AM »

Ya think?

DAW

« Reply #98 on: November 08, 2009, 10:50:41 AM »

Although if Emily were to drop by, I'm sure that she'd be more than welcome!      :D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #99 on: November 08, 2009, 10:57:32 AM »

That's what I was thinkin' too.  Just sayin'.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #100 on: November 08, 2009, 11:04:42 AM »

Good Afternoon!

Well... My friend who I was supposed to go to the piano recital with woke up feeling "not so good", so... I think I may just spend an hour or two out in the sun(light). -I also just looked up the venue for this afternoon's recital, and there's no listing for the pianist in question.  Hmmm...
Make Your Own Luck.

DAW

« Reply #101 on: November 08, 2009, 11:07:08 AM »

Wouldn't that make a great title for...something?

The Pianist In Question...       :D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #102 on: November 08, 2009, 11:08:56 AM »

Are they giving this swine flu shot anywhere in the San Fernando Valley?  Or even the regular flu shot?  Or is it too late?

My brother tried to get the seasonal flu shot & there wasn't any.  I would keep checking in case more comes in this month.  As for the swine flu, we are low on the priority list so chances are it won't be available to us for a long while.

Around my area, I have seen that several Swine Flu Shot Clinics have been cancelled due to shortages.  One sign said Health Workers Only!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #103 on: November 08, 2009, 11:09:34 AM »

In other news...

Another friend of mine has been dealing with a case of bedbugs in his apartment over the past couple of weeks. Well, after two extensive fumigations, he was still waking up every now and then with new bites, so he had the exterminator do some sort of test in his apartment.  He just got the test results back, and it turns out that he's been dealing with bird mites! Yuck! and Yikes!
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #104 on: November 08, 2009, 11:10:36 AM »

That's what I was thinkin' too.  Just sayin'.

:)

DITTO!  Just sayin'.
“One thing’s universal,

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #105 on: November 08, 2009, 11:12:48 AM »

What are the odds? Betcha!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #106 on: November 08, 2009, 11:14:20 AM »

Although, I thought the anniversary was November 7.  Oh well, I seem to have a lot of trouble with dates.   ;)
“One thing’s universal,

DAW

« Reply #107 on: November 08, 2009, 11:22:22 AM »

I seem to have a lot of trouble with dates. 

Perhaps you should try figs.

DAW

« Reply #108 on: November 08, 2009, 11:22:52 AM »

TELEVISION ALERT:   Figure Skating on NBC from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM today!!!!!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: November 08, 2009, 11:27:57 AM »

In other news...

Another friend of mine has been dealing with a case of bedbugs in his apartment over the past couple of weeks. Well, after two extensive fumigations, he was still waking up every now and then with new bites, so he had the exterminator do some sort of test in his apartment.  He just got the test results back, and it turns out that he's been dealing with bird mites! Yuck! and Yikes!

We had them in the building last year during the Big Bedbug Battle; a neighbor on the second floor was so bothered by both the mites and bedbugs that her parents forced her to move out of the apartment into another space. I think they're coming from the pigeons on the fire escapes; advise your friend to invest in some allergin screens for all open windows, and to do several bug bombs over a couple of weeks. Also, wash all bedding and scrub everything with ammonia.

I also regulary wash my allergin screens and filters in an ammonia solution.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 11:33:20 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #110 on: November 08, 2009, 11:35:01 AM »

In other news...

We had them in the building last year during the Big Bedbug Battle; a neighbor on the second floor was so bothered by both the mites and bedbugs that her parents forced her to move out of the apartment into another space. I think they're coming from the pigeons on the fire escapes; advise your friend to invest in some allergin screens for all open windows, and to do several bug bombs over a couple of weeks. Also, wash all bedding and scrub everything with ammonia.

Do you think the pigeons got in from Mikey?
“One thing’s universal,

DAW

« Reply #111 on: November 08, 2009, 11:38:41 AM »

Every time one of the skaters goes by the rink-side ad reading LOTTE, I keep thinking: Lenya??

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: November 08, 2009, 11:47:18 AM »

In other news...

Do you think the pigeons got in from Mikey?

I told him to keep the damned window closed! His whining to come inside was driving me crazy.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 11:57:28 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: November 08, 2009, 11:54:51 AM »

Every time one of the skaters goes by the rink-side ad reading LOTTE, I keep thinking: Lenya??

DR TCB might think of Lotta Faust, who starred in the 1905 tour of THE WIZARD OF OZ as Tryxie Tryfle the waitress. She and the chorus girls sang the big hit "Sammy" to a gentleman seated in one of the stage boxes.  Poor Lotta died in 1910 at the age of 30. Probably a bad abortion.

Victor Herbert played for her funeral and he and his BABES IN TOYLAND collaborator Glen MacDonough were two of the pallbearers.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 11:59:04 AM by elmore3003 »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #114 on: November 08, 2009, 12:08:16 PM »

DR TCB might think of Lotta Faust, who starred in the 1905 tour of THE WIZARD OF OZ as Tryxie Tryfle the waitress. She and the chorus girls sang the big hit "Sammy" to a gentleman seated in one of the stage boxes.  Poor Lotta died in 1910 at the age of 30. Probably a bad abortion.

Victor Herbert played for her funeral and he and his BABES IN TOYLAND collaborator Glen MacDonough were two of the pallbearers.

Nope, never knew her!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #115 on: November 08, 2009, 12:11:06 PM »

I did know Herbie (as I used to call him).
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #116 on: November 08, 2009, 12:12:32 PM »

Ewww!  Reply 116 - the same as elmore's age!
“One thing’s universal,

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #117 on: November 08, 2009, 12:13:31 PM »

Thanks for the vibes.  Zach's fever seems to have broken, at least temporarily, and he sure looks better now than he did even this morning.  I know that flu has coughs--what I was wondering was does the swine flu have a *croupy* cough.  Typically when I get the flu I don't get that deep raspy croupy cough, just run of the mill sneezing or coughing.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #118 on: November 08, 2009, 12:14:06 PM »

Ewww!  Reply 116 - the same as elmore's age!

TCB, your dyslexia is kicking in again.   ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #119 on: November 08, 2009, 12:14:23 PM »

We're not sure if it's Swine Flu, but DS Zach is very sick.  His fever spiked up over 101 just within a few hours yesterday.  Thankfully it's back down around 100 now, but, boy, does he look bad and he has a really bad cough.  Does swine flu produce a croupy cough?

~~~Get Well Quickly Vibes for DR JMK's DS Zach!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up