Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: WHO LOVES YOU, BABY?  (Read 14021 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: WHO LOVES YOU, BABY?
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2009, 11:31:48 AM »

Hmmm...I wonder if they announce a winner yet on the CBS.com contest--the one where the winner gets a colonoscopy from Patti LuPone?

With her bare hands!

I love her, but she's fierce.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2009, 11:36:11 AM »

Patti is hard to take sometimes - even when she's 100% right.

DR ELMORE I am not sure there are five people in my cast who even know who Beau B. is.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2009, 12:02:33 PM »

So here's today's logic-defying idiocy on AS THE WORLD TURNS:
  1.  The homophobic psychodad, who tried to kill his son's boyfriend and who should be in prison, is back in the military under the name "Hasbro" (as in toys) not too far from the town where the soap takes place and, by some chance, is the liaison in his son's attempt to make a film about him. Oy!
  2. Riley, who apparently isn't Riley but is apparently homeless, although for a soldier I suppose he could always go back to the base, is being blackmailed by psychodad to do his dirty work
  3. Isn't someone in the miltary remotely aware of all this fraud/false identity? Where are the proper dog tags?

« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 03:52:28 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: June 23, 2009, 12:03:29 PM »

Patti is hard to take sometimes - even when she's 100% right.

DR ELMORE I am not sure there are five people in my cast who even know who Beau B. is.

DR JRand58, I doubt there are five members in your cast who knew a week ago that MAN OF LA MANCHA was based on a book by Cervantes!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #94 on: June 23, 2009, 12:10:18 PM »

Laura

« Reply #95 on: June 23, 2009, 12:19:46 PM »

Accuweather is now saying we have a 50% chance of rain for the next couple of hours.

This whole June has been strange. Ordinarily, it would NEVER rain in June (unless the monsoon started in the last couple days of the month).
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

Jane

« Reply #96 on: June 23, 2009, 12:26:30 PM »

Normal or not, I hope you get the rain.

MBarnum

« Reply #97 on: June 23, 2009, 12:36:22 PM »

A book I ordered just arrived...a biography of voice artist Alan Reed. Should be interesting, I hope.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: June 23, 2009, 12:52:58 PM »

A book I ordered just arrived...a biography of voice artist Alan Reed. Should be interesting, I hope.

I hope the drawings are bright and colorful to keep your attention with lots of puppies and kittens and the text doesn't beco,e too difficult with a large number of 3-syllable or more words.

Do you all remember about a month ago when a DR posted that he/she'd just seen me on DATELINE? My fifth floor neighbor just told me he saw me as well. Hmmm. I remember their filming in the bodega when I was there, but since they didn't interview me, I thought no more about it.

MBarnum

« Reply #99 on: June 23, 2009, 12:56:40 PM »

I see that the new John Abraham Bollywood movie NEW YORK is opening this weekend!

It is playing in Cornelius, Oregon which is a bit of a drive from Salem...but, I might go.

I have heard it is a very good, serious film. It is about 3 Indian/American college students in NY on 9/11, one of whom is mistakenly accused of being terrorist.

Here is the trailer (this is the movie filmed on location in Manhatten last year, DR Jose). It starts out all happy, but then turns rather grim. It looks really good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACmWzU7m1eQ&feature=related

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: June 23, 2009, 01:07:47 PM »

I see that the new John Abraham Bollywood movie NEW YORK is opening this weekend!

It is playing in Cornelius, Oregon which is a bit of a drive from Salem...but, I might go.

I have heard it is a very good, serious film. It is about 3 Indian/American college students in NY on 9/11, one of whom is mistakenly accused of being terrorist.

Here is the trailer (this is the movie filmed on location in Manhatten last year, DR Jose). It starts out all happy, but then turns rather grim. It looks really good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACmWzU7m1eQ&feature=related

Maybe they'll sing and dance as bodies fall around them.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #101 on: June 23, 2009, 01:12:07 PM »

R.I.P., Ed McMahon!      :( 

Ditto.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #102 on: June 23, 2009, 01:20:09 PM »

Would DR's in the know here suggest that I use my optical audio cable with my Blu Ray player?

As opposed to what? Are you using the RCA red-white/stereo cables? Do you just have the HDMI hooked up to the TV and that's all you've been using?

The optical will give you a high bitrate Dolby Digital or DTS sound. It won't be the highest calibre of sound (the lossless codecs) because they're too bitheavy to be carried over the optical cable. Only HDMI into a receiver or 5.1 analog cables to the receiver can give you the highest level of sound.

The optical is the next best choice.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #103 on: June 23, 2009, 01:22:55 PM »

On TV Tonight!™

ABC - SUPERSTARS, BETTER OFF TED, PRIMETIME: FAMILY SECRETS
NBC - I'M A CELEBRITY!, AMERICA'S GOT TALENT (two hour season premiere)
FOX - MENTAL
CW  - HITCHED OR DITCHED
FX   - RESCUE ME
TNT - WEDDING DAY, HAWTHORNE, SAVING GRACE

And Part 1 of the "The Real Housewives of New Jersey: Reunion" on Bravo!!!!

::)

*Part 2 will air Thursday night.

Thanks for the addition.

:o

Matt H.

« Reply #104 on: June 23, 2009, 01:28:02 PM »

So here's today's logic-defying idiocy on AS THE WORLD TURNS:
  1.  The homophobic psychodad, who tried to kill his son's boyfriend and who should be in prison, is back in the military under the name "Hasbro" (as in toys) not too far from the town where the soap takes place and, by some chance, is the liaison in his son's attempt to make a film about him. Oy!
  2. Riley, who apparently isn't Riley but is apparently homeless, although for a soldier I suppose he could always go back to the base, is being blackmailed by psychodad to do his dirty work
  3. Isn't someone in the miltary remotely aware of all this fraud/false identity? Where are the proper dog tags?

DR fjl, please ask your writer friend to assure you this idiocy is not theirs!

I recorded it but was too busy with my work project to watch it, and now I don't think I will. It's just too stupid to go along with.

I also recorded today's THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS since the Adam story looks to be getting interesting now. I may switch to that instead and let AS THE WORLD TURNS go by the boards for a while.

Matt H.

« Reply #105 on: June 23, 2009, 01:29:45 PM »

I watched last night's CROSSING THE BAR while I ate lunch. There was a gay bashing case in one of the storylines (Peter Paige was a guest star), so that was interesting.

It also came out that the judge being played by guest star John Michael Higgins is gay which will probably be used in some future plots.

Matt H.

« Reply #106 on: June 23, 2009, 01:31:28 PM »

Then, I watched the first four season 2 episodes of BURN NOTICE. Michael is trying to find out about the mysterious Carla who seems to know about his burn notice but isn't giving anything up to him. I don't quite remember how this running storyline plays out, so that's keeping my attention very well. The cases in each episode are almost always top notch.

Matt H.

« Reply #107 on: June 23, 2009, 01:33:37 PM »

I'm disappointed in the quality of the Blu-ray transfers. The color saturation is very rich, but there are so many soft focus shots; it barely looks better than regular upconverted DVD transfers. But then there is that occasional shot that knocks your socks off and lets you know you're watching high definition.

Still, I'm sure it's not the Blu-ray's fault. The show is filmed that way, but it still isn't in the same league with a transfer like LOST or SUPERNATURAL or MAD MEN on Blu-ray.

Matt H.

« Reply #108 on: June 23, 2009, 01:34:50 PM »

So far the only bonus features I've fiddled with is deleted scenes. There have been five thus far in the first four episodes. The discs have the deleted scenes paired with each episode they're removed from, so I see them as I go rather than finding them later all piled together in one place.

Jane

« Reply #109 on: June 23, 2009, 01:46:18 PM »

Did anyone watch Merlin?  The writers have their own script of events, including Ben Franklin eye glasses during the time of Camelot. 

Jane

« Reply #110 on: June 23, 2009, 01:48:27 PM »

I kind of feel bad for the S.C. governor.  He just wanted to go for a hike, his biggest mistake seems that he hiked out of state instead of in state.  I bet if he really needed to be found someone would have known where to look for him.  For safety reasons I think it was best he kept it a secret.

MBarnum

« Reply #111 on: June 23, 2009, 01:52:36 PM »

TOD:

I think that ROBOT MONSTER would make a perfectly fun musical.

MBarnum

« Reply #112 on: June 23, 2009, 01:56:11 PM »

NEW YORK is one of those rare Bollywood movies that has no musical numbers.

It does, however, had a completely nekkid John Abraham in custody.

Matt H.

« Reply #113 on: June 23, 2009, 02:21:21 PM »

I'm going to write for just a bit and then head back down to continue with the adventures of Michael Westen.

WBBL.

Ginny

« Reply #114 on: June 23, 2009, 02:24:22 PM »

We are back from seeing Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian, which was quite silly, but fun.  I loved Amy Adams as Amelia Earhart.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: June 23, 2009, 02:36:47 PM »

Jose, I made no comments that should have been surprising to anyone - I'm not exactly silent (as you well know) when I am not happy with something.  The only person who apparently was bothered by not being in the list of people I'd take to NY was Alet.  What she told me was a "flurry" of e-mails between cast members was exactly one e-mail shared between Barry Pearl, her, and one other person in the cast.  So, it was, in fact, a tempest in a teapot and has more to do with Alet's insecurities than anything else.  I've been very loyal to Alet and once we discussed it she understood that and the fact that nothing I write here should be taken to heart, because I frequently just write off the cuff and don't always complete thoughts.  The cast members I was being negative about (and with good reason) all knew exactly how I felt, although they have not and probably never will read this site or the comments, which, of course, were non-specific and didn't use any names.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: June 23, 2009, 02:37:59 PM »

I'm done with errands and whatnot.  And, best of all, I traipsed to Langer's for a pastrami sandwich.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: June 23, 2009, 02:40:52 PM »

I spent an hour on the phone with paypal but could not get past several idiots in India.  The US tech support people are great, but it's now next to impossible to get yourself transfered to them, although I will try once again, later.  So, we still don't know why the e-mails are not coming through.  I did a test to both kritzerland at adelphia dot net and kritzerland at roadrunner dot com and both came through instantly, so we know it's not ME.  It's them - something is going on but the people in India are complete and utter ninnies and don't know what they're talking about, nor do the supervisors in India - and no one would actually transfer me, save for the first supervisor, who was in the process of transferring me to tech support but instead cut me off.

FJL

« Reply #118 on: June 23, 2009, 03:04:01 PM »

Larry - re your post #92 - why?  As long as you're watching, the writers are doing their job very well.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: June 23, 2009, 03:06:19 PM »

Just spoke to paypal tech support and as suspected it's a problem on their end.  These idiots in India could have saved me a lot of wasted time by simply checking, but that apparently is beyond them.  I'll be writing a letter of complaint about that situation.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up