Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: VICK'S INHALER  (Read 14174 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: VICK'S INHALER
« Reply #150 on: April 16, 2009, 01:24:31 PM »

It was beautiful outside at lunch albeit still a bit cool. I had a light long sleeve sweater on and I had to have a jacket over it to be comfortable. Still, just gorgeous spring day.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #151 on: April 16, 2009, 01:24:46 PM »

Page Six Dance!!!

td

• td
« Reply #152 on: April 16, 2009, 01:25:43 PM »

Now I need to go cut my toenails.

Are you going to contemplate them first, a la TD?

Only if we're all trying to get stoned.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Matt H.

« Reply #153 on: April 16, 2009, 01:25:47 PM »

Lunch ran long and I only had time to watch 2 1/2 more episodes of MISSION IMPOSSIBLE. Warren Stevens is the principal guest star in the one I'm halfway finished watching.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #154 on: April 16, 2009, 01:27:14 PM »

Maybe this will brighten DAW's day:

ASSOCIATED PRESS

Gov. Paterson Announces Plans to Legalize Same-Sex Marriage in New York
"I'm introducing a bill to bring marriage equality to the state of New York," Paterson said to applause, surrounded by leaders including Mayor Michael Bloomberg and City Council Speaker Christine Quinn, who is a lesbian.
Paterson, who is black, framed the issue in sweeping terms, invoking abolitionists Frederick Douglass and Harriet Beecher Stowe and drawing a parallel between the fight to eliminate slavery in the 1800s to the current effort to allow gay marriage.

"Rights should not be stifled by fear. What we should understand is that silence should not be a response to injustice. And that if we take not action, we will surely lose," Paterson said.
Paterson said gay and lesbian couples are denied as many as 1,350 civil protections -- such as health care and pension rights -- because they cannot marry.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Matt H.

« Reply #155 on: April 16, 2009, 01:27:22 PM »

Bradford Dillman was the most famous of the guest stars in the two episodes I watched previously to the one I'm on now.

I'm going to have to decide when to start watching BONES tonight off the DVR and if I want to watch SOUTHLAND "live" tonight or THE OFFICE/30 ROCK and save SOUTHLAND until tomorrow. Decisions, decisions....

td

• td
« Reply #156 on: April 16, 2009, 01:29:41 PM »

My guess for the award winning actress is Donna Murphy.

td

• td
« Reply #157 on: April 16, 2009, 01:31:39 PM »

My ex, one of those bartenders, turned me onto Fisherman's Friend.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #158 on: April 16, 2009, 01:34:08 PM »

MainStreet.com (whomever the heck they are) has just posted their survey of the unhappiest states to live.  I have no idea what their criteria happened to be, but here are a few of the unhappiest states:

1.  Oregon
  3.  California
  4.  Nevada
  6.  Arizona
  9.  Idaho
10.  Washington

GO WEST, YOUNG MAN, GO WEST!

The only reason I can think of is the current unemployment numbers.  Most people in Oregon I meet are happy to be here, maybe because most of them originally lived in California. ;)

Jane

« Reply #159 on: April 16, 2009, 01:34:48 PM »

I wish there were news of DR Vixmom.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #160 on: April 16, 2009, 01:40:23 PM »

One of my favorite candies was Life Savers "Wint-o-green".  Used to open my sinuses instantly.   I'm still a fan of the Vick's inhaler and I make sure I always have one nearby.  I don't use it very much, but when I need it, I need it!

I love Life Savers "Wint-o-Green"!  Especially the super-sized, individually wrapped ones!  Other than that, I'm really not much of a fan of hard candies.  For a while now, I've really been into the cool mint Listerine pocket strips.  I haven't seen them at Costco in quite a while, so I bought some on eBay.  They arrived last week and I'm VERY happy! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #161 on: April 16, 2009, 01:48:20 PM »

One of my favorite candies was Life Savers "Wint-o-green".  Used to open my sinuses instantly.   I'm still a fan of the Vick's inhaler and I make sure I always have one nearby.  I don't use it very much, but when I need it, I need it!

I love Life Savers "Wint-o-Green"!  Especially the super-sized, individually wrapped ones!  Other than that, I'm really not much of a fan of hard candies.  For a while now, I've really been into the cool mint Listerine pocket strips.  I haven't seen them at Costco in quite a while, so I bought some on eBay.  They arrived last week and I'm VERY happy! ;D

Those Listerine strips are addictive.  I have some in a drawer here at work.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #162 on: April 16, 2009, 01:49:24 PM »

Fred, thanks for the feedback and the warning.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #163 on: April 16, 2009, 01:50:52 PM »

Here's a walk down memory lane for some of us!

One of our TV stations used to sign on (around 11 a.m.) with this.  This was in the "olden days" when "some" TV stations didn't broadcast 24-7.  Some were on air only 11 a.m to midnight in those "yonder years."
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: April 16, 2009, 01:51:08 PM »

Some organizing has been done, more to do later. I'm getting there.

And, of course, "Why did I bring all this crap?!!"

Just for the record, I DID throw out more while in Florida. 

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #165 on: April 16, 2009, 01:51:19 PM »

Time to walk the dog.

td

• td
« Reply #166 on: April 16, 2009, 01:53:41 PM »

What lies in the shadow of the statue?

Nikki and Paolo is my guess.  ;)

Matt H.

« Reply #167 on: April 16, 2009, 02:05:25 PM »

The first classy Tony-award winning actress I thought of was Laura Benanti, but with Steven Pasquale at home, why stray?

Matt H.

« Reply #168 on: April 16, 2009, 02:06:09 PM »

I will write just a bit and then head back down to continue with my slate of impossible missions.

WBBL.

Jennifer

« Reply #169 on: April 16, 2009, 02:10:35 PM »

Happy Anniversary to DR JMK and betsy!  I mean to write this earlier. But i'm pretty sure i didn't!

Jane

« Reply #170 on: April 16, 2009, 02:13:54 PM »

Here's a walk down memory lane for some of us!

One of our TV stations used to sign on (around 11 a.m.) with this.  This was in the "olden days" when "some" TV stations didn't broadcast 24-7.  Some were on air only 11 a.m to midnight in those "yonder years."

That was fun, thanks.

Jennifer

« Reply #171 on: April 16, 2009, 02:15:19 PM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

I still like Ricola's. I do like some of their fruitier and herbier flavors, but I usually go back to their original flavor, formulation.

Which is the original? The ones i always use (which i wouldn't call candy but more of a medicine) are the dark green wrappers the echinichea (sp?) ones. If i get a tickle in my throat i always use these.

Jane

« Reply #172 on: April 16, 2009, 02:15:58 PM »

Did someone mention allergies!  I forgot the deck was having stain put on today & the entire house smells of chemicals I'm allergic to.  It could be worse but the last thing I needed was something that makes me itch from the inside out.

I'm going to take a nap, if possible.  I need about 30 more hours of sleep.

Jennifer

« Reply #173 on: April 16, 2009, 02:18:35 PM »

re: american idol

What fascinates me is why anybody would have to rely upon what one of the judges said in order to evaluate how to feel about a performance.

Not everybody is an expect in music to know if someone is singing a note sharp or flat or a note off-key.

I think that in kris' case randy said he was horrible. Not that people necessarily listen to randy. But he was saying it was bad (off pitch ...). If they had heard simon say kris was amazing (i think simon's opinion carries more weight), i think that would have made a difference.

I can't fully understand it if people have their favorites. But the weeks simon has said that adam was not good, he didn't do as well in the voting. And weeks simon said adam was incredible - adam placed 1st (not that you watch or even know who i am talking about).

Jennifer

« Reply #174 on: April 16, 2009, 02:21:37 PM »

Vibes for DR TCB. Feel better soon! ` ````````~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #175 on: April 16, 2009, 02:29:20 PM »

I've heard Randy Jackson praise more crap than anyone.  It's a wonder to me he's still a "judge" on the show.

NOT that any of them are "judges" in the truest sense.  They're "talent raters". 

As for folks not knowing if something is good or not (or sharp or flat or on pitch), I have to say they should probably not vote at all since they have no ability to determine what is good and what isn't.  It amazes me they even watch the show.

George

« Reply #176 on: April 16, 2009, 02:36:19 PM »

Yesterday morning, I headed off to work feeling kind of weird; but since I am pretty weird, I didn't worry too much about it.  At my desk, I kept having a terrible time staying awake.  This situation was not helped by the woman who kept coming by my desk screaming at me for being asleep in my cubicle.  By noon, I was hit with severe chills, a pounding headache, and such terrible stomach cramps that I wasn't sure I could make it to the restroom.  I managed to finish my day at two, but by the time I got home, I was so sick that I went right to bed where I slept on and off until about an hour and a half ago.

I still feel horrible, and will probably climb back into bed very shortly.  Alas, Angel apparently has the flu, too.

~~~Feel and Get Better Vibes for TCB and Angel!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #177 on: April 16, 2009, 02:41:12 PM »

I am back from a most unpleasant dentist appointment.  Because I have been lax (I admit it), due to my never having had a cavity, they had to "make up for lost time," which involved them shooting me full of novocaine so that they could use a sonic blaster to clean my teeth.  And they only did half today!  Oy!  I had more shots today than I think I've had in the past 25 years combined.

My semi-annual dentist appointment is next Tuesday.  I haven't gotten a cavity since high school. :)

George

« Reply #178 on: April 16, 2009, 02:41:43 PM »

Most of this may be old new for the DRs of this here site, but here's an Interview of moi on Charleston Stage's own site.

Congrats, Jose!  Great interview!  And break a leg, tonight!

George

« Reply #179 on: April 16, 2009, 02:49:16 PM »

Those Listerine strips are addictive.  I have some in a drawer here at work.

The ones I bought on eBay were sold from New Jersey, but the packaging indicates that they were made for Greece!  All the writing is in both English and Greek!  But now I'll be able to have them for quite a while...the auction was for 200 packs! :D And even with shipping, they averaged out to be 26¢ each!!  That was a good deal...of course, they're expired but, oh well.  I haven't died yet. ;)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up