Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MOST HAPPY FELLA  (Read 27696 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: THE MOST HAPPY FELLA
« Reply #300 on: November 11, 2008, 07:31:45 PM »

DR Vixmom, even at the age my children are I would worry about them.  You have a wonderful daughter & I believe she has the strength to go through this with you.

Hopefully this will be a semi-easy process.  I'm sure you must be very scared.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #301 on: November 11, 2008, 07:31:51 PM »

well folks, the votes are in.... I see the oncologist on Friday

We have not told the Vixter yet - we will wait until the oncolgist tells us specifics, no need getting her upset when we don't have any specific answers for her

Please keep those prayers and vibes acoming

DR vixmom, the vibes are out there, and the prayers. You know where to reach me if you need me.

:-*

I will tryand keep the 3 AM calls down to a minimum!

That's where the beck stops!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #302 on: November 11, 2008, 07:32:44 PM »

We have not told the Vixter yet - we will wait until the oncolgist tells us specifics, no need getting her upset when we don't have any specific answers for her

DR vixmom, the vibes are out there, and the prayers. You know where to reach me if you need me.

;D

Jane

« Reply #303 on: November 11, 2008, 07:33:29 PM »

'night

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #304 on: November 11, 2008, 07:34:06 PM »

I'm glad work is supportive, I'm sure that gives you a certain level of comfort.  Are you talking your thyroid or something else?

Good for your ENT & all the caring people around you.

I'm thinking positive, good thoughts for you.

no the thyroid is completely unaffected, it seems the thing in my mouth/throat is the culprit and has spead it's nastiness out to my neck

I was in a  bit of a daze when ENT started explaining and a  few things went in one ear and out the other  but Vixdad will be with me on Friday and I will be more ready to write things down and understand completely what we are looking at

He did keep emphazising that my age and overall health are factors in my favor and that we caught this in an early stage 
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #305 on: November 11, 2008, 07:34:16 PM »

DR singdaw, you can remarry in Connecticut!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Danise

« Reply #306 on: November 11, 2008, 07:34:28 PM »

Hi all.  I just got home about 20 minutes ago.  I like the idea of Super Shuttle but sometimes it's pain.  Because I live so far out of Tampa, I could fly back to Atlanta in the time it takes to get me home. 

I don't like to drive home from a trip when I'm already tired.  They are doing major construction out by the airport and I don't want to deal with that either. 

I will get Sheena tomorrow. 

Sorry to post and run but I really just want to go to bed now.

Thank you all again for the vibes and good thoughts.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

vixmom

« Reply #307 on: November 11, 2008, 07:35:25 PM »

That's where the beck stops!

:D :-*

Michael

« Reply #308 on: November 11, 2008, 07:35:49 PM »

Good morning, all! My two tasks today are my church job and THE MOST HAPPY FELLA, such a coincidence!

I remember several days in the studios getting the cast to react to things in the dance music, talking to friends who were in and out to record (my goddaughter Charlotte and her mother both have small roles, as do I)

For the record Mr. Moore played the role of the bus driver, Charlotte Vaughn Raines played the little girl, her mother Donna D. Vaughn played Agnes Jones.

Also on the recording in smaller roles Kristin Chenoweth as the Country Girl, HHW's own Sean McDermott played the City Boy and also other HHW's rep players like George Lee Andrews, George Dvorsky, Guy Stroman.

The sad part of this is that Richard Muenz who had this beautiful voice no longer sings. I am not exactly sure of the reason, but musical theater lost a great singer
Never stop dreaming.

Danise

« Reply #309 on: November 11, 2008, 07:37:54 PM »

Oh my gosh, (((((VIXMOM)))))!   I just read your post.  You know that my thoughts and every kind of good vibes is be sent your way!  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If there is anything I can do, please let me know.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #310 on: November 11, 2008, 07:38:47 PM »

Back from another long and winding day.  I had a bunch of errands to do, and then a friend and I went to Dino's, which I've been yearning to do since sampling their pepperoni pizza a few weeks ago.  We split a medium pizza (eight slices - but very small slices, rather like a CPK pizza) - we each had four and boy were they great - maybe the best pizza in LA right now.  I then went to the Apple Store and bought a car charger for the phone - very inexpensive and a good thing to have.  Then, and I know this will make Jose very happy, I bought a new pair of running shoes - very nice ones, and they put special insoles in them for me.  Then I delivered a big box o' CDs to a local dealer, then I finally came home.

Danise

« Reply #311 on: November 11, 2008, 07:40:06 PM »

BTW--not a peep out of that guy -- at least not that I know of since he didn't sit anywhere near me. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #312 on: November 11, 2008, 07:40:39 PM »

People here will, I'm quite certain, remember at least one of us trying to spread the Wall-E word around these here parts - and no one was having any of it.  No matter how brilliant I said it was, no matter how hard I tried to get people to go see it, nothing.  Now, with the DVD, everyone is finding out just how right I was - Wall-E is, I believe, the lowest grossing Pixar film, or close to it, and I have no clew as to why, since it's a work of art and, for me, the best Pixar ever.

Michael

« Reply #313 on: November 11, 2008, 07:40:51 PM »

My memory is that the New York cast overdubs happened in early 1999, after John Yap had finished mixing the sessions from London, and I remember several days in the studios getting the cast to react to things in the dance music, talking to friends who were in and out to record (my goddaughter Charlotte and her mother both have small roles, as do I), and spending a lot of time chatting with Emily, Jo, and Karen Ziemba, whom I adore.  I remember a playthrough later in the year at MTI for the entire cast and how moved I was by it.

Once more for the record of the record: March 27-31, April 1-3 and June 18 1999 in NYC at the Clinton Recording Studios

The London sessions were December15-19 1997 & March 3-4 1998 at Abby Road Studios

About a year and have it took to record the show.
Never stop dreaming.

vixmom

« Reply #314 on: November 11, 2008, 07:57:11 PM »

BTW--not a peep out of that guy -- at least not that I know of since he didn't sit anywhere near me. 

He may have been trying to get thr attention of the crew hoping for an upgrade to "make him more comfortable"

I must admit to being somewhat devious when flying with the Vixter when she was under 2 and it was free - the way it worked was if you had an empty seat next to you  you coul dput the car seat there, if not you held the baby on your lap for the flight - well if the plane was not full and the seat next to me was taken I would just say (very sweetly and innocently)

"Gosh I hope she doesn't spend THIS portion of the trip crying and being sick"

and suddenly the person would have a quiet word in tht ear of the flight attendant and the next thing I would know there would be a vacant seat next to me! 

Michael

« Reply #315 on: November 11, 2008, 07:58:05 PM »

This is the Complete Recording of The Most Happy Fella

The song Wanting To Be Wanted is a bonus track and it was orchestrated by Mr. Moore
Never stop dreaming.

vixmom

« Reply #316 on: November 11, 2008, 07:58:34 PM »

She was a very good traveler and never was sick or cried on any of our flights

and I was always very glad

vixmom

« Reply #317 on: November 11, 2008, 07:59:38 PM »

This is the Complete Recording of The Most Happy Fella

The song Wanting To Be Wanted is a bonus track and it was orchestrated by Mr. Moore

then THIS is the version I must get!

vixmom

« Reply #318 on: November 11, 2008, 08:00:18 PM »

I think I will go cuddle with Vixdad

LATERS

Laura

« Reply #319 on: November 11, 2008, 08:05:26 PM »

Good night, Vixmom. Try to get some rest.
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

Cillaliz

« Reply #320 on: November 11, 2008, 08:05:41 PM »

MAJOR VIBES TO VIXMOM~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cillaliz

« Reply #321 on: November 11, 2008, 08:06:31 PM »

BK, I went to WALL-E in the theater back when you were talking about it and loved it. I'm sure I mentioned it at the time. It is a wonderful film.

Cillaliz

« Reply #322 on: November 11, 2008, 08:08:03 PM »

DR Danise, glad your trip was successful, even if it was difficult.  Hope you can get some rest and I'm sure Sheena will be VERY glad to see you tomorrow.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #323 on: November 11, 2008, 08:14:25 PM »

MAJOR VIBES TO VIXMOM!!!!!
You will be in my prayers.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #324 on: November 11, 2008, 08:21:14 PM »

Good Evening!

I'm back from Carnegie Hall's Zankel Hall, and I have to say I was totally WOW'd by Jeremy Denk's performance.  Just even thinking about programming two titans of the Pianist's Repertoire on one recital is daunting enough, but then to actually do it, play it and be able to communicate with the audience so clearly - while showing a true understanding and love of the material - is a major accomplishment.  At first, I thought putting the Ives' "Concord Sonata" before Beethoven's "Hammerklavier" was reverse programming, but it totally worked.

The Ives quotes Beethoven freely and obviously, sometimes with humor, sometimes with irony, other times in honor, so I figured it would go on the second half of the program.  However, by placing the Beethoven second, you were able to see just how revolutionary - and downright weird! - Beethoven was during his time - and still is now.  -And then, as an encore, Jeremy played the slow movement of the Ives again - which didn't seem so "new" this time after hearing the Beethoven.

Needless to say, his pianism and virtuosity was and is beyond reproach, and it was all - to use an oft-used phrase - in the service of the Music, the Composers.  Yes, I was impressed with the speed of the runs, the clarity of the trills, the accuracy of the leaps, but throughout it all, it just all made sense.  And, for anyone who's attempted to listen, read or play through either piece, that really is saying something.

*And I believe DR singdaw enjoyed the recital as well. :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #325 on: November 11, 2008, 08:22:28 PM »

DR vixmom - So... If you tell me which trains I need to take to get out to your part of Long Island...

~~~~~VIBES OF COMFORT, UNDERSTANDING AND FORTITUDE FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #326 on: November 11, 2008, 08:22:42 PM »

Yes, a couple of people went and I know it was loved.  But I also remember a whole slew of other hainsies/kimlets who had every sort of excuse under the sun about not going - in other words, there was something about this film that wasn't "must see."  Since it's a brilliant work of art, I have no idea what that something was.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #327 on: November 11, 2008, 08:23:12 PM »

DR Danise - Welcome back to Tampa.  I hope you slept well back in your own bed, and I know that you'll have a nice reunion with Sheena tomorrow.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #328 on: November 11, 2008, 08:25:22 PM »

Yes, a couple of people went and I know it was loved.  But I also remember a whole slew of other hainsies/kimlets who had every sort of excuse under the sun about not going - in other words, there was something about this film that wasn't "must see."  Since it's a brilliant work of art, I have no idea what that something was.

Do we have to go through all of this again?!?!?!

The DRs who normally go out to the theaters to see movies, saw "WALL-E" when it came out.  And, now, those who usually end up watching movies on DVD will do so now.

*And if only five or six DRs actually saw "Wall-E" during it's original theatrical release, then that's still a good percentage of regular DRs who saw the film. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #329 on: November 11, 2008, 08:26:13 PM »

The movie also had a very weird release schedule when it came out too.  It stayed for weeks in some markets, while some places only had it for one or two weeks.
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up