Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: I REEK OF GARLIC  (Read 69656 times)

MBarnum

Re: I REEK OF GARLIC
« Reply #150 on: October 05, 2008, 04:32:39 PM »

Wow, it is as slow day at HHW.

I am watching a scary Bollywood movie called AATMA (2006). It has the ghost of a murderded man haunting a (very) handsome young doctor who was paid off to do a phony post mortem on the deceased's body.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #151 on: October 05, 2008, 04:35:23 PM »

And as for dinner...  I improvised a stew with some chicken, white beans and spinach, and I roasted up some purple potatoes.  It was quite a nice dinner for a cool, Fall evening.

*Oh, and some Côtes du Rhône too. :)

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #152 on: October 05, 2008, 04:36:39 PM »

DR MBarnum - Do all Bollywood movies need to be "OK'd" and "TESTED"?
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #153 on: October 05, 2008, 04:38:45 PM »

Druxy, as I said in my long post, yes, it did pick up, but not by much.  I mean, when Leslie Nielsen doesn't have anyone at his table and I can walk right up, something is wrong.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: October 05, 2008, 04:41:37 PM »

I've said it before and I'll say it again - in this economy, and after so many years of doing these shows, Ray needs to rethink in total what he's doing.  He won't, unfortunately.  I would cut this back to twice a year.  Or, if he's going to do it four times a year and on Saturday and Sunday, I would somehow find a way to split the celebs over the two days, so that there's a whole new influx of great people on the second day.  And I hate to say it, but I would go back to the Beverly Garland hotel, and go back to having five dealer rooms and one room for the celebs - yes, it was much smaller, but it was ALWAYS jammed.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #155 on: October 05, 2008, 04:44:44 PM »

Finished An American In Paris in Brown, and watched the retrospective featurette with my favorite Dr. Drew Casper who, of all the people in the featurette, is the ONLY one who sounds like a complete nincompoop.  Hugh Fordin, Gene Lees, and others all come off okay.  Now I'm watching the included American Masters doc on Gene Kelly, which is nice.  This set also has one of my all-time favorite cartoons, a work of genius called Symphony In Slang, directed by Tex Avery.  However, if this is the condition these cartoons are in, it's pretty pitiful.  I'm afraid to put on Gigi, but I will.  Also, what WB box set has The Pirate - I'd think I'd have it, but I can't find it.

td

• td
« Reply #156 on: October 05, 2008, 04:47:24 PM »

CLASSIC MOVIES FROM THE DREAM FACTORY VOLUME 2, bk.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #157 on: October 05, 2008, 04:50:59 PM »

I'm back from ENTER LAUGHING, which I liked. I think it's a very funny but very very flawed show, and the direction and cast were wonderful. My friend Josh was really wonderful, and he reminded me quite a lot of BK's performance in THE FIRST NUDIE MUSICAL.  I lost my program on the way home, so I don't remember all of the cast, but the two major ladies in the show, Wanda the girlfriend and the actress-daughter of the impressario, had very funny material to sing.  George S. Irving is amazing as he's alwaus been and his "Butler's Song," very raunchy and tres rude, was one of the funniest things in a funny afternoon.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

td

• td
« Reply #158 on: October 05, 2008, 04:51:23 PM »

I can warn you, bk, you will not like the transfer of THE PIRATE.  Between it and AN AMERICAN IN PARIS, it's a close race to which has the least impressive transfer.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

singdaw

« Reply #159 on: October 05, 2008, 05:07:28 PM »

Good evening, DRs.

That is all.

Danise

« Reply #160 on: October 05, 2008, 05:10:01 PM »

DR Danise - Welcome to the Cult of Mac!  ;)

Did you get an iMac?  or did you really splurge on a Mac Pro?

As for the cost, I think as you start getting more comfortable and explore more of the "on board" features, you'll find that your "splurge" was a cost-effective purchase.  Or something like that.  ;)

*And the free classes at the Apple Store are a great resource.  Sometimes I will just sit by and listen in on one if it's dealing with a program I don't think I really need.  ;)

Sorry I missed your post, DR Jose and a big thank you to you and Jane for the help.  I got an iMac but the 24" screen.  My vision is anything but good and I thought the big screen would help and it has.  Since I sit in front of the computer for so long, I thought that would justify it.  Now to pay for it.  :)

I now have the new printer and the My books attached.  I'm pretty good at setting these things up but it tires me out.  I'm not up to a lot of exploring right now.  I know I can't find my photos on the My Book they (meaning Best Buy) put them on. 

I'll try to figure that out later.  At worse, at least I know that I can go back to the Window OP down the road and get my photos then.

I bought a book about moving from a PC to Mac.  I just haven't had time to read it yet.  I think it will make a good reference.

I bought the Mobile Me because I wanted the 20 gigs of storage.  I've learned my lesson about backing things up.  Of course when the guy told me that it backs up to someplace in california, I said, it would be my luck they'll have the big one and I'll STILL lose my data!  :)

The keyboard wire just fits my platform but I can already tell that the wireless mouse will be a must. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #161 on: October 05, 2008, 05:21:33 PM »

Hi Danise,

Are you posting from your new computer?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #162 on: October 05, 2008, 05:25:42 PM »

DR Danise - You're welcome.  ;)

As for your transition from PC to Mac... The Apple Store's Geniuses - at the Genius Bar - will help you transfer your files over.  -If you feel like lugging your PC to the Apple Store.  ;)

Did you also spring for the Apple Care?  If you didn't, you can buy is anytime within the next 12 months.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #163 on: October 05, 2008, 05:26:24 PM »

Hmm... So I guess "TAR" is delayed by 30 minutes tonight... :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

Laura

« Reply #164 on: October 05, 2008, 05:50:14 PM »

I have nothing to say, except that my football team won today. It's a fairly rare occurrence, so it's something to celebrate.
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #165 on: October 05, 2008, 06:01:33 PM »

I have nothing to say, except that my football team won today. It's a fairly rare occurrence, so it's something to celebrate.

What position do you play?
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #166 on: October 05, 2008, 06:07:04 PM »

I'm sorry you can't say you got rain.  Nice your team won :)

The Dodgers & the Phillies are going to play each other, oh do I wish I could go to a game with DS Craig.  The first game we took the boys to, while living outside Philadelphia, was a Dodger/Phillies game.  I screamed myself hoarse rooting for the Dodgers.  Mike Schmidt hit three home runs.  By the end of the game DS Bryan, whom I embarrassed to no end, never wanted to go to a game again.  Craig became a BIG Phillies fan and Mike Schmidt became his hero. 

I wish Craig could go to a Phillies game, with or without me.  Even if he could get a ticket he can't afford what they are charging for the playoffs. 

singdaw

« Reply #167 on: October 05, 2008, 06:16:51 PM »

Cillaliz

« Reply #168 on: October 05, 2008, 06:19:56 PM »

DR Edi - sounds like you had a wonderful time in NYC. Hope the business discussions went well.

Ben

« Reply #169 on: October 05, 2008, 06:26:57 PM »

I didn't realize Enter Laughing is closing this next weekend. I will have to try and see it. I know George Irving's rendition of the Butler's Song from the cast recording but I would love to see it on stage. It's a great song.

I also need to get a ticket for Dividing the Estate, the new Horton Foote play transfering from Off-Broadway to Broadway.

Cillaliz

« Reply #170 on: October 05, 2008, 06:28:17 PM »

Haven't done much today other than laundry.  My cold has been bugging me so I sat around and read "For the Thrill of It" the newest Leopold and Loeb book. 
Tomorrow morning Jeremy gets sentenced, so I've got to work on that a couple hours tonight. 

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: October 05, 2008, 06:33:43 PM »

I didn't realize Enter Laughing is closing this next weekend. I will have to try and see it. I know George Irving's rendition of the Butler's Song from the cast recording but I would love to see it on stage. It's a great song.

I also need to get a ticket for Dividing the Estate, the new Horton Foote play transfering from Off-Broadway to Broadway.

It's been extended for two more weeks, I believe.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #172 on: October 05, 2008, 06:34:41 PM »

Good evening, DRs.

That is all.

What's the reason for the La Mancha photo?

Jane

« Reply #173 on: October 05, 2008, 06:36:00 PM »

DR Cilla, hope you feel better by tomorrow & your day goes well.

Cillaliz

« Reply #174 on: October 05, 2008, 06:38:57 PM »

Thanks Jane.  Hope you have a great day too

Ginny

« Reply #175 on: October 05, 2008, 06:41:37 PM »

Well, something fairly miraculous has taken place today.  I was able to get into my tan suede sneakers and lace them up.  After wearing them all day, the swelling in my left foot is significantly reduced.  I've been trying on all my left shoes and have been able to get into most of them.  What do you suppose my foot will look like in the morning?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #176 on: October 05, 2008, 06:45:24 PM »

CONGRATULATIONS DR GINNY!  GREAT NEWS!  I meant to tell you, my friend who had blood clots said with rest & not taking the stairs too many times a day her swelling went down.  If that is the normal than I guess yours came from the surgery.  Whatever caused it, I'm very pleased to hear you are back in your laced up sneakers. :)

Jennifer

« Reply #177 on: October 05, 2008, 06:45:52 PM »

Well, something fairly miraculous has taken place today.  I was able to get into my tan suede sneakers and lace them up.  After wearing them all day, the swelling in my left foot is significantly reduced.  I've been trying on all my left shoes and have been able to get into most of them.  What do you suppose my foot will look like in the morning?

I sort of know what you're going through. I didn't have anything as bad as you did. But i smashed the right top part of my foot a few months ago (it ballooned quite large in the one spot). And only today did i manage to get on my tightest pair of shoes.

My foot is back to normal. But we never even think twice about these things!

Cillaliz

« Reply #178 on: October 05, 2008, 06:48:16 PM »

Woo Hoo! DR Ginny that's great news!

Jennifer

« Reply #179 on: October 05, 2008, 06:49:17 PM »

I'm just catching up on some of the posts from friday night.

DR RonP commented that the show LIFE will premiere in its Friday slot (as of last friday).

I didn't watch it yet (but i'll assume it is new). But isn't it also going to be another new one tomorrow (monday) at the 10pm timeslot after HEROES?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up