Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BARE MINIMUM  (Read 44032 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re:THE BARE MINIMUM
« Reply #150 on: August 30, 2007, 10:06:30 AM »

Yes he did....Ted Andrews and the Wendingo....that is.

Where in the world is Fred The Cat?

I suspect he ran away rather than endure another Bollywod film and face the humiliation of his master bopping around the house in his East Indian drag.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #151 on: August 30, 2007, 10:07:26 AM »

I'm up...for what it's worth.

I fell asleep while trying to finish "Gulliver's Travels" and woke up in my recliner at around 2:00. I went straight to bed and just woke up a few minutes ago! I guess my body wanted some sleep... And I'm still stuffed up.

But in better news, I have hot water again, so I think I'm going to shave and shower now...

And NYC breathes a huge sigh of relief...!

:D       :-*
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jason

« Reply #152 on: August 30, 2007, 10:07:54 AM »

TOD: I'd like to re-visit the cities we toured when my family lived in Europe...particularly London, Paris, Salzburg and Berlin. And while we're at it, I'd like to see Madrid, Barcelona, Rome, Florence, Venice, Prague for the first time.

I also want to see Australia, Argentina, Chile, Costa Rica, Japan, China and South Africa (such as). ;)

Ginny

« Reply #153 on: August 30, 2007, 10:09:07 AM »

TOD (continued) - before I started working full-time out of town, I volunteered quite a bit for Middfest, Middletown's annual international festival that each year features a different country.  The countries that appealed to me most after several months' immersion in study were:

Switzerland
New Zealand
Chile

This year's featured country is The Netherlands, but DH Richard and I will miss the entire event, Oct. 5-7, because we will be in New York.

My book group tries each September to read a book related to the featured country.  This year's selection is Tulip Fever by Deborah Moggach.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #154 on: August 30, 2007, 10:09:57 AM »

Some GUIDELINES on how to find a lost cat (or dog).
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ginny

« Reply #155 on: August 30, 2007, 10:11:49 AM »

DR Jose - have you seen the article in today's NY Times about food tours of New York City?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #156 on: August 30, 2007, 10:18:02 AM »

JR, I will put the song in the mail this weekend.

Thanks.  ;D
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #157 on: August 30, 2007, 10:18:47 AM »

DRJASON is back in hot water.

I knew it wouldn't take long.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #158 on: August 30, 2007, 10:27:56 AM »

DR Jose - have you seen the article in today's NY Times about food tours of New York City?

OH!  No I haven't.  However, there was an article recently in the Washington Post about food tours in NYC.  I wonder if they're related.  -I shall find out shortly.
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #159 on: August 30, 2007, 10:38:56 AM »

DR Jose, someday I have hopes you will make a food tour of Portland, Oregon. Some goods eats in that town!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #160 on: August 30, 2007, 10:39:07 AM »

Nice article.  Guess I'll have to get my itinerary set for this Fall's edition of the HHW Walking and Eating and Walking and Eating Tour.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #161 on: August 30, 2007, 10:40:00 AM »

Thanks for that link RLP.

Next time I get a cat it is going to be an indoor only one!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #162 on: August 30, 2007, 10:40:25 AM »

This 10 foot poster of Ray Charles is constructed of over 2,000 Post-It notes:

Creative boredom, gotta love it!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #163 on: August 30, 2007, 10:40:46 AM »

You can come to Mooresville and eat at Zydeco's.

Fresh crawfish.

http://www.zydecos.net/

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #164 on: August 30, 2007, 10:41:07 AM »

DR Ron, yes, I know what you mean. My experiences haven't been to a culture per se, but several times I somehow knew something that my logical mind cannot figure out HOW I knew. I can't explain it; I only know that it does indeed happen. If I can think of any specifics, I'll post them.

I have also had the same thing... I am also drawn to different cultures more than others namely Native American and Celtic cultures...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #165 on: August 30, 2007, 10:41:39 AM »

Animal Speak is one of my favorite books!  ;D

I have that one. Bobby Lake has a decent one also but it is not as good as Animal Speak

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #166 on: August 30, 2007, 10:43:04 AM »

Back to reviewing my lines.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #167 on: August 30, 2007, 10:43:31 AM »

Dropped two lines last night and lost several more when Willie and Ben decided to skip around on the page.....

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #168 on: August 30, 2007, 10:44:13 AM »

I agree with DR JEANNE....I love hearing about the rehearsals.

I have also enjoyed reading about the rehearsals and I hope they continue going well!

It sounds like it is shaping up beautifully

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #169 on: August 30, 2007, 10:46:59 AM »

TOD: I'd like to re-visit the cities we toured when my family lived in Europe...particularly London, Paris, Salzburg and Berlin. And while we're at it, I'd like to see Madrid, Barcelona, Rome, Florence, Venice, Prague for the first time.

I also want to see Australia, Argentina, Chile, Costa Rica, Japan, China and South Africa (such as). ;)

Jason, an acquaintance of mine lives in Prague and she has shared innumerable pictures of city and it is gorgeous. She also recently visited Vienna and shared some photos and some very interesting ones also. She also likes theatre and art, especially architecture.

Jennifer

« Reply #170 on: August 30, 2007, 10:58:05 AM »

Now i'm really worried about poor little Freddy. Come home vibes. ~~~~~~~~~~~~

RE: the TOD.  There are many places i would like to visit that i have not been to.  One is Venice.  Another is Hawaii.  Another is Paris.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: August 30, 2007, 11:18:37 AM »

I suspect he ran away rather than endure another Bollywod film and face the humiliation of his master bopping around the house in his East Indian drag.

;D ;D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #172 on: August 30, 2007, 11:25:16 AM »

Back to reviewing my lines.

I can hear it now:

Line 1 is a scintillating bit of verbosity that enhances the mercurial nature of the character.

Line 2, however, is a major letdown.  The writing is jejune and not in keeping with the character's previously delineated style.

Line 3 -- Ugh.

...and so on....

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #173 on: August 30, 2007, 11:26:43 AM »

Dropped two lines last night and lost several more when Willie and Ben decided to skip around on the page.....

I've dropped a line or two to good friends in recent days.  I hope to hear back from them soon.  Neither, however, is named Willie or Ben.

I've only lost lines I was writing when I failed to save the document before closing it.

;)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #174 on: August 30, 2007, 11:28:43 AM »

Thanks for that link RLP.

Next time I get a cat it is going to be an indoor only one!

Did you know that when Fred is back in your arms that you can reform him into a house cat?

Cats are adaptable that way.  

He may not like it, of course.

He may urinate all over your kurtas and spray your Bollywood collection.  

But if you want him to be a housecat, there's not much else he could do -- outside of ripping your furniture to shreds, or sucking all your breath away while you sleep -- to prevent it.

Michael

« Reply #175 on: August 30, 2007, 11:33:09 AM »

I enjoyed the two songs from PIPPIN that I watched last night, so I may go back and run the whole thing today. The theater where I did LA CAGE is doing PIPPIN next February, but there's not much in it for me. I don't see myself as Charlemagne, so that leaves the ensemble, and I don't think I want to drive that distance to do ensemble.

How about the Head? I hear, no wait this is a family site.
Never stop dreaming.

singdaw

« Reply #176 on: August 30, 2007, 11:35:18 AM »

or sucking all your breath away while you sleep

I've heard they do that with babies.

;D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #177 on: August 30, 2007, 11:36:08 AM »

DR Ron Pulliam - My interest in mountains was piqued when I first peeked at Pike's Peak as a youngster, but it peaked when I saw pictures of Mt. Fuji.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 11:40:23 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #178 on: August 30, 2007, 11:37:14 AM »

we watched the season one finale of The Closer.

Sensational!  :)

Whew! We got the finale of season 3 on DVD yesterday afternoon. By the time I finished loading it we had only 2 hours before the big :30 promo for the finale was to be seen by the head of the network. The producers' supervisor came over to "help us out" with our deadline, but, as always, succeeded in slowing things down. The 2 producers are east to work with and stay quiet while I'm working, but with 3 people it turns into a party and they are blathering on about different TV shows and it's impossible to concentrate and remember every shot I just saw. The supervisor tried 4 times to make me change the music I was using but it would have totally involved recutting the piece.

I met the deadline by 5 minutes and it was approved with no changes. And we kept the original music.

I was a crabby b&%ch during all of this and have decided that I will buy a pair of headphones to don when this happens again. (And it will!)

That said, the finale is fantastic---Fritz has some great scenes and it is a very emotionally satisfying conclusion to the season. I loved it!!

Afterwards, I was interviewed for 2 hours by a college kid from the art institute. Then I went out and drank a whole bottle of hot sake at dinner...that was just the ticket!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #179 on: August 30, 2007, 11:39:57 AM »

Anyway, that's why I was E&T yesterday so I'm just now reading the news about Kerry's mom---I also send my condolences.

And I sure hope I get to the end of these posts to find that DC Freddie has returned!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13   Go Up