Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE X-RATED GEESE  (Read 33254 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:THE X-RATED GEESE
« Reply #150 on: December 18, 2004, 02:05:44 PM »

As for television, I don't ever stop doing theater long enough to watch much television.  I have not seen LOST or HOUSEWIVES or KEVIN HILL.  Come to think of it, I didn't even see the FRIENDS final episode.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

MBarnum

« Reply #151 on: December 18, 2004, 02:08:50 PM »

No JRand54, I didn't trade the old car in (1994 Toyota Terel with only 75K miles) as they don't give you much of a deal on that...and I have a couple of people already interested in driving it.

One thing about my new car I will love...it has air conditioning!! Woohoo! I have NEVER had a car that had air conditioning, before! I am now living in the lap of luxury! LOL!

MBarnum

« Reply #152 on: December 18, 2004, 02:10:34 PM »

My next door neighbors, Mike and Clara, are having there 15th yard sale of the year! I swear they must have one every other weekend, rain or shine!

I have yet to go over and see what they have for sale...and there is someone crawling on the roof of there house for some reason!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #153 on: December 18, 2004, 02:14:40 PM »

Congratulations, Mr. Barnum on the new car!  I think you will love your Elantra.
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: December 18, 2004, 02:17:39 PM »

What jrand did not point out is the most fun thing about the What If DVD - it's in 1:78 and enhanced for widescreen TVs.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #155 on: December 18, 2004, 02:18:19 PM »

I'm back.  I'm going to sit in the yard for a few minutes - it must be in the eighties here, and it's absolutely beautiful outside.  Perhaps I'll take a photo or two whilst out there.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #156 on: December 18, 2004, 02:28:37 PM »

No JRand54, I didn't trade the old car in (1994 Toyota Terel with only 75K miles)...

What?  You have a 10 year old car with only 75,000 miles??  My six-and-a-half year old car just rolled over 87,000 miles!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #157 on: December 18, 2004, 02:30:49 PM »

My next door neighbors, Mike and Clara, are having there 15th yard sale of the year! I swear they must have one every other weekend, rain or shine!

Here in Olympia, you're only allowed to (legally) have two yard sales a year.  And you have to get a permit and have it on display, so if you try to get that third one, they'll know!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #158 on: December 18, 2004, 02:33:14 PM »

What jrand did not point out is the most fun thing about the What If DVD - it's in 1:78 and enhanced for widescreen TVs.

I don't have a widescreen TV, but my sister's boyfriend does!  I've never watched anything on it.  I will have to ask Larry to let me watch it!

François de Paris

« Reply #159 on: December 18, 2004, 02:39:15 PM »

I'm reading a book!

It's called: "Who Stole The "The Full Report" Column?"

A mystery! With a detective named Column Bo!

Here's an excerpt!:

Daily Column Archives

THE X-RATED GEESE
DIAL C FOR CHRISTMAS
THE CALLING BIRDS
SMELL-O-NOTES
IT'S NOT OVER UNTIL THE FAT LADY SINGS
HO, HO, HO
THE WINDMILLS OF MY MIND
THE WHIRLING DERVISH
80,000 POSTS
BACK IN THE SWING OF THINGS
HAINES 57

THE RODRIGUEZ EFFECT
THE OOMPH FACTOR
PITH AND VINEGAR
LIKE A GAZELLE IN A MOSH PIT

LOL!.......in French; JMMAGD! (Je Me Marre A Gorge Déployée!)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2004, 02:42:27 PM by François de Paris »

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #160 on: December 18, 2004, 02:40:35 PM »

Fandango FINALLY posted the theatres that will show the limited release of "The Phantom of the Opera" starting on Wednesday.  The nearest theatre (that's basically new with a good sound system) that's showing the film is in Daly City, about 20 minutes North of San Mateo.  I'm so excited about this film, I think it will be the highlight of my year.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #161 on: December 18, 2004, 02:41:11 PM »

Yes, I'd like bk to know that my copy of WHAT IF? also arrived today, and I'm livid that it came too late for me to watch it this afternoon. I'm tempted not to go to this drop-in at all tonight, but I kind of committed myself to going last night, so I will. But I will watch WHAT IF? when I get home and post thoughts tonight or tomorrow morning.

And a big, big thank you in advance to bk for the early, much treasured Christmas present.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #162 on: December 18, 2004, 02:43:14 PM »

Enhanced for widescreen TVs!!!!! bk, you never cease to amaze me.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

François de Paris

« Reply #163 on: December 18, 2004, 02:53:42 PM »

Yes, I'd like bk to know that my copy of WHAT IF? also arrived today, and I'm livid....

Livid?
Well, you should see US!
Us without it! -- the copy of it, that is! --  ;D

Anyway! We'll get the book when it's out! ;)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2004, 02:55:21 PM by François de Paris »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: December 18, 2004, 03:06:07 PM »

Today I have made a big decision, about which more in tomorrow's notes.

I'm listening to the first of a whole slew of new CDs I picked up this morning - the currently playing CD is Howl's Moving Castle, which just came out in Japan and which I got an import of at a friend's store.  It's the latest Miyazaki film, and as always the score is by Joe Hisaishi, who I think is the best composer working in film today.  It's a wonderfully melodic score with none of the usual sops to temp tracks or other people's scores.  

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #165 on: December 18, 2004, 03:16:35 PM »

Well, Barnes and Noble was jumping today!  This morning, Jerry Zaks came up and said hello to me.  I hadn't seen him since I worked on a benefit for the Brearley School with him.  I told him he should be happy with the success of LA CAGE AUX FOLLES.  He's a very sweet guy.

Then David Eigenberg, who played Steve in SEX AND THE CITY, was in, and he made the manager Patty's day.  Also, very nice guy.  He was great as the dumb jock in TAKE ME OUT.

Then my favorite talking head Robert Kimball and his beautiful daughter Miranda, the spit and image of her lovely mom Abby, stopped in to say hi.  While I was out Kevin Bacon was in, and around 2:00 or so Steven Spielberg showed up!  The only person missing who comes in a lot was Jerry Seinfeld.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #166 on: December 18, 2004, 03:19:43 PM »

David Eigenberg was in "Take Me Out"??  I'm soooo sorry I missed him, I always found him, well.... uh.... cute :)   And to have seen him in "Take Me Out" would have just made my .... uh.... well.... hmmm.... oh... nevermind :)

Danise

« Reply #167 on: December 18, 2004, 03:23:43 PM »

No JRand54, I didn't trade the old car in (1994 Toyota Terel with only 75K miles) as they don't give you much of a deal on that...and I have a couple of people already interested in driving it.

One thing about my new car I will love...it has air conditioning!! Woohoo! I have NEVER had a car that had air conditioning, before! I am now living in the lap of luxury! LOL!

What's air conditioning?  I've never had a car (or a house for that matter) that had that.   :)  

MBarnum, Congrats on the new car!  I'm still looking and oddly enough, I found a Chevy Blazer that I kinda like that is blue as well.  

I bought some more chestnuts today.  Panni, how did you tell me to make them without boiling them first?  I think you said to just put the X on them and bake them.  I may boil some of them and try the others your way.  

I also want to save a couple out for that receipe SWW told us about the other night.  The gravy.  Would you please e-mail/PM it to me?

The stores are a madhouse.  I only went to Walmart and the grocery store--didn't even go anywhere NEAR Brandon and it took me almost all afternoon to get the shopping done.  Still the dogs have their food and their goodies.  The world is safe once again.

I just put Christmas Vacation in the DVD player.  It's one of Mom's favorites.  I have to admit its one of mine as well.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #168 on: December 18, 2004, 03:25:09 PM »

You missed Kevin Bacon???  elmore3003, what have I told you about leaving the store?  Oh, I haven't?  Well, don't!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2004, 03:56:46 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

td

• td
« Reply #169 on: December 18, 2004, 03:31:04 PM »

All this chatter about Abie's pee reminds me of William Kotzwinkle's children's book:  WALTER,  THE FARTING DOG.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2004, 03:31:29 PM by td »
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #170 on: December 18, 2004, 03:33:39 PM »

We went to the office party last night of the law firm where Betsy's job rents a room.  $46/plate dinner for this froo-froo s*** that no one could stand (but the wine sure was good, LOL).  Anyway, they handed out gag gifts to all of the staff (Betsy got this cool wind-up Rube Goldberg looking thing that sparks out its tail and climbs anything in its way).  One of the clerks is evidently from Boise, and they gave him a bright green t-shirt with an image of his homestate emblazoned on it, on which in big bright letters was written:

IDAHO?
NO!
UDAHO!
[/color][/size]
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #171 on: December 18, 2004, 03:36:19 PM »

And I hope elmore recommended to each and every one that they immediately order Writer's Block.

td

• td
« Reply #172 on: December 18, 2004, 03:39:35 PM »

And I hope elmore recommended to each and every one that they immediately order Writer's Block.

Speaking of which, that dear elmore recommended the movie which I just finished watching! Claude Chabrol's LA CEREMONIE.  Thanks for that heads up, elmore!  Truly beguiling, surprising and compelling.  Now, I believe I shall hie myself to Barnes & Noble to see if I can pick up the book that it was based on. . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

George

« Reply #173 on: December 18, 2004, 03:39:56 PM »

All this chatter about Abie's pee reminds me of William Kotzwinkle's children's book:  WALTER,  THE FARTING DOG.

This:

George

« Reply #174 on: December 18, 2004, 03:40:19 PM »

Reminded me of this:

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #175 on: December 18, 2004, 03:40:24 PM »

Oh, td, I spoke of La Ceremonie right here in BK's Notes months ago - a marvelously marvelous film.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #176 on: December 18, 2004, 03:41:27 PM »

Such a day here in LA.  Here is where I just was - in my yard sitting at the table, working.  This is the view from there.

George

« Reply #177 on: December 18, 2004, 03:42:09 PM »

(If the "Walter, the Farting Dog" book is too big, I can resize it.  Let me know.)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #178 on: December 18, 2004, 03:42:21 PM »

The opposite view, looking back at the house - there's the table I was just sitting at.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #179 on: December 18, 2004, 03:46:30 PM »

You missed Kevin Bacon???  elmore3003, what have I told you about leaving the store?  Oh, I didn't?  Well, don't!

DRTCB, Mr Bacon lives within four blocks from me, as do Cynthia Nixon and Mandy Patinkin.  I see Kevin occasionally on Amsterdam Avenue, and Seinfeld once in a while on 83rd Street, where his garage is located.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Up