Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: MY OPENING SENTENCE  (Read 59177 times)

singdaw

Re:MY OPENING SENTENCE
« Reply #210 on: September 24, 2008, 03:22:42 PM »

Can anyone guess what this kitty is thinking?

It's really too bad I'm de-clawed...

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #211 on: September 24, 2008, 03:32:55 PM »

And I was very angry to discover that my DVR did NOT record "Fringe" last night although it was set to record it. I am very unhappy.

I hate when that happens, which it does more often now that we don't have TIVO.  We sure miss our TIVO!

singdaw

« Reply #212 on: September 24, 2008, 03:34:26 PM »

Thanks for your theatre impressions, DR elmore3003!    :)

Jane

« Reply #213 on: September 24, 2008, 03:36:17 PM »

Great news DR Edi!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #214 on: September 24, 2008, 03:43:59 PM »

What the hell?

::)

WTH, indeed!

I set it to record "Fringe" and "The Mentalist" and then turned it off.  I switched to the TV mode and watched "The Biggest Loser" via rabbit ears.

After 10 p.m., I returned to my DVR and checked my DVR cache thinking I'd play "Fringe".  Only "The Mentalist" recorded.  I checked my "scheduled recordings" and saw that the 9-10 p.m. block was set to record on the Fox channel, but it was then around 10:15 p.m. and nothing had happened.

I don't know whether there was a glitch in how I set it up, or in the way I turned the DVR off after setting it up (I'd actually set the recordings a few days ago).  Possibly, I may have needed to leave the DVR on while changing the signal I was viewing.  I just don't know.  

Live and learn.  And hopefully not get burned.

One possibility:  When I have two shows on two channels scheduled to record but am watching another, third, channel, the DVR requires me to choose one of the two programs I am trying to record...OR, it will cancel one or both.  I generally select one channel, and then change the viewing mode to TV while the DVR remains on.  Last night,  I figured that if my DVR was turned off when the recording began, all would be well.  However, it might have been necessary for the DVR to have been on one of those channels before I turned it off.  
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 03:48:16 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #215 on: September 24, 2008, 03:45:51 PM »

And I was very angry to discover that my DVR did NOT record "Fringe" last night although it was set to record it. I am very unhappy.

Is the episode being rebroadcast?  My DVR recorded it, although I haven't watched it or last week's episode, yet.  Would you want a copy if it's not being rebroadcast...assuming that there isn't a problem with what I recorded?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #216 on: September 24, 2008, 03:49:44 PM »

Is the episode being rebroadcast?  My DVR recorded it, although I haven't watched it or last week's episode, yet.  Would you want a copy if it's not being rebroadcast...assuming that there isn't a problem with what I recorded?

It isn't being rebroadcast that I can see, but I don't want you to record it for me.  Like MattH, I'm still not sure that this show is going to be a favorite or not.  If we were talking "Heroes" or "Lost", I'd jump at the chance for a copy.

I was angry because it might have been two shows I wanted to see very badly, and I have no idea exactly why one didn't record. I don't want that to happen when it's important.

Thanks for offering, George.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 03:52:04 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

« Reply #217 on: September 24, 2008, 03:51:23 PM »

Anytime. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

singdaw

« Reply #218 on: September 24, 2008, 03:58:07 PM »

Anytime.

One of my favorite William Finn numbers!   :D

Jane

« Reply #219 on: September 24, 2008, 04:00:13 PM »

One possibility:  When I have two shows on two channels scheduled to record but am watching another, third, channel, the DVR requires me to choose one of the two programs I am trying to record...OR, it will cancel one or both.  

If you can only record two channels at once, you can only watch one show & record the other.  You can't add a third show.

I am surprised something didn't pop up to give you the option to record or cancel.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #220 on: September 24, 2008, 04:11:17 PM »

Good Evening!

Well, well, well, well, well, well, well, well...

-Ah, a She Loves Me reference.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #221 on: September 24, 2008, 04:12:55 PM »

I received a few texts about this over the past few hours...

Legally Blonde to Close on Broadway Oct. 19

*And I'm wondering how soon West Side Story will put up their marquee.  ;)

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #222 on: September 24, 2008, 04:14:43 PM »

DR elmore - Do/will you and your co-workers have anything to do with this...

Auditions for a New Babes in Toyland
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #223 on: September 24, 2008, 04:15:06 PM »

re: last night's DANCING WITH THE STARS

performances and results

fdjasfudsaofuda ufoidaufoidsuafoupdsafo usaofupsaoufodsaupou
fuiopaufdoiauf oiudaofiuofsaufodusaofudaofpduaopfudsopfupoas
I did really enjoy the show. And they made it very riveting for the viewer at home. But i felt horrible for the contestants. Making them wait to find out who was eliminated till the end and not telling them who would dance next was just cruel.
A lot of my early favorites were left till the end (rocco, cody, and even though she wasn't very good susan lucci).
I think the right person totally went home. So that was good for a change.
I thought cloris leachman was very funny (i'm curious DR Cilla if you or your mom thought she was funny last night). I thought the Rock Star INXS lady was very good again (brooke). The football player was good for his size. I was so happy rocco did well ( i really like him and right now he one of the ones i am rooting for).
I'm not sure yet who my fav is. But the dancing was very enjoyable!
I wonder who will go home tonight. I actually thought last night it would be between 1)patch guy 2)kim 3) ted mcginley.  I really have no idea how popular kim's reality show is. And i'm not sure if ted is very popular (but since he has a no name partner, i think that could hurt him).
fuafpoudaf udpa fadsfu aoiufopsauf dasufdsafusofuop fuopufop

Don't really think this is a spoiler.....I thinK Cloris Leachman will go home.  I think she should go home.  No I didn't think she was funny last night either.   I totally respect what she's doing with the dancing, but her attitude isn't funny to me at all and I think it's time for her to go.    DR Jennifer, don't think we're going to agree this season, but we are coming from different perspectives since you like to cheer for the pro and I look at the star.  It will be interesting to see where this goes.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 04:15:27 PM by Cillaliz »

George

« Reply #224 on: September 24, 2008, 04:15:52 PM »

If you can only record two channels at once, you can only watch one show & record the other.  You can't add a third show.

I am surprised something didn't pop up to give you the option to record or cancel.

On my Comcast DVR, I can record two different channels while watching one of them or I can actually watch third program that I've already recorded and is on the DVR hard drive.  But I can't record two programs and watch live TV.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 04:28:17 PM by George »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #225 on: September 24, 2008, 04:17:32 PM »

When YENTL first came out a lot of people asked me if I was related to Mandy Patinkin.  Hard to believe, but true.  Now people ask me if I'm related to Michael McDonald.  (Also true, easier to believe).

I would have said Herschel Bernardi!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #226 on: September 24, 2008, 04:17:43 PM »

DR elmore - Do/will you and your co-workers have anything to do with this...

Auditions for a New Babes in Toyland

No, thank God! They've committe4d horrible crimes under the name of Victor Herbert.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #227 on: September 24, 2008, 04:18:40 PM »

WTH, indeed!

I set it to record "Fringe" and "The Mentalist" and then turned it off.  I switched to the TV mode and watched "The Biggest Loser" via rabbit ears.

After 10 p.m., I returned to my DVR and checked my DVR cache thinking I'd play "Fringe".  Only "The Mentalist" recorded.  I checked my "scheduled recordings" and saw that the 9-10 p.m. block was set to record on the Fox channel, but it was then around 10:15 p.m. and nothing had happened.

I don't know whether there was a glitch in how I set it up, or in the way I turned the DVR off after setting it up (I'd actually set the recordings a few days ago).  Possibly, I may have needed to leave the DVR on while changing the signal I was viewing.  I just don't know.  

Live and learn.  And hopefully not get burned.

One possibility:  When I have two shows on two channels scheduled to record but am watching another, third, channel, the DVR requires me to choose one of the two programs I am trying to record...OR, it will cancel one or both.  I generally select one channel, and then change the viewing mode to TV while the DVR remains on.  Last night,  I figured that if my DVR was turned off when the recording began, all would be well.  However, it might have been necessary for the DVR to have been on one of those channels before I turned it off.  

DR Ron Pulliam - I'd go with the "one possibility".

I know that we've sometimes "missed" a show because we didn't realize there was going to be a program programming overlap.  -And we've even missed the "What do you want to do?" pop-up a few times as we've changed channels - thus, blocking out the pop-up, and stopping the recording of the channel we were previously on.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #228 on: September 24, 2008, 04:20:12 PM »

Yes, I know.  But I can watch a show on a third channel via my TV by selecting "TV" vice HDMT2, which is the DVR setting I programmed.  That mode allows me to watch over-the-air signals when my cable channels are preoccupied with recordings.

It couldn't, but it may have wanted to.  The DVR was turned "off".  I was watching just the TV via rabbit ears.  The DVR was supposed to record the selected channels automatically.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 04:22:43 PM by Ron Pulliam »

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #229 on: September 24, 2008, 04:20:55 PM »

Oh -- and a very Happy Birthday to Miss Wae-Ling Goldstein, who is five years old today!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #230 on: September 24, 2008, 04:21:10 PM »

DR elmore - How full was the house this afternoon?  -And thanks for your review.  It will be interesting to compare and contrast your opinions with DR Ben's.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #231 on: September 24, 2008, 04:22:36 PM »

Well, maybe, DR Jose, but that's how I've felt about this neighbor for 20+ years.  As soon as we moved into the house, she explained to Richard that the hill between her house and ours was on our property and she expected him to mow it.

I also suspect, elderly as she is, she has not been out and about much in the past week and a half to see just how much debris is still around.  She probably thinks those branches are the only ones still not cleared away.

Richard has decided to t-a-k-e   h-i-s   t-i-m-e dealing with them.

We used to have a neighbor my mother referred to as "The Wicked Witch of the North"  (I know the wicked witches are east and west, but she lived north of us)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #232 on: September 24, 2008, 04:23:31 PM »

It's really too bad I'm de-clawed...

I'd think you'd be more depressed over the neutering!

;D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #233 on: September 24, 2008, 04:24:21 PM »

Oh -- and a very Happy Birthday to Miss Wae-Ling Goldstein, who is five years old today!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MISS WAI-LING GOLDSTEIN!!!

*And yesterday happened to be the Sixth Birthday for my niece, Alyssa.  They'll be having a party for her this Satruday, and I may end up taking the bus down for the weekend to join the festivities.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #234 on: September 24, 2008, 04:24:25 PM »

Are the children of B'wayworld weeping over the closing of Legally Blonde?  It had a nice long run, but my guess is it is nowhere near recouping - perhaps the tour will help.

Jane

« Reply #235 on: September 24, 2008, 04:27:51 PM »

Yes, I know.  But I can watch a show on a third channel via my TV by selecting "TV" vice HDMT2, which is the DVR setting I programmed.  That mode allows me to watch over-the-air signals when my cable channels are preoccupied with recordings.

I have never seen that option.  I wonder if any one else has it.

Can you prioritize your programs?  Then the favorite two should record first.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #236 on: September 24, 2008, 04:28:23 PM »

Two spring to mind, just because I really liked them - a late 1950s show called Panic, which was sort of Twilight Zoneish and Hitchcockish.  I have managed to see some of the episodes that I'd remembered vividly - they're not that well made, but I like the stories.  The other was a series called Way Out, which was hosted by Roald Dahl and which aired Friday nights on CBS just before The Twilight Zone.  Both shows had, I think, one-season runs - Way Out maybe less.

Frankly, I was shocked that GUNSMOKE was cancelled.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #237 on: September 24, 2008, 04:28:30 PM »

Are the children of B'wayworld weeping over the closing of Legally Blonde?  It had a nice long run, but my guess is it is nowhere near recouping - perhaps the tour will help.

I dunno.  I don't read the boards (either).  As for the tour... Well...  It's mainly playing medium to small markets, so... -I mean, it opened in Providence, RI, last week.  It's also running under one of those "experimental" Equity Contracts.  I guess it's a good compromise for the producers and actors alike, however, with the way the contract is structured along with how the tour is being booked and managed, the actors will not be able to file for full unemployment benefits once the tour closes.  :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #238 on: September 24, 2008, 04:28:56 PM »

DR elmore - How full was the house this afternoon?  -And thanks for your review.  It will be interesting to compare and contrast your opinions with DR Ben's.

Packed. And very enthusiastic.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #239 on: September 24, 2008, 04:30:24 PM »

HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY, MISS WAI-LING GOLDSTEIN!!!

BELATED HAPPY 6TH BIRTHDAY TO ALYSSA, DN OF DR JOSE!

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up