Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: DOING A HALF MITZI GAYNOR  (Read 40708 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:DOING A HALF MITZI GAYNOR
« Reply #240 on: September 05, 2008, 05:30:57 PM »

Maybe...hopefully. :) Are you?

I would rather sit thru a Patti LuPone marathon.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #241 on: September 05, 2008, 05:31:53 PM »

Hopefully someday a cure can be found.... Feeling a bit sad watching that....

I may pop in some music to get my spirits up....

I am glad my freind CAssie called today... Her daughter is a cancer survivor. Today she has an one good eye and is a little spitfire. Fearless.
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #242 on: September 05, 2008, 05:31:54 PM »

Well, I think it's one of the dumbest threads ever started since a Google search would have clarified everything; now let's discuss British terms:
"crackers" vs "cookies"
"nappies" vs "diapers"
"knock up" and "pay a visit"
more?

Oy!

Serviettes vs. napkins! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #243 on: September 05, 2008, 05:33:06 PM »

Media check:

CD player: Les Miz, Liz Callaway
Video: Search for tomorrow
DVD: Under the Tuscan Sun
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #244 on: September 05, 2008, 05:35:30 PM »

Beautiful smile Ben!

George

« Reply #245 on: September 05, 2008, 05:37:01 PM »

The "half Mitzi Gaynor" theme reminds me . . . City Lights is going ALL OUT with a Mitzi DVD set, due in November.  Saw this on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFKdSzktJLE

Looks like a must-have.  (Sorry if this is a re-reminder.)

Speaking of Mitzi...THREE letter words?? :-X
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #246 on: September 05, 2008, 05:37:25 PM »

DR Kerry,

The first time I met Diane McBain was the very first time I attended the Ray Court's Show, back when it was held at the Beverly Garland Hotel in North Hollywood, back in the late 90s.

If you met Diane at Ray Courts show, we probably met there also, because I'm the one who brought her in.

You can dream…or you can do.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #247 on: September 05, 2008, 05:37:41 PM »

FOR TCB:

From yesterday.

I do remember a Place to Stand. I saw it several times and was one of my favorite short films of all time. It was at the Ontario Pavillion at Expo 67 and I think it also played during Man and His World 68 ( A off shoot of Expo 67)

The theme song was so popular a 45rpm (remember those?) was released

and to this day I remember three lines from the song. (They were repeated several times)

And we will build Ontario
A place to stand, a place to grow
Ontari-ari-ari-o !

Norman Jewison freely admits that the film was inspiration for the multiple screens he used in The Thomas Crown Affair.

The film won an oscar for Best Live Action Short

Below is a picture of the Ontario Pavillon at Expo 67

I actually saw this one time when I was a kid. I remember wondering about what Canadian bacon was and what their police officers were wearing red coats. Keep in mind I was only 5 years old and the local station was airing in the 1970s.

Ben

« Reply #248 on: September 05, 2008, 05:38:24 PM »

Thank you Dakota. It's because I'm with two beautiful people (who were cropped out of the photo   ;)) that I'm smiling.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #249 on: September 05, 2008, 05:39:13 PM »

You were just fishing for compliments

Is that what you're doing in that boat?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #250 on: September 05, 2008, 05:39:43 PM »

Sliding Off My Thighs - that's the title of my next novel.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #251 on: September 05, 2008, 05:40:12 PM »

I shall now be on my way to the Jones's - must run a quick errand first.  I'll be home not too late.

Ben

« Reply #252 on: September 05, 2008, 05:40:31 PM »

Ginny, congratulations on your great news! I have at least 10 more years, depending on the state of the "bustling American economy" (a How Now Dow Jones reference).

So when you come to New York again you can drop by the Center as a guest instead of a seminar participant.

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #253 on: September 05, 2008, 05:41:42 PM »

HOpe to see Jrand back soon...

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #254 on: September 05, 2008, 05:42:25 PM »

Congrats DR Ginny!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #255 on: September 05, 2008, 05:43:54 PM »

Ride the storm and stay safe vibes to everyone in the southeast!

George

« Reply #256 on: September 05, 2008, 05:54:04 PM »

I would rather sit thru a Patti LuPone marathon.

Bitch.

;)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #257 on: September 05, 2008, 05:54:17 PM »

TOD - or in regards to the TOD - there was a post here on Wednesday about posting about listening/viewing non-commercial media.  It's been bugging me for a few days now, while I realize the poster's concern is valid.I felt it was a little out of place on this forum of theatre/movie people who will go at lengths to satisfy their love for the art.

While I am extremely guilty of possessing such items, (and proud of it BTW!) it dawned on me that nothing was mentioned the sharing TV shows, whether on VHS or ripped off the DVR and burned on a DVD and shared with others was not mention in the posters concerns.  Or even movies "copied" and shared, I see no difference.  Also, what about watching things on DVR, it's technically a recording a device storing data that is to be watched later, which is the definition of what is prohibited when recording shows, orchestrations, etc... I see no difference here.

That's all...

DR Matthew - All I will say is that lurkers come from all walks of life.  Some may even happen to be composers, lyricists and/or licensing agents.

*In fact, one person I know here in NYC happens to have quite the "library" - and really should not(!!!) have quite that big(!!!) a collection.  Discretion is the key word here.  Many DRs have become quite adept about being not so direct about their "lengths to satisfy their love for the art".
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #258 on: September 05, 2008, 05:55:13 PM »

It's Crabby Appleton, rotten to the core, back for a moment. I think my eyes are beginning to unblur. I can see most of the image on the tv again.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #259 on: September 05, 2008, 05:56:54 PM »

DR Matthew - So, any further word on your recent "situation" at work - in regards to changes and edits?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #260 on: September 05, 2008, 05:59:00 PM »

OH!

Apparently, there's some sort of reception I'm supposed to be at right now...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #261 on: September 05, 2008, 06:00:11 PM »

I just read this article:

Palin church promotes converting gays.

:P

DERBRUCER

« Reply #262 on: September 05, 2008, 06:03:00 PM »

It's Crabby Appleton, rotten to the core, back for a moment. I think my eyes are beginning to unblur. I can see most of the image on the tv again.

In the spirit of congeniality, I will refrain from inquiring about the unbluring of your mind ;)

der Brucer

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #263 on: September 05, 2008, 06:04:36 PM »

DR Matthew - So, any further word on your recent "situation" at work - in regards to changes and edits?

A measure here and there, pieces of dialogue, pages of dialogue, one small vocal section, lines from "other" productions added.  If you knew they were there, you would miss them, if you don't, it seems to work.  It's not as bad as had been predicted.

td

• td
« Reply #264 on: September 05, 2008, 06:07:45 PM »

I want to come to NYC and see SOUTH PACIFIC.
I could care less about Patti's GYPSY - I would have rather liked to have seen Lenora Nemetz do the role the day before the recording sessions.
Those are the two cds which have been in my cd player this week.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

George

« Reply #265 on: September 05, 2008, 06:10:17 PM »

I have an idea what the next Kritzerland limited edition may be - but it will require some major surgery by my mastering engineer and as good as he is I don't know if he'll be able to fix the problems.  However, it's so rare and so good that if he can minimalize the probs I'll probably do it - it's actually two titles on one CD and one is in excellent condition in terms of sound and tape quality.

BK, were these two title originally released together or are you combining them because they have the same performer/composer?

Good luck!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #266 on: September 05, 2008, 06:13:09 PM »

I just read this article:

Palin church promotes converting gays.

:P

I am uncomfortable holding any candidate responsible for each and every position or sermon associated with their church. I suspect many parishioners do not hold common ground with some of the ideas they get in church and are naturally reluctant to advertise the fact. This "renounce" your preacher bit is off-base.

If one side is going to dump on  Palin and the Assembly of God, then expect the other side  to dump on Biden for the Catholic Church's preachings on abortion and birth control.

"Gay conversion" is certainly not an yet an issue in this campaign, and I hope it does not become one.

der Brucer

« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 06:14:50 PM by DERBRUCER »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #267 on: September 05, 2008, 06:16:47 PM »

Speaking of Mitzi...THREE letter words?? :-X

Three letter words?

I think I preferred the Captain Jack naked Anything Goes better.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 06:19:45 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DERBRUCER

« Reply #268 on: September 05, 2008, 06:17:18 PM »

BK, were these two title originally released together or are you combining them because they have the same performer/composer?

Good luck!

Maybe he's combining them becasue he doesn't want to get beat-up for releasing a 25 minute CD.

der Brucer
« Last Edit: September 05, 2008, 06:18:03 PM by DERBRUCER »

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #269 on: September 05, 2008, 06:17:40 PM »

Well, I think it's one of the dumbest threads ever started since a Google search would have clarified everything; now let's discuss British terms:
"crackers" vs "cookies"
"nappies" vs "diapers"
"knock up" and "pay a visit"
more?

Oy!

;D

I've heard that crackers are cookies but I have never known anyone who didn't say biscuit for cookies.

My cousin seems to come from an area of England that calls all candy toffee.  Her husband explained that to me so she & I could communicate.  He doesn't get the toffee for candy thing either.  She calls toffee soft toffee.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12   Go Up