Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LONG HAUL  (Read 34801 times)

Jennifer

Re:THE LONG HAUL
« Reply #120 on: July 06, 2008, 11:15:02 AM »

I'm curious, when losing weight is it easier if you have a lot to lose or a little?

Sometimes if someone wants to lose 100 lbs say, then i would think just eating healthy and exercising would help a lot. My uncle, can just stop drinking coke and lose!

I had less than 30 to lose. But i'm not weighing myself. At least not yet. I was too freaked out at weighing over 150lbs.

The problem is if i don't exercise or watch what i eat then that is the weight my body likes to be!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #121 on: July 06, 2008, 11:22:23 AM »

DR Jennifer - I think losing weight is never easy - whether you are aiming to lose 5 pounds or 50 pounds.  Or more.  It all has to be done pound by pound, inch by inch.  The more weight you have to lose, the longer you have you stick to your diet, modify your eating habits, change your lifestyle patterns, or whatever weight-loss catch-phrase you choose to choose.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #122 on: July 06, 2008, 11:25:23 AM »

I'm still not quite understanding why our usual movie hounds, the ones that run out to see almost any high-profile film within the first couple of days, seem so ambivilent about Wall-E.  I'm sure there's a reason, and I'm very interested in learning what it is.  There seems to be either a subtle resistence to seeing it, or no interest at all.  And I find that odd, given that it's the best-reviewed film of the year.

I'm not at all ambivilent about Wall-E and can't wait to see it. But this was a holiday weekend and I have had family and friend obligations or have been in desperate need of sleep, since I had all the family and friend obligations beginning roughly 24 hours after I recovered from the flu.   I thought about going today, but have had to help Paul get ready for his 60th Birthday party at the local state park this afternoon.   I'll get there, just not today

Cillaliz

« Reply #123 on: July 06, 2008, 11:27:15 AM »

Does anyone else remember the ALL IN THE FAMILY epsiode where Archie and Mike argued back and forth on whether to put on both socks first, or one sock, one shoe and then the other sock and the other shoe.

He realized recently that I alway put on my left sock, left shoe; and then my right sock and right shoe.  I wonder what that means about me?

Anyone else feel like weighing in? Pantyhose doesn't count.

I remember the episode. I put on my socks first then look around the house for where I left my shoes and then put them on in the order that I find the shoes   ;D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #124 on: July 06, 2008, 11:33:35 AM »

I'm not at all ambivilent about Wall-E and can't wait to see it. But this was a holiday weekend and I have had family and friend obligations or have been in desperate need of sleep, since I had all the family and friend obligations beginning roughly 24 hours after I recovered from the flu.   I thought about going today, but have had to help Paul get ready for his 60th Birthday party at the local state park this afternoon.   I'll get there, just not today

I haven't been ambivalent about "Wall-E" either.  When the movie opened, I was in the midst of nine-hour rehearsal days, and just was not in the mood to see a movie, any movie after a long day in the studio.  -I probably would have fallen asleep sitting in a darkened movie theatre.  And then on my one day off, I wanted to spent it outside.  I'm hoping to catch it sometime this week.

*I think your view of our ambivalence is due to the fact that you actually saw the movie very close to it's opening weekend.  Usually you seem to see movies a few weeks after they have opened, or once they start screening them for Academy members which is usually much later than their initial release date.  -Or you don't see them until they get released on DVD.  Sometimes we wonder what took you so long.  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #125 on: July 06, 2008, 11:34:31 AM »

I'm curious, when losing weight is it easier if you have a lot to lose or a little?

Sometimes if someone wants to lose 100 lbs say, then i would think just eating healthy and exercising would help a lot. My uncle, can just stop drinking coke and lose!

I had less than 30 to lose. But i'm not weighing myself. At least not yet. I was too freaked out at weighing over 150lbs.

The problem is if i don't exercise or watch what i eat then that is the weight my body likes to be!

Sometimes the initial amount of weight is easy to lose, but that's usually water weight.  That's why I like to start a diet during my fattest week of the month, when I'm retaining water.  I know I'll lose 5-7 pounds within a couple days so it helps me get started. I think the key no matter how much you want to lose is the commitment and desire to actually lose it.  When I'm serious it's a lot of work but doesn't feel hard.  When I'm not really that serious about it, no matter what it seems I do, I don't lose anything, and I tend to do things that undermine the diet

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #126 on: July 06, 2008, 11:41:30 AM »

Well, since I'll be in auditions all day tomorrow and Tuesday, I'm going to head out for a bit of walking, exploring and re-acquainting.  -And that's not a euphemism.  -Or maybe it should be.  ???  In any case...

Laters..
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #127 on: July 06, 2008, 11:53:26 AM »

Well, I've only read up to Page 1, but I must shower, get dressed so that I can usher for The Rocky Horror Show!  After that, I'm going to my parents' house to visit with my two aunts who are visiting from California.

Have a good day, all! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

singdaw

« Reply #128 on: July 06, 2008, 11:59:39 AM »

I, too, enjoyed bk's party photos.

singdaw

« Reply #129 on: July 06, 2008, 11:59:57 AM »

DR FJL - thanks for your theatre report.

singdaw

« Reply #130 on: July 06, 2008, 12:00:25 PM »

DR TCB - Is it truly the tall ships that pique your interest, or the tall sailors?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #131 on: July 06, 2008, 12:33:11 PM »

I put on both socks first - in no particular order - and then my shoes - again, in no particular order.

I guess I am just anal.

Watch it elmore!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #132 on: July 06, 2008, 12:34:30 PM »

DR JulieC40 - On my way to the grocery store yesterday, since I was in the 'hood, I took the following photos.  These may give you a better idea of what to expect, prepare for.

Jose is that the original Cotton Club?
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: July 06, 2008, 12:38:51 PM »

Back from a long breakfast meeting.  I went over the yays and nays from my perspective, and mentioned the thoughts of Noel and FJL.  NYMF has recommended a director to them, who they seem to think is okay.  Unbeknownst to me, they'd already talked to Martian Entertainment about general managing the show - ME doesn't seem interested in doing anything with NYMF this year - they're "producers" now, you know.  They were part of the team that brought you Glory Days, the fastest closing new musical in years.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: July 06, 2008, 12:39:24 PM »

I only had an English Muffin this morning.  Am thinking about jogging and am also thinking a day off from jogging might be nice.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #135 on: July 06, 2008, 12:39:59 PM »

DR TCB - Is it truly the tall ships that pique your interest, or the tall sailors?

Actually Mrs. Coleslaw, I haven't been close enough to any of the Tall Ships to see the height or the looks of any of the sailors.  However, judging from the photos I have seen of some of the sailors, they are young enough to be my great...uh... nephew.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #136 on: July 06, 2008, 12:50:56 PM »

Jane, if I knew how to connect to a website like the Tall Ships slideshow, I would have done it; but that is beyond my technical skills.

LOL-  Where were you copying the photos from if not your paper's website?

When you mentioned the photo was from the Tacoma paper I went on-line, found their site & clicked on slide show.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #137 on: July 06, 2008, 12:55:57 PM »

Jose is that the original Cotton Club?

Never mind, I found out that it isn't the original, and has only been open since 1978.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #138 on: July 06, 2008, 12:57:21 PM »

LOL-  Where were you copying the photos from if not your paper's website?

When you mentioned the photo was from the Tacoma paper I went on-line, found their site & clicked on slide show.

I got several of the photos from the newspaper, but what I meant was that I didn't know to how do a link to the slideshow.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 01:19:18 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #139 on: July 06, 2008, 01:11:44 PM »

DR Julie, I met Keith in 10th grade, the same day I met our sometime post DR Penny O and the day before I met Bruce.

Jane

« Reply #140 on: July 06, 2008, 01:19:27 PM »

I put my socks on first thing in the morning, before I get out of bed-left sock and then right sock.

I'm about to put my shoes on, left and then right.  That is unless I find the right shoe in my hand instead, in which case I will reverse the order.

The things we discuss here. ;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: July 06, 2008, 01:24:16 PM »

I know I usually come to films very late, but that still doesn't explain why folks like elmore wasn't there opening day with Charlotte or by himself.  Or any other first-dayers.  It's just odd to me - Sex and the City - EVERYONE was there in the first week.  Wall-E a  major film, brilliantly-reviewed from a beloved studio - zip.  Especially as many here were at Ratatouille opening week, no?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #142 on: July 06, 2008, 01:24:44 PM »

Back from a full jog.  I'm sure I worked off the English Muffin from this morning.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #143 on: July 06, 2008, 01:44:10 PM »

I never go to movies on the opening weekends, in fact, I rarely got see movies in theaters any more.  Come to think of it, I am still waiting to see BIRTH OF A NATION.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: July 06, 2008, 01:44:48 PM »

I know I usually come to films very late, but that still doesn't explain why folks like elmore wasn't there opening day with Charlotte or by himself.  Or any other first-dayers.  It's just odd to me - Sex and the City - EVERYONE was there in the first week.  Wall-E a  major film, brilliantly-reviewed from a beloved studio - zip.  Especially as many here were at Ratatouille opening week, no?

Charlotte is in Maine doing summer theatre, I was tied up with Kim Criswell's chart and its resutling fatigue - all I want to do is lie around for a few days and watch tv but I'm trying to finish up a major rewrite on this edition of BABES IN TOYLAND this weekend - and I'll get to it at some point.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #145 on: July 06, 2008, 01:47:23 PM »

Of course, if Charlotte were in town, she would have wanted to go because she's really into animation. And because I adore her, I would have gone with her.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #146 on: July 06, 2008, 01:53:20 PM »

I think it's great that so many of us are too busy to get to a movie on opening weekend that will surely be playing for quite some time.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #147 on: July 06, 2008, 01:57:10 PM »

BK, you aren't secretly one of the producers of WALL-E are you?
“One thing’s universal,

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #148 on: July 06, 2008, 02:00:57 PM »

I met my partner at Phoenix College in the court-reporting program.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #149 on: July 06, 2008, 02:01:12 PM »

He realized recently that I alway put on my left sock, left shoe; and then my right sock and right shoe.  I wonder what that means about me?

Anyone else feel like weighing in? Pantyhose doesn't count.

Left sock, right sock, left shoe, right shoe.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10   Go Up