Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: HEADLIGHTS  (Read 28896 times)

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
Re:HEADLIGHTS
« Reply #150 on: June 21, 2008, 12:11:36 PM »

*morticians who do bad work. (shudder).

You mean the "subject" gets up and leaves in a huff?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Ben

« Reply #151 on: June 21, 2008, 12:12:42 PM »

No, Firefox and Safari are two different browsers. Firefox was developed by people originally connected to Netscape. Safari, for a long time, was an Apple-only browser but recently Apple decided to release it to the mass market. People using Windows can dowload and use Safari if they so desire. Two browsers (Internet Explorer and Firefox) are enough for me.

MBarnum

« Reply #152 on: June 21, 2008, 12:12:53 PM »

Lovely falls photo, DerBrucer...here is another...and close to Salem...Silver Creek Falls...as you can see there is a trail here that also takes you behind the falls. It is a beautiful place with a lovely area for picnincing.

Ben

« Reply #153 on: June 21, 2008, 12:13:28 PM »

Anthony should be out of dance class soon and we shall head home to a dinner of pork chops, spinach and potatoes.

MBarnum

« Reply #154 on: June 21, 2008, 12:28:06 PM »

For fans of Rhubarb the cat (I believe one of his movies is coming to DVD soon)......

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #155 on: June 21, 2008, 12:29:18 PM »

For fans of Rhubarb the cat (I believe one of his movies is coming to DVD soon)......

Hopefully they didn't make Rhubarb eat that junk this food.
[/size]

« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 12:38:22 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ginny

« Reply #156 on: June 21, 2008, 12:40:17 PM »

Saturday afternoon greetings!  I am posting on our laptop via the wireless connection in my room at our local hospital.  At my visit yesterday with the PA in my foot surgeon's office, I complained about the pain in the back of my leg, which I thought was just muscle pain from walking funny on that side for a week and a half.  He sent me for an ultrasound, which revealed deep vein thrombosis (blood clots), so I was admitted and am now on blood thinners and almost complete bed rest.

That explains my E & T-ness all day yesterday.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #157 on: June 21, 2008, 12:42:14 PM »

DRs Elmore and Cillaliz - as you can see, I figured out a work-around past the filtering system.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #158 on: June 21, 2008, 12:51:05 PM »

Here's a list, if anyone wants any of these, let me know:

$5/ea. including shipping--if you get a bunch (say, 6 or more, I'll discount everything)

City Slickers Collector's Edition
The List
Kyle Cease Weirder, Blacker, Dimpler
The First Wives Club
Raisin in the Sun (McDonald/Combs)
Jethro Tull Jack in the Green
Tchaikovsky
Vanaja
The Bucket List
I Am Legend 2 Disc
Muhammed The Last Prophet DVD & CD
Once
Day After Tomorrow
Across the Universe 2 disc
Waterhorse 2 disc
When the Moors Ruled in Europe
Aristocrats (dirty joke)
Don't Drink the Water
Bourne Identity
Hardly Boys in Hardly Gold (William Wegman)
Torn Apart
The Alamo (Wayne)
Showstoppers
Incident at Loch Ness
Ray 2 Disc
Suburban Shootout Complete Series (UK Desperate Housewives)
Steve Martin 3-pack (L.A. Story/All of Me/Novocaine)
Camp
Fantastic 4
Sinatra
Daphne
Robbie Coltrane Incredible Britain
Rita Rudner Live From Las Vegas
Golden Compass Special Edition
Willow Tree
Beau Brummell This Charming Man
The Restless
Indian Invasion Comedy
Hitler:  The Last Ten Days
Spider-Man 3 2 Disc
Harry Potter Goblet of Fire 2 Disc
Harry Potter Prisoner 2 Disc
Harry Potter Chamber 2 Disc
Harry Potter Sorceror 2 Disc

"Make Me an Offer Boxed Sets"

Planet Earth
Two Fat Ladies  SOLD!!
Women and Spirituality
Futurama Vol. 1
The Mysterious Human Heart
2007 Newport Music Festival
X Men Collection (first 2 with tons of extra DVDs)
X Men Last Stand Limited Boxed Set (w/Stan Lee comic book)

« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 01:15:24 PM by JMK »
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #159 on: June 21, 2008, 12:53:41 PM »

One or two of the above may still be pre-street, so of course these are all offered collector to collector, blah, blah, blah, say n'more.....

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #160 on: June 21, 2008, 12:54:34 PM »

If one of you buys everything, there will automatically be enough space for you to stay here should you visit Portland.  ;)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #161 on: June 21, 2008, 01:06:30 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Well... I'm still in New York City, but that's a good thing.

The auditions went very well this morning.  The turnout was good - not HUGE, thankfully - so we were done with the initial screenings by Noon.  Then we had a couple of work sessions with the prospective News Boys, Baby June's and Baby Louise's.  And then we were done at 2:00.  -And my flight doesn't depart until a little before 7:00 tonight.  Ahh.... :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #162 on: June 21, 2008, 01:08:56 PM »

*And I have to say, some of the girls - I'd say "young women", but they truly were girls (no one older than 10 years old) - were amazing!  We were all truly astounded with the last "filtered" group.  They picked up the dancing very fast, and even after they had been taught the combination and danced it a couple of times, they still wanted to learn some more.  If only some of the adults in this industry were so eager and energetic.  -And it ain't easy doing all that tap work en pointe!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #163 on: June 21, 2008, 01:17:22 PM »

So... Since I had/have the time, I came back home to rest up for a bit, grab a bite to eat, and I even made another trip to the post office.  I had gone earlier this morning before heading to the auditions.  My local branch is just s-l-o-w.  It's a given.  Either the people coming up to the window don't have the forms they need and/or know what exactly they want/need, or you get one of the two very helpful and polite clerks... who take their time, and make sure they've asked you if you any additional services/options for each and every package you present.  So...

I think I waited about 25 minutes this morning before I got to a window - and the line was only seven people deep.  Once I got to the window, I told the woman that I had four parcels to mail, and that two of them were "flat rate".  Well, of course, as soon as I started pulling the packages out of my bag, I could hear some moans from the people still in line.  However, I think they did notice that as soon as she put each package on the scale, she printed out the postage strip and moved on to the next package.  In fact, I was gone from that window sooner than the woman next to me who had gone up after me.  So...

I decided to go back this afternoon to take care of one more bit of mailing.  I did need a box, but I had my label prepared.  Thankfully, I ended up with the same "helpful and polite" clerk I had this morning.  She had brought out one box from their display and it turned out to be too small.  She then volunteered to go back into the storage room and get a larger box.  -Which she did.  Which, of course, had some people in line behind me grumbling.  But, again, since I was prepared, and since the boxes were self-adhesive, I was gone from the window just a minute or two after she very kindly brought back the larger box.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JMK

« Reply #164 on: June 21, 2008, 01:19:00 PM »

So... Since I had/have the time, I came back home to rest up for a bit, grab a bite to eat, and I even made another trip to the post office.  I had gone earlier this morning before heading to the auditions.  My local branch is just s-l-o-w.  It's a given.  Either the people coming up to the window don't have the forms they need and/or know what exactly they want/need, or you get one of the two very helpful and polite clerks... who take their time, and make sure they've asked you if you any additional services/options for each and every package you present.  So...

I think I waited about 25 minutes this morning before I got to a window - and the line was only seven people deep.  Once I got to the window, I told the woman that I had four parcels to mail, and that two of them were "flat rate".  Well, of course, as soon as I started pulling the packages out of my bag, I could hear some moans from the people still in line.  However, I think they did notice that as soon as she put each package on the scale, she printed out the postage strip and moved on to the next package.  In fact, I was gone from that window sooner than the woman next to me who had gone up after me.  So...

I decided to go back this afternoon to take care of one more bit of mailing.  I did need a box, but I had my label prepared.  Thankfully, I ended up with the same "helpful and polite" clerk I had this morning.  She had brought out one box from their display and it turned out to be too small.  She then volunteered to go back into the storage room and get a larger box.  -Which she did.  Which, of course, had some people in line behind me grumbling.  But, again, since I was prepared, and since the boxes were self-adhesive, I was gone from the window just a minute or two after she very kindly brought back the larger box.  :)

You must do that at BK's postal emporium sometime.   ;D

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #165 on: June 21, 2008, 01:19:17 PM »

As for daytime running lights - even though they're required(?)/available on new cars, I think it's actually also required that the owner/driver can override them.  I know there's a switch on both of my parents' cars that allows you to do so.  -And I have to say, the symbols they use for "Auto On" and "Off" don't exactly make pictorial sense.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #166 on: June 21, 2008, 01:21:09 PM »

You must do that at BK's postal emporium sometime.   ;D

Well, I have a feeling that the postal emporium in BK's 'hood doesn't keep all of their mailing supplies - free or otherwise - behind the double-paned bullet-proof glass.  -You have to ask for almost everything at my local branch since they're not kept out front in the lobby.  :-\
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #167 on: June 21, 2008, 01:21:47 PM »

DR JMK - I saw "X Men..." on your list, and then realized that they are probably different X Men.  ;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #168 on: June 21, 2008, 01:22:12 PM »

~~~~~REST AND RECOVERY VIBES TO DR GINNY~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #169 on: June 21, 2008, 01:22:39 PM »

...so I was admitted and am now on blood thinners and almost complete bed rest.

Oh dear, will they admit Nubians to continue the grape-feeding?

Who is now taking care of feeding and coddling the Library's homeless denizens.?

Look on the bright side- taking blood thinners tends to scare away the vampires.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Ginny

« Reply #170 on: June 21, 2008, 01:23:47 PM »

Thanks, DR Jose, and travel vibes to you!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #171 on: June 21, 2008, 01:24:19 PM »

-And thanks for all the Travel Vibes for myself too!

*I think I'm going to go ahead and get to the airport early - well, at least at the suggested "two hours before departure" - just because I can, and so that I can continue this what-has-turned-out-to-be quite leisurely paced day.
Make Your Own Luck.

singdaw

« Reply #172 on: June 21, 2008, 01:24:32 PM »

Sorry, Singdaw, I really have no idea why you are the target of my ill-advised humor today.  :)

No worries!  I'm sure that it shall be repaid in kind some day.   ;D

singdaw

« Reply #173 on: June 21, 2008, 01:26:14 PM »

Egad, Ginny!!!      :o      

I'm so glad the problem was found in time and is being treated.

GET WELL SOON!!!!!       :P

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #174 on: June 21, 2008, 01:26:59 PM »

I will say, I was hoping for a direct flight down to Ft. Lauderdale, but since the cruise line had a partnership with US Airways, I'll be connecting through Charlotte.  The layover is only scheduled at an house, but I won't be getting into FLL until just before midnight.  -And I have rehearsal at 10:00am tomorrow!  -The entertainment director will be picking me up, and handing over a binder of pictures and resumes, casting assignments, the music and tapes of the show so that I can (somehow) review and learn(!) them before I start teaching tomorrow.  Whew!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #175 on: June 21, 2008, 01:27:39 PM »

DR brian - I wish you ~~~~~SOUTH PACIFIC TICKET VIBES~~~~~

Bali H'ai!
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #176 on: June 21, 2008, 01:28:27 PM »

Oh dear, will they admit Nubians to continue the grape-feeding?

Well, here they're called PCAs - patient care assistants.

I'm in the brand new hospital that just opened in December.  Not only do we have wifi, the food service is like room service.  You call and order your own meals and can even order a guest meal.  Richard ate lunch with me today.

Ginny

« Reply #177 on: June 21, 2008, 01:30:29 PM »

Egad, Ginny!!!      :o      

I'm so glad the problem was found in time and is being treated.

GET WELL SOON!!!!!       :P

Thanks, DR Singdaw.  Now that they've explained why I'm to remain inactive until the blood thinners take effect, I feel kind of like a walking time bomb.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #178 on: June 21, 2008, 01:32:58 PM »

BK, whimsey is a legit, if arcane, spelling.  "Persistently" was spelt incorrectly however.  I sent you a corrected copy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #179 on: June 21, 2008, 01:33:21 PM »

As for pet peeves...

I really do get disgusted with people who openly litter in the subway cars.  They finish a can of soda, they put in on the floor, crush it with their foot, and kick it aside.  Or they finish a candy bar, and then let the wrapper drop from their hands after they are done.  And now that we're into summer, there are lots more cups filled with still-melting ice in the cars right now.  :-\

*Last week while I was riding the L Train, I noticed three teenagers across from me who were sharing a bag of Twizzlers.  Of course, when they were done, they just crumpled the wrapper and then let it drop on the seat next to them - next to the passenger next to them.  Well... Since I could tell that they were harmless - well, I hoped(!) that they were harmless too - when I got off at the next stop, I made sure to head over to them, pick up the wrapper and put it in the girl's purse.  "The train is not a trash can!".  -They were stunned for a few seconds, but then started to laugh.  (Whew!)  I know they probably just went ahead and threw the wrapper back on the floor, but at least they know that some people are watching what they do on the train - and, most likely, elsewhere.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 01:33:56 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12   Go Up