Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: TIME - THE BITCH GODDESS  (Read 13444 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: TIME - THE BITCH GODDESS
« Reply #150 on: June 16, 2011, 07:26:44 PM »

'night

Ginny

« Reply #151 on: June 16, 2011, 07:29:19 PM »

Back after a ver-r-r-ry long day.  Thank you for the condolences to BK and to DRs:

Cillaliz
MBarnum
George
KevinH
Jane
TCB

"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #152 on: June 16, 2011, 07:33:52 PM »

My Mother was very glad to get some Scotch (NOT tape) and to go out to lunch at our favorite deli near her home.  Then my cousin and I spent a couple of hours at the funeral home planning the memorial service that will take place Saturday afternoon.  We then left for the Cincinnati airport in rush hour traffic, only to discover that when my cousin in Japan told his brother that they'd be here tomorrow it was already Thursday there.  So they were not at CVG today, but due in tomorrow (Friday).  As Rob said when we got home, "That International Date Line will get you every time!"

Ah, well, pizza for dinner and the safe arrival of Perry's wife from Georgia and I'm ready to crash.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #153 on: June 16, 2011, 07:35:32 PM »

DD does not like me.  At first I thought it was the leash, but he walks fine without me holding on to it.  As soon as I pick it up, he stops.  I've tried everything, treats, etc... he just does not follow me.  He might have to go back to his breeder tomorrow :(

Michael

« Reply #154 on: June 16, 2011, 07:38:22 PM »

Back from COMPANY at the movie theater.

I really really liked it. A couple of quibbles since I was not familar with all the actors it would have been nice to identify them as they took their bows.

The other one is some of the weird camera angles.

Sound was spectacular and I even listened for the "Bobby Baby" underscore in Another Hundred People which I heard to the right of me.

Neil Patrick Harris and Patti LuPone were great.

The actresses who play Amy and April shined in their moments as did MArtha Plimpton. I know the actress who played Marta but the name escapes me. Noni.....???

I never realized how underwritten (I guess by choice) the men's roles are; especially Larry's But men were all very good. Familar faces John Cryer and Stephen Colbert were also good in ther parts
;;
I liked that Tick Tock was in this version.

I have seen about four productions of Company over the years and I think I like this one the best. My least favorite was the one where actors played their own intstruments.

I recommemed highly. I believe it is going to be shown twice more. I recommend it. Pricing will vary. I paid $18
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #155 on: June 16, 2011, 07:40:15 PM »

Back from a really interesting telecine session.  I'll talk in more detail in the notes, but I will say that Nudie Musical, when we're through, will look as good as it's ever going to look, given the camera negative is lost and therefore not an option.  But the CRI is the next closest thing, generation-wise - so it's obviously not first generation but it is second generation, while the opticals are third generation.  We had the DVD there as a guide - and I can only tell you I'd forgotten what a scratchy mess that was.  The CRI is in great shape with only really minor dirt at the heads and tails of reels, all of which we'll be able to get rid of.  The colorist is fantastic and it already looks 1000 times better than the DVD, which was not bad, color-wise.  But here, we go shot by shot and it's a lot more detailed than the previous transfer - the tools are 1000 percent better now than they were almost a decade ago.  So, the color is fantastic, the quality is 5000% better, and the sharpness is amazing compared to the DVD, as it should be in 1080p.  The sound is a little more problematic, ironically.  Unfortunately, what they played back for me was the raw transfer - they've already done a filter pass and I didn't hear that - it's supposedly better than the crackle-filled, sibilant, distortion thing I heard today.  However, for more money, they can also do a sonic pass where all that stuff gets cleaned up.  But the audio guy there said we might even be better off taking the sound from one of the prints - so next week I may bring in three prints for audio evaluation.  I'm not going to do all this amazing work on the image to only have it sound bad.  The sound on Nudie was never very good, but we want it to be as good as it can be.

And I do think I'm going to have to do the kickstarter thing - I've already submitted it and they think it's a great idea and only suggested I rethink the rewards part - I'd just sort of made it up as I went along - but they gave me some ideas and other projects to look at and then I revised them, so we'll see what they think of that.  The way it's set up is that anyone can donate any amount of money, from $1 to $1000 and there are rewards no matter how much you donate.  So, I'll keep everyone posted about the progress and I think I made some rewards that are really fun.

Could you use any of the music from the cd releases as a backup for thr musical numbers?
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #156 on: June 16, 2011, 07:43:00 PM »

I just caught up on yesterday's posts.   My condolences and prayers to both DR Ginny and DR Jrand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes ditto from as i catch on the notes as well
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #157 on: June 16, 2011, 07:46:40 PM »

And...

There's currently a line of thunderstorms moving through the area, so...

Laters...

Send some of those storms are way. We are getting dry down here. I even saw a sunburned alligator
Never stop dreaming.

Ginny

« Reply #158 on: June 16, 2011, 07:48:59 PM »

Thank you, Michael S

Ginny

« Reply #159 on: June 16, 2011, 07:49:45 PM »

And, goodnight!

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #160 on: June 16, 2011, 07:58:16 PM »

(((Ginny))))  my condolences toyu and your family particularly to your Mom and cousins
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #161 on: June 16, 2011, 07:58:41 PM »

back to teh basement
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #162 on: June 16, 2011, 08:07:22 PM »

I just caught up on yesterday's posts.   My condolences and prayers to both DR Ginny and DR Jrand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes ditto from as i catch on the notes as well
Back from a really interesting telecine session.  I'll talk in more detail in the notes, but I will say that Nudie Musical, when we're through, will look as good as it's ever going to look, given the camera negative is lost and therefore not an option.  But the CRI is the next closest thing, generation-wise - so it's obviously not first generation but it is second generation, while the opticals are third generation.  We had the DVD there as a guide - and I can only tell you I'd forgotten what a scratchy mess that was.  The CRI is in great shape with only really minor dirt at the heads and tails of reels, all of which we'll be able to get rid of.  The colorist is fantastic and it already looks 1000 times better than the DVD, which was not bad, color-wise.  But here, we go shot by shot and it's a lot more detailed than the previous transfer - the tools are 1000 percent better now than they were almost a decade ago.  So, the color is fantastic, the quality is 5000% better, and the sharpness is amazing compared to the DVD, as it should be in 1080p.  The sound is a little more problematic, ironically.  Unfortunately, what they played back for me was the raw transfer - they've already done a filter pass and I didn't hear that - it's supposedly better than the crackle-filled, sibilant, distortion thing I heard today.  However, for more money, they can also do a sonic pass where all that stuff gets cleaned up.  But the audio guy there said we might even be better off taking the sound from one of the prints - so next week I may bring in three prints for audio evaluation.  I'm not going to do all this amazing work on the image to only have it sound bad.  The sound on Nudie was never very good, but we want it to be as good as it can be.

And I do think I'm going to have to do the kickstarter thing - I've already submitted it and they think it's a great idea and only suggested I rethink the rewards part - I'd just sort of made it up as I went along - but they gave me some ideas and other projects to look at and then I revised them, so we'll see what they think of that.  The way it's set up is that anyone can donate any amount of money, from $1 to $1000 and there are rewards no matter how much you donate.  So, I'll keep everyone posted about the progress and I think I made some rewards that are really fun.

Could you use any of the music from the cd releases as a backup for thr musical numbers?

No, it wouldn't be in synch. 

Laura

« Reply #163 on: June 16, 2011, 08:08:15 PM »

I'm sorry, Matthew. But it would be better to find this out now than later.
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

Cillaliz

« Reply #164 on: June 16, 2011, 08:35:18 PM »

DD does not like me.  At first I thought it was the leash, but he walks fine without me holding on to it.  As soon as I pick it up, he stops.  I've tried everything, treats, etc... he just does not follow me.  He might have to go back to his breeder tomorrow :(

Matthew, perhaps there is a trainer who can work with you and the dog.

MBarnum

« Reply #165 on: June 16, 2011, 08:40:47 PM »

And...

After Tuesday night's performance of Catch Me If You Can, Norbert Leo Butz made this extended Tony Acceptance-Thank You SPEECH.

Mr.Wopat appears to be rapidly approaching the ideal age for Mikey!

Oh he is there already, TCB, he is there!

Oh, wait a minute, he is looking sort of old isn't he?! It must just be the makeup.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 08:47:48 PM by MBarnum »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #166 on: June 16, 2011, 09:04:48 PM »

Back from COMPANY at the movie theater.

I really really liked it. A couple of quibbles since I was not familar with all the actors it would have been nice to identify them as they took their bows.

The other one is some of the weird camera angles.

Sound was spectacular and I even listened for the "Bobby Baby" underscore in Another Hundred People which I heard to the right of me.

Neil Patrick Harris and Patti LuPone were great.

The actresses who play Amy and April shined in their moments as did MArtha Plimpton. I know the actress who played Marta but the name escapes me. Noni.....???

I never realized how underwritten (I guess by choice) the men's roles are; especially Larry's But men were all very good. Familar faces John Cryer and Stephen Colbert were also good in ther parts
;;
I liked that Tick Tock was in this version.

I have seen about four productions of Company over the years and I think I like this one the best. My least favorite was the one where actors played their own intstruments.

I recommemed highly. I believe it is going to be shown twice more. I recommend it. Pricing will vary. I paid $18

So, does this mean you would give it four stars or five stars? :)

Matthew

« Reply #167 on: June 16, 2011, 10:05:31 PM »

OK - DD is staying for now.  DP (that's me, Dear Papa) needs to relax and take a deep breath. 

Laura

« Reply #168 on: June 16, 2011, 10:12:46 PM »

Did you two go for a walk?
"The last time those pirates were here, they stole our honey, and we had to eat unsweetened yogurt for a week!"
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

Laura

« Reply #169 on: June 16, 2011, 10:13:21 PM »

Is he a puppy?
                                                                -- Tiger Lily

Matthew

« Reply #170 on: June 16, 2011, 10:33:07 PM »

Is he a puppy?

6 month old with NO training.  We went for a leash-less walk around the complex tonight.  He was a good boy and stayed with me, which is great.  Tomorrow, I'm going to try and harness and a retractable leash and see if that helps.  I don't want to hurt him while I tug him along.  He's such a sweet boy, he found his food and water and is able to hop on the couch.  If we can just get over this hurdle, things will be great.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #171 on: June 17, 2011, 12:02:50 AM »

Thursday morning greetings.  Thank you all for the vibes and prayers.  My Aunt Jo died about 4 this morning, relieving her sons from having to make some awful decisions.  The prayer now is that she finds a degree of peace that eluded her in life.

My condolences to you and your family, Ginny.

~~~Vibes of Comfort for All!!~~~
Many vibes and prayers of sympathy.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #172 on: June 17, 2011, 12:08:19 AM »

Night, all. This vacation is ending too soon. And I've only written two papers, one article and several columns. Oh, and swim in the ocean twice today.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up